(Topic ID: 5260)

Setting machine to retain the high score..

By Blackbeard

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by examiner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

For whatever reason, Gorgar doesn't keep the player one high score when it's turned off and back on. It goes back to factory setting of 500,000. I don't think it's battery related, as the pin retains other settings, i.e. free play.

Anyone know how to set it to retain the high score? Can't figure it out!

#2 12 years ago

It could be the batteries not being in the correct way. -= spring +=flat

#3 12 years ago

Could the high score reset button be being pushed, or could it be stuck on, maybe?

#4 12 years ago

Seems like that is something that might be caused by those rusted/corroded batteries you took out, as noted in your prior thread. Is there any evidence of corrosion on the battery holders and/or board?

#5 12 years ago

I was having issues with mine, that was only a small part but replaced the chip and I now do not have the need for batteries.

#6 12 years ago

No evidence of corrosion. I just think I don't know how to set it to this feature.

#7 12 years ago

I do not believe there is a setting that would cause this. I guess you could try setting the "Current High Score to Date" and "Backup High Score to Date" to the factory setting. Maybe there is a function in there causing this.

If it's keeping your other settings the batteries/holder should be good.

#8 12 years ago

Yeah, it's strange.

Maybe i'll go thru and just reset to factory and see what happens.

#9 12 years ago

Blackbeard - thought about this yet?........

have you actually scored more than 500,000 on the machine yet? (I don't know what a typical score on Gorgar is, but the factory high scores are usually high enough to make them a reach for a new player).

Your 500,000 is the factory default setting for high score. Your high score won't show up until you beat that.

Or, you could go into the adjustment menu and set the factory score to something low so you can actually beat it and see your high score flashed.

Or maybe I'm crazy and you routinely score a billion every time you play and the high scores just aren't saving. If that's the case, you've got some strange RAM problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-machine-to-retain-the-high-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.