Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

butt_crack_joe_the_plumber1 (resized).jpg
    af3907f6ea555eac76b5f33d0b536c4f6115c069.gif.gif
    IMG-20151222-WA0017 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FrankJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

Let me start by saying I have a weird sense of humor, and can be spiteful at times.

Back in the 1980’s, I sold a game to a family. My specialty has always been EM’s. A few weeks later they called to say the game did nothing, it was just dark. I head out expecting to fix it for no charge. When I arrive, my game is working fine, but the game next to it is dark. I tell them this is not the game I sold them. After a few back and forth comments they tell me they bought the game from someone else, but that person does not make house calls.

I’m a little pissed, but I know the other guy, and he does good work/probably simple. I took off the glass and give it a quick glance. I’ll fix it for $100 - cash only. I put the money in my pocket, closed up the game, turned the power switch on (it was off), strutted out with a silly grin on my face, and drove away.

I’m sure he tells a story about some SOB repair guy stole $100 from him. All I know is if he would have been honest with me, I would have done it for free.

Another time, I got called to repair a Wms Travel Time. It was a very wealthy area of Orlando. The game was outside in a covered area by the pool. I opened up the game and there were live termites/dead termites everywhere. It was the worst infestation I had (or have) ever seen. The game probably weighed half of what it should. I jumped back and told the homeowner he should have it removed immediately and that his house should be checked too - as they were everywhere. His comment back - you’re not going to fix it? No! It should be lit on fire and burned NOW! I think I charged him $40 for the drive and told him that was cheap. I just confirmed he had a termite problem and saved him a call to pest control.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FrankJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/service-call-stories?tu=FrankJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.