8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tanooki
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've been tooling around for a bit and I never can seem to quite find a nice happy place on how to set my first table I got Gold Ball up right. As it sits the maximum I can set it with the legs that came with it is a 5 degree angle. I've been all over the manual, it doesn't mention a recommended angle to set the table at. Does anyone know what this old table would be best set at? My Pinbot the manual specifically says they want it at a 6 degree angle so I have it set to that, and if Gold Ball had one I'd like to get the intent of the feel of it.

#8 8 years ago

Yes I do have pinguy and I do use it, that's how I knew what level I maxed out at as I went dangerously to the top of the rear leg risers and all 4 of them are 3" from base of the foot to top of the bolt.

I've as I said had it from one extreme to the other, and it just seems floaty up top where it'll bang around for awhile in the pop bumper area, and above there in those 4 lanes it'll do a slow bounce repeatedly off the rubbers there usually many times before it settles between one of them (it doesn't just like bounce one maybe two times and slot into there.) That's why I was wondering if there was an ideal setting.

One thing I've noticed that does change depending on the angle is how it can go to being super common more than once a game where the ball will hit the bumper above the right flipper which will sling it over to the one on the left which is unpowered, but the ricochet will pocket it into that right outlane which gets infuriating when it can happen like 3-4x a game on a 5 ball game. The elevation has affected that, but not the top. I don't mind speed, but I don't like it floating so much if it wasn't intended to.

#10 8 years ago

That's a good rule because if the ramps are inoperable or unreliable due to the angle, you pushed it too far. Gold Ball though is an early SS from Bally, and they designed it to be an EM table like knockoff so no ramps, no crazy items on the table, no animated stuff or mechanicals. Just a spinner, some lanes, various targets (circle, not drops), and 3 pop bumpers and that's really it so there's no ramp to screw up. It's why I like it, it's an EM throwback but with SS parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-the-optimal-table-angle?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.