Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

butt_crack_joe_the_plumber1 (resized).jpg
    af3907f6ea555eac76b5f33d0b536c4f6115c069.gif.gif
    IMG-20151222-WA0017 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

I did home service calls for about 25 years and had been slowly cutting back for about 2 years. Used to cover pool tables, fix Jukes, Videos & Pins. Seen just about everything and dealt with every type of person. Had some great experiences and made some good side money, but It's at the point that I just don't have the time.

The thing that got me was how inconsiderate some people were. Forgetting I was coming over, leaving crap piled around and on the stuff I was supposed to fix, not knowing where the keys were, etc. And I don't mind a question or two, but stay out of my way and shut up so I can think! And get your dogs outta here please!

Wrapped up my final service call a few weeks ago and am done. I might still do an occasional one, but for now, it feels great to have my schedule clear.

A few that come to mind...
    - The threatening call on Christmas eve about how the juke I fixed quit working and it needs to be fixed before tomorrow noon because there's people coming over. He'd just put on some Xmas records, so I talked him through moving the switch from "service" to "on". He suddenly changed his threatening tone.
    - Fixed a Stargate Pinball in a corporate penthouse meeting room during an employee review. "It's OK, don't mind us".
    - Covered a pool table while being constantly being chatted at by the owner. Everything went wrong and what should have taken 3 hours, took 6. I had a love/hate relationship with pool tables. Good money if it goes right, but when it goes wrong, oh boy.
    - Did a service call at the local Mental Health facility. Had to go through a half-dozen locked doors to get to the patient game room. Fixed the 6 Million Dollar Man Pinball, but couldn't fix the mangled bent rods on the Foos Ball Table.

#47 4 years ago

I’ve got some good pizza delivery stories, but that’s a different thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/service-call-stories?tu=tullster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.