Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Terry1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Terry1:

"change-over switches"

Terry, they basically set the mode from 'plain bingo' to sectional scoring. They are present on every Magic Screen game and direct the scoring circuits appropriately.

@okorange, I seem to recall this coming up in the not-so-recent past somewhere. Maybe when I was fixing up my Bounty several years ago.

I'll see if I can dig that up. I think Phil H. answered that question for me, but I think looking at the schematic will make that pretty clear to me now. We'll see!

#4 6 years ago

While the sequence unit is physically in the act of resetting, it cuts off power to the search index if the game is not in the act of paying out.

I haven't found the correspondence I was talking about, but from the looks of the schematic, because the sequence unit is only really engaged in sectional scoring, I'd guess it is to handle the difference in physical time between scoring sections vs. straight bingo if you have only a couple of sections exposed (Pos A-D). In other words, the control unit keeps on turnin' if there's no sectional payout. But, then again, normal bingo winners are weighted towards the front of the search disc (in rotation).

That said, it's just a guess. Looking at the schematic, as long as your unit is operating properly, it looks like that could be an optional switch.

Perhaps Bally wanted to make sure that a gummy stepper wouldn't cause undue payout problems?

It would have to be pretty screwed up, though. Bally put a goodly number of blank rivet positions on the search disc to account for this, it appears.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from okorange:

I feel like maybe I'm taking the lazy man's way out!

I know, just like me, that that will eventually drive you nuts if you don't fix it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sequence-unit-reset-plunger-and-wiper-tension-tech?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.