• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rmillman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

Check the switches on the 10's score reel - going by memory, once the 10's is at zero, the machine sets the 100's to zero, then the thousands, etc. Your machine probably has the score motor running continuously? Likely the machine is not seeing all the score reels at zero,

Manually set all score reels to zero and turn on the machine, then try to start a game. What happens?

#9 1 year ago

I’m still leaning toward bad switch on 10s reel. Did you check switch closure with a meter? They can look closed visually but not be closed electrically.

#14 1 year ago

Time to pull out jumpers and jump the zero position switches, one at a time, starting with the ones reel and working your way up. Hopefully, you have a schematic to see which ones are zero position.

#18 1 year ago

With power off, adjust all of your score reels to something other than zero. Power up, try to start a game. Do all the score reels go to zero? If so, and the score motor is still running, look at the "Z" relay(s) while the motor is still running. Is/are it/they still energized?

I am getting to a point where I can't help much without a schematic. I'm not even sure if the score reset relays are labeled "Z" in this machine. The only machine I have close to that era is a Sing a Long, and it does not have any relays labeled "Z". Do you have a schematic?

Part of owning a machine is the learning curve required to fix them when something is wrong. I know its frustrating, but once you repair one and get it going, there a large feeling of satisfaction. Plus, you can report what you found and did to fix it, and possibly help the next person with the same problem. Hang in there, the problem will be solved!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/service-help?tu=Billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.