Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by JJDK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Brand new Monster Bash. Service buttons work intermittently. What could be the issue? Dealer want to co tact Chgo gaming to get a new 4 button piece but I have no idea how to install it. Anyone ever replace one?

#2 1 year ago

Follow the wires into the game. Reseat any connector you run into and be wure they are pushed in tight.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

With the game turned off. Push them all up and down a few times. This may clean their innards.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Brand new Monster Bash. Service buttons work intermittently. What could be the issue? Dealer want to co tact Chgo gaming to get a new 4 button piece but I have no idea how to install it. Anyone ever replace one?

If they come from the same source as Stern, they are sketchy and intermittent. I know Stern mailed out several replacements in the last couple years. Parts quality going down, prices going up.

#5 1 year ago

I am curious, it the problem most likely the service buttons themselves or could it be something else. No one has actually inspected the game, I just got it on Friday and it is new. Could not get into the service menu consistently and holding it down for several seconds (20-30) allows it to come up most times. Once in escape does not work. Since it is a new game should the dealer have it checked and new parts installed?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from JJDK:

problem most likely the service buttons themselves or could it be something else

Did you follow Lloyds (@LTG) instructions? As mentioned here twice now, the buttons can go bad or be defective out of the box. They are easy to replace, and require minimal skills to change out.

Quoted from JJDK:

Since it is a new game should the dealer have it checked and new parts installed?

Not typically if you are asking if they should have checked it before you got it. Was it NIB? If so, almost definitely no...

If you are asking if they should pay for a tech to come service it, probably not, but you can ask them. You don't identify your location... if you want in person help, your best bet is to post where you are, and ask a local to come help you. Many here will gladly help, often in exchange for beer if you are really close.

#7 1 year ago

Yes NIB. And I tried all suggestions and it still isn’t working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/service-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.