(Topic ID: 203480)

Serious Buyer or Tire Kicker? How do you tell?

By cottonm4

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mel.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

The better you price your games the less tire kickers you get... funny how that works. Try to squeeze every last penny out of something and deal with the world trying the same on you.

Some of us value our money more than our time... others have a happy medium.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you go about setting a price that is "better"? Define "better", please. What inputs do you use to set a price that you want to ask for a pin you want to sell?

Many people on Pinside (where I see there games sitting) have clearly looked at past sales and either gone with the highest priced past sale or gone with the highest price and added a couple hundred. Also, so many pinsiders mod the crap out of their game ($200 worth of ugly toys) and try and translate that to $250 of added value.

Selling requires research too and in the past I have used history here (actual sold data not the average info that pinside gives you) and I’ve used KLOV data.

At the end of the day there are a ton of variables (location, timing, etc) but a fairly priced game won’t sit long. If you have a gut feeling that you need to add a few hundred to the price for “room to negotiate” you haven’t priced it fairly in my opinion.

But there are outliers to everything — I see two games local to me now which are killer deals. Clearly no one has the money or the desire for the LE titles (myself included I just don’t value a LE anymore than a premium).

Pinball machines are just fancy toys after all...

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

It's so funny, the amount of judging that takes place. I have had some super deals from Pinside because of this. A new guy posts some stuff, everybody is crying scammer, guys turn out to be legit.
    Somebody stated something about pricing right and the tire kickers go away, this is not true. If you price it to low then people assume it's a scam, or they offer an even lower price. You could post up a monsterbash that is 100% playable for $5k but might have some ware. Many people would be offering $4500, $4000 whatever. People are people and always want the cheapest deal they can get, and you are dealing with equipment that gets beat up over time.

I disagree. Response is simple : my price is more than fair and someone else will agree with me. Then ignore the person. You can’t get all hurt over someone trying to low ball you. If your price is fair just say so and move on. Someone else will buy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/serious-buyer-or-tire-kicker-how-do-you-tell-1?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.