• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

you will be my boyfriend, yes.jpg
craigslistad.PNG
#1 10 years ago

Is this guy storing his "vintage reconditioned pinball machine" in a condemned crack house??

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#2 10 years ago

craigslistad.PNGcraigslistad.PNG

"It appraises at thirty five hundred"

I really love this part to the story!!!!!

Cheers
PChop

#3 10 years ago

Um.......

#4 10 years ago

maid's weekend off

#5 10 years ago

If it has been professionally restored, might be worth $1000

#6 10 years ago

Before you let this into your home you might want to wipe it all down with alcohol, a few times.

#7 10 years ago

Yes, welcome to New Castle...The arm-pit of PA. Unfortunately, that's what aproximately 50% of the city looks and lives like.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If it has been professionally restored, might be worth $1000

Legitimately, from what you can tell in those pics, the machine does look really nice... just that sweet ass room as a backdrop that cracked me up.

#9 10 years ago

Machine was probably stolen, trying to sell it for crack money.

#10 10 years ago

Maybe he was saying the house is worth 3500...

#11 10 years ago

Kinda sad

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

Legitimately, from what you can tell in those pics, the machine does look really nice... just that sweet ass room as a backdrop that cracked me up.

It's just like when you look at chicks on OKCupid.com and they are taking pictures of themselves with 1000 pounds of clothes on the floor.

"Hmmm, what will better attract a decent man than showing that I live in a pile of shit..."

you will be my boyfriend, yes.jpgyou will be my boyfriend, yes.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Looks like a house that was foreclosed on and the machine got left behind. The new owner probably just wants it outta there. Bet you could grab it for $500 if not less.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just like when you look at chicks on OKCupid.com and they are taking pictures of themselves with 1000 pounds of clothes on the floor.
"Hmmm, what will better attract a decent man than showing that I live in a pile of shit..."

Hilarious! Hey, maybe she's thinking, "Guys don't like cleaning... I'll just let them know I'm cool with that!"

Awww yeah, let's get nasty between that half eaten plate of mac and cheese and this pile of dirty socks... Freaky!!!

#15 10 years ago

You guys are quick to judge other people.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

Hilarious! Hey, maybe she's thinking, "Guys don't like cleaning... I'll just let them know I'm cool with that!"
Awww yeah, let's get nasty between that half eaten plate of mac and cheese and this pile of dirty socks... Freaky!!!

The whitish stains on her dress. do not look good either. That poor chick must want out of that hoarders home.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You guys are quick to judge other people.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

I think that's a reasonable asking price. Says he won it in a contest. Who cares where he lives?
If it was a HUO TSPP for 1000 would you pass? I wouldn't.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This
I think that's a reasonable asking price. Says he won it in a contest. Who cares where he lives?
If it was a HUO TSPP for 1000 would you pass? I wouldn't.

Let's all calm down. I just thought it was funny the guy took a pic of such a nice machine in that room.

Ratchet down the moral indignation, I'm sure the dude doesn't live in a crack house.

Sheesh...

Edit: Actually kind of irritated thinking about your replies. I understand that it's sometimes hard to get context over the internet, but my intent was not to say, "Oh, look at this poor person trying to sell a pinball machine! HA, ha, ha..." I never assumed that this guy was broke. I thought it was just a sun room on the back of someone's house that just had junk in it and I was thinking, "why wouldn't you sweep up and pick the trash up off the floor before taking this picture?"

I wouldn't snap a pic of a pin I had for sale in my garage right now, because it's full of crap! End of my point.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This
Who cares where he lives? If it was a HUO TSPP for 1000 would you pass? I wouldn't.

Ditto! I'd be all over it if it was a TOTAN or BoP!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just like when you look at chicks on OKCupid.com

Now we know what vid checks out when he's on the road!

C'mon vid, fess up, that's probably one of your *layover* stops!

Is that your jar of giant koshers sitting there?

#21 10 years ago

Looks like bubbies house . Dude has money to.

#22 10 years ago

But it's not a TOTAN, or TSPP, or BOP. It's a (probably) non-working Spirit of 76 EM. No where close to $1000. I wouldn't give $300 for it.

#23 10 years ago

won it in a contest? BS meter is pegged.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

won it in a contest? BS meter is pegged.

Maybe their relative won it back in 1976?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Yes, welcome to New Castle...The arm-pit of PA. Unfortunately, that's what aproximately 50% of the city looks and lives like.

Ever since Rockwell Automotive closed their heavy truck steering axle plant in the early '90's, New Castle went down the toilet.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

Let's all calm down. I just thought it was funny the guy took a pic of such a nice machine in that room.
Ratchet down the moral indignation, I'm sure the dude doesn't live in a crack house.
Sheesh...
Edit: Actually kind of irritated thinking about your replies. I understand that it's sometimes hard to get context over the internet, but my intent was not to say, "Oh, look at this poor person trying to sell a pinball machine! HA, ha, ha..." I never assumed that this guy was broke. I thought it was just a sun room on the back of someone's house that just had junk in it and I was thinking, "why wouldn't you sweep up and pick the trash up off the floor before taking this picture?"
I wouldn't snap a pic of a pin I had for sale in my garage right now, because it's full of crap! End of my point.

When offering anything for sale. It should be shown off in the best way possible.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Ever since Rockwell Automotive closed their heavy truck steering axle plant in the early '90's, New Castle went down the toilet.

Mesta machine, Johnson Bronze, PECOR, Rockwell Int., The Cray Co. and just about every other major manufacturing comany that was ever here. All someone has to do now is pull the handle. (flipper)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seriously-what-is-going-on-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.