Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Terry1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okorange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The replay circuits weren't working on my Carnival Queen and I was having a hell of a time figuring out what was going on. First of all, nothing was working. That turned out to be the normal index adjustment, which solved some of it. In-line scores pulled in the search index but the red and green replay counters weren't stepping, although the meter was adding credits - without stopping! (Man, this was probably an operator's worst nightmare). That issue was caused by a funky wiper which is (pretty much) fixed, although I'm not so sure it won't happen again. Sections still weren't scoring. Usually that's the change-over switches, so I adjusted them and it didn't matter. Anyway, after a bunch of frustration I found the problem to be the sequence unit reset plunger. I have attempted a few times to clean and adjust the switch but it's pretty delicate. So I decided to just close it permanently to see what would happen. The sections now score perfectly as well. So the first question is, what is the purpose behind this switch at all, and can I just leave it closed? Second question - I am worried the "I" wiper (outside row) won't continue to work for all colors because someone mangled it pretty good in the past and I had to fool around with the bend and also sort of make some sideways adjustment as well to get it to work in all colors. Any ideas to make this reliable going forward? TIA.

#6 6 years ago

bingopodcast I think your assessment is correct. Thanks for that. I'm going to go back in and try to get the adjustment correct, I feel like maybe I'm taking the lazy man's way out!

#9 6 years ago

"but can you sleep at night with a known misadjusted switch?" No, and I'm sure you couldn't either, that is our mutual sickness.

"At the center position of each of those gaps (e.g. 23, 19), the cam switch that resets the sequence and winner units closes, so that's how the sequence/winner units reset between looking at each section." Phil, how in the name of hell do you figure this stuff out?

OK guys, I will fix the frickin' switch!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okorange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sequence-unit-reset-plunger-and-wiper-tension-tech?tu=okorange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.