Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dpkzone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210622_230001[2].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

I am totally stumped. I have been through pricing adjustment (18) menu and the custom pricing menu in utilities for my stern spike 2 games and I simply cannot figure out how to adjust game pricing the way I want. I want:
    1 play = $1.50
    5 plays = $5.00
    Anyone know how to unlock the secret sauce here for me? Thank you in advance!

Can I assume you have two 25 cent coin mechs on your machines? If there is a dollar bill acceptor I am not sure how that factors in but I would imagine the bill acceptor just generates a set amount of "units" which is Stern's terminology which we can think of as pennies.

Check you Coin Door Settings
    ---------------------------------
    Ensure your machine is setup to payout 25 units per pulse, so that each coin is worth 25 cents. This may be default.

My machine is setup for Canada where we use $1 and $2 coins mostly for pinball. As such my Coin Door was set to register 100 units per pulse, ie 100 pennies per $1 coin. And the $2 coin slot is set to register 2 pulses per coin, ie 200 pennies per $2 coin. Long story short the Units per Pulse is the smallest denomination you can adjust your prices to.

Setup Custom Pricing
    ------------------------
    This is not intuitive at all. I found this portion of the Spiderman manual online and the principles are the same.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/7445122/download-stern-pinball

Clear any preset custom pricing which should bring you back to Custom Pricing with 0 Credits At: $0.25

First and foremost, do not adjust the credits yet, first set your price to $1.50.
    * Select NEXT until "At:" is flashing
    * Select EDIT
    * press + until you raise the price to $1.50
    * Select to lock this in
    * Select BACK until "Credits" is flashing
    * Select EDIT
    * + once to set 1 Credit At: $1.50
    * Select to lock this in

Repeat the steps above for $3.00 and $4.50

Now lets set the $5 for 5 games
    * Select NEXT until "At:" is flashing
    * Select EDIT
    * press + until you raise the price to $5.00
    * Select to lock this in
    * Select BACK until "Credits" is flashing
    * Select EDIT
    * + 2 times to set 2 Credits At: $5.00
    * Select to lock this in

You should now have 1/1.50 2/3.00 3/4.50 5/5.00

Now I would certainly test this as I am just fooling around with the settings but everything looks right. I performed the above on a Deadpool Pro which is a Spike 2 machine. I did a couple of test simulating a $1 coin as 25 cents and this seems to be working.

The TL;DR version:
    * set 1 credit at: 1.50
    * set 1 credit at: 3.00
    * set 1 credit at: 4.50
    * set 2 credits at: 5.00

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

This 100% worked exactly as you described. Thank you so much for taking the time to spell this all out! I really appreciate all of the people who jump in and solve problems in this hobby. Cheers!

You are so welcome, I am glad to hear it worked! I do not operate machines but I am fascinated by all of the menu adjustments to support operators so it was a fun challenge. I learned a lot myself

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-stern-spike-1-game-pricing?tu=smack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.