(Topic ID: 203480)

Serious Buyer or Tire Kicker? How do you tell?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mel.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

I only accept phone calls, I ignore people who text me anyway.

When the person says they are coming out tonight, I remind them to bring a truck or SUV (with the seats ALREADY removed) and cash. Any buyer who answers with "Well....I was going to come check it out first with my car; then, borrow my brother's van on Saturday or Sunday.." . Those people I simply tell that I've got 10 other calls to return, and I'm going to move along to the first buyer who is ready to take the game TONIGHT. This gets rid of 90% of the tire kickers on the spot.

I tell people "I've got you coming at 6pm, then if you don't take it, another fella at 6:30pm and a third at 7pm" If you don't set a concrete time, buyers will always be late and tie up your entire night. "Hey, I'm the guy coming to look at the game.....uh, my ex was late picking up the kids, so I'm about an hour behind, but I'll be there...uh and I'm trying to get my brother to bring over his van...."

I make sure that the game for sale is already out of the basement and in my garage. This eliminates the chances of them injuring themselves on my stairs and suing me (or scratching up my walls/doors) .

I also make sure I ALREADY have two receipts printed stating that there is NO warranty expressed or implied. I make them sign my copy.

I have the keys to the game already in the locks and ready to show off the guts.

I always have some cheap ratchet straps from HF ready to secure the game in their vehicles - again avoiding being dragged into court.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I damaged my hearing years ago in college on the rifle team. So not everyone who doesn’t want to hold hands on the phone and sing Kum-by-ya is a tire kicker.

If someone texts me and says they are deaf or something like that, OK I got that. But otherwise, pinball texters are always tire kickers/scammers.

My ad has a link to 100s of high rez photos of the game & restoration, everything works correctly, it says my price is firm. it says no shipping, it says no paypal, the game is in the garage @ ground level.

25 time wasting texts could be taken care of in a 2 minute phone call AND I can instantly assess if the person is an offshore scammer or a genuine pinhead.

#59 6 years ago

Just put "Price is Firm" in your ad.

If you don't get 10 calls in the first hour, you priced the game way too high, and will have to re-list with a realistic price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/serious-buyer-or-tire-kicker-how-do-you-tell-1?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.