(Topic ID: 203480)

Serious Buyer or Tire Kicker? How do you tell?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mel.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago

Whether I'm buying or selling, I do it on text/email in the beginning if given the option. We exchange pics/facts on the game, negotiate a price and set the date and time. Once that is set up, we also exchange phone numbers in the final message so that if anything goes awry with either persons schedule they can be contacted. I alway make it a point to confirm the appointment and announce with a text that I am on the way. I've always had good exchanges with polite and respectful people and have never had a problem...or maybe I've just gotten lucky about 20 times.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

It's so funny, the amount of judging that takes place.

*Monster Bash (2 words, proper noun)
    *wear
    *My equipment doesn't get beat up over time

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Here are some things I have learned from just being older, making good deals, making bad deals, being lied to, etc. ....
    When did you pick up on that some guy is just wasting your time? What signal did he put out that you finally figured out you were being screwed with?

I read through your full text and I get your frustration. I'm beginning to think one of three things:
    #1 does this only happen on higher priced pins? (I've never experienced this on sub $2K pins I've bought and sold)
    #2 is it geographical? (a.k.a. do you have more "tire kickers" in KS than in OH?)
    #3 are your prices not really in the market range? (I've usually sold pins within about a week at fair price with zero problems with tire kickers)

I'm just not experiencing all these problems when I go to sell a pin, and I am postulating these questions as to why.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just put "Price is Firm" in your ad.
    If you don't get 10 calls in the first hour, you priced the game way too high, and will have to re-list with a realistic price.

A voice of reason in the wilderness speaks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/serious-buyer-or-tire-kicker-how-do-you-tell-1?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.