• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Is this just a rumor or is it real?
Why would Stern not release the Premium model from the beginning?

Im a bit confused by the official silence from them on this version of the game.

#2 11 years ago

Dunno. My •guess• is that they are waiting for the LEs to be sold through to end users before releasing.

#3 11 years ago

Folks are crazy for not just getting an LE on this title. Premiums are great for keeping all the features available after LEs are gone but if you want the game and want it full featured just email JJ and get one.
Everyone has had it and made it clear its good.

#4 11 years ago

It's the features that I like. For me, the extra price for the LE is too high. I love my ACDC premium and do not desire and LE.

#5 11 years ago

with the new price increases at stern, the differences in price from premium and LE are very little.
Think of the LE as a premium plus!

#6 11 years ago

Premiums were a go-to option in case all the LEs sold out. And, so there is no misunderstanding, this tactic is Stern's ace in the hole intended to keep their distributors happy; it was NOT to make pinheads happy. Remember, Gary says, the distributers are his customers, no joe-gameroom.

So, it's simple. Distributors didn't sell-out during the pre-order. No Premium edition. Shame on you, pinsiders, for not buying all the presale LEs, right?

#7 11 years ago

I believe they put the blurb about premiums in case demand calls for it a year down the line. Similar to where tron is at now. High demand but they can only do pro runs and not design a premium as it would go against their word. So basically it's a fail safe in case they ever want to reproduce the title.

#8 11 years ago

The blue LE's are available for around $6800 shipped from some distributors. The Premium, if it happens will likely be within $400 of that price.

I would much rather pay the difference and get the limited edition that has a stock shaker, lighted apron, and mirrored backglass and have the game now than to wait for something that is not limited and is contingent on the distributors essentially selling all their LE's.

#9 11 years ago

I was going to wait for the premium but pulled the trigger on LE.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Folks are crazy for not just getting an LE on this title. Premiums are great for keeping all the features available after LEs are gone but if you want the game and want it full featured just email JJ and get one.
Everyone has had it and made it clear its good.

I'm sorry, but the opposite could be said for those dropping $7k on an LE IMO, and it has nothing to do with the game itself- I just think the price increases by stern have been unwarranted and we are not seeing the value of these increases. My humble opinion, of course.

I bought a pro and am very happy.

#11 11 years ago

Wont disgree at all. My point was only to those waiting for a Premium vs LE. The Pro is the smartest move.
My next one will be a Pro.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Premiums were a go-to option in case all the LEs sold out. And, so there is no misunderstanding, this tactic is Stern's ace in the hole intended to keep their distributors happy; it was NOT to make pinheads happy. Remember, Gary says, the distributers are his customers, no joe-gameroom.
So, it's simple. Distributors didn't sell-out during the pre-order. No Premium edition.

True or not, this makes sense. Either way, Joe gameroom has come on strong for Stern in the last few years and I think they have responded. Someone at Stern is recognizing or responding to Joe Gamerooms increasingly louder voice. I do not know the sale figures etc, but I was not under the impression that routed pinball has similarly surged like the home market.

#13 11 years ago

I'm waiting for the premium, hopefully they will get the bugs ironed out. Opening a nib game and having to do all these minor fixes would drive me crazy mad. WTF does 7k get you these days?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

WTF does 7k get you these days?

A really amazing 24 hours in Vegas.

#15 11 years ago

There will for sure be a premium. When is anybody's guess.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A really amazing 24 hours in Vegas

Hell yeah.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There will for sure be a premium. When is anybody's guess.

Once the LE's are sold

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Once the LE's are sold

This. Holding back on the Premiums to me says they were worried about them taking a bite out of the LE sales. Once those are all sold out, then the premiums will be given the hard sell.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A really amazing 24 hours in Vegas.

Or two weeks in Hawaii split between a nice hotel and condo.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

I'm waiting for the premium, hopefully they will get the bugs ironed out. Opening a nib game and having to do all these minor fixes would drive me crazy mad. WTF does 7k get you these days?

One of the funnest games released in the last couple years.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm sorry, but the opposite could be said for those dropping $7k on an LE IMO, and it has nothing to do with the game itself- I just think the price increases by stern have been unwarranted and we are not seeing the value of these increases. My humble opinion, of course.
I bought a pro and am very happy.

How much were the acdc LEs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/serious-avengers-premium-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.