(Topic ID: 329319)

Setting in Adjustment not found in manual?

By MRMR

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MRMR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4732 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

When looking thru the adjustments I found settings not covered in my Corvette manual? Menu A.2 17 & A.2 18 and more are not covered in manual and when searching google I did not get any info about them?

Any one knows why?

IMG_4732 (resized).jpgIMG_4732 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Manuals printed way ahead of time might not have options that are added later in roms.

#3 1 year ago

The only manual addendum I know about is the one for the ZR1 diagnostics here:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/570/Bally_1994_Corvette_Manual_Amendment_16_9890.pdf

It covers the A2.17 change, but I don't see anything about A2.18.

When Williams was making these manuals there was constant pressure to make changes all the way up to and in the middle of production, despite the fact that the printer of these manuals needed the documents in final form many weeks in advance.

There are MANY, MANY, MANY errors and omissions in pinball manuals, it's just something that the technicians had to get used to. And pretty much it was only technicians who looked at these books anyway.

For a lot of years the documentation on video games and pinballs was so bad that I would say 'Real techs don't need manuals'.

It was easier to figure out everything for yourself instead of relying on poorly checked documentation that referred to a machine that was produced before many changes were made.

This is definitely not something you should obsess over. It was the 90's. Mistakes were made.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

The only manual addendum I know about is the one for the ZR1 diagnostics here:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/570/Bally_1994_Corvette_Manual_Amendment_16_9890.pdf
It covers the A2.17 change, but I don't see anything about A2.18.
When Williams was making these manuals there was constant pressure to make changes all the way up to and in the middle of production, despite the fact that the printer of these manuals needed the documents in final form many weeks in advance.
There are MANY, MANY, MANY errors and omissions in pinball manuals, it's just something that the technicians had to get used to. And pretty much it was only technicians who looked at these books anyway.
For a lot of years the documentation on video games and pinballs was so bad that I would say 'Real techs don't need manuals'.
It was easier to figure out everything for yourself instead of relying on poorly checked documentation that referred to a machine that was produced before many changes were made.
This is definitely not something you should obsess over. It was the 90's. Mistakes were made.

Thanks for the Corvette Amendment, I will keep it with my manual since it adds good information. It's dated Sept-94 and my revision are from Dec-94 so the A2.18 has probably been added after that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/setting-in-adjustment-not-found-in-manual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.