Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buzz.png
    ie.jpg
    pinsideimage.JPG
    291787.png
    smartass.png
    pinside1970.PNG
    patat-met.jpg
    wrong rating #.png
    image.jpg
    date and time stamp 2.jpg
    date and time stamp 1.jpg
    Bug in Search Posts - 44 years.jpg
    Market.PNG
    market-place-back-to-how-it-used-to-be.jpg
    Karma.png
    Capture1.PNG
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

As for the market, I personally really like the new Marketplace view but also realise that not everyone would like the waterfall. That's why I also included the option to have single rows, or double boxes (option 1 and 2 in the 4-views selector). That said, I did notice some display bugs in those 2 views which I will look into asap.

Perhaps you could set the default to 1 column and no EBAY ads if most people prefer that look.

#102 9 years ago

I lost 100000 points Robin but congrats on a terrific site which you subject to continuous improvement.

#103 9 years ago

When using marketplace game name suggestions and removing the suggested game name, there is no text box to enter a new name. Refreshing the page brings the old suggestion back.
    Capture1.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture2.PNG

#104 9 years ago

Awesome! This place keeps getting better!

#105 9 years ago

Great work Robin. Pinside website is great.

#106 9 years ago

Excellent work as always. Reminded me to donate - why don't y'all do the same?

#107 9 years ago

Also don't like the new Market format. Adding ebay to Pinside ads is way to much content for me to digest. Just want to see Pinside ads in one column like before.

Thanks for all your hard work Robin

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

People who lost a lot of Karma, please PM me and I will investigate what happened. There could be some gains/losses but it should run into the millions.

Guess the change comes from ratings not taken into account. I rated 135 pins, but only two count?
    I am probably not the only one in that situation: Caucasian2step with 600+ pins rated lost more than 4 million Karma...

Karma.pngKarma.png

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Guess the change comes from ratings not taken into account. I rated 135 pins, but only two count?
    I am probably not the only one in that situation: Caucasian2step with 600+ pins rated lost more than 4 million Karma...

Karma.png 51 KB

I lost points from all my ratings, looks like that's a potential bug

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The menu is something I have been struggling with for a long time. I wanted it to display bigger on my iPad (nowadays a huge percentage of Pinside's visitors) but I also need space to extend for future menu items. And also allow for things like polaroid images to "stick out" and not go over the menu. So what I ended up with seemed the best option, considering these factors. I will dive back in at a later date to see if I can improve it, make it work better in some other way.

If it'll work, a center align may help with the visual aspect.

#111 9 years ago

additional bug report regarding market.

If a member has an ad listed in the market, they have a small pink? icon next to their avatar in each post.
    Click on that little icon and it used to pop up their ad. Now it just goes to the blanket market page.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Hmph. Suprised blondetall hasn't take all the credit for this..........

Hey now. Basically everything I write is purely sarcastic or smartass. Maybe we need a smartass button too... We can make it your avatar pic...

#113 9 years ago

I lost almost 400,000 karma points

#114 9 years ago

Ok, a small update:

- Made all menu items in one row again
    - Fixed some market place bugs and cosmetic glitches
    - Added a "save as default" button to save marketplace filter settings (and view type) as default.
    - Fixed problem where ratings were no longer counting for your karma
    + Extra karma points are now awarded for adding comments to your ratings. Points based on length of review but with a limit to prevent abuse. As with all things ratings, this only works if your ratings are public.

#115 9 years ago

Hmm, suddenly I can't upvote anything (tried to upvote your post Robin). Safari 7.0.4 and I tried reloading the page too. I'll check it in another thread. If I click the badge next to the voting to get the slide out panel it says loading ... for a moment then collapses again.

Edit: Oh, and a small bug - when you edit a post the buttons says "Preview edit" and "Edit topic". Instead of topic it should say post.

#116 9 years ago

Pinside mail appears to have just stopped working. Can't reply to a message or send a new one.

#117 9 years ago

Mail system is down.

#118 9 years ago

Y

Quoted from DirtFlipper:Pinside mail appears to have just stopped working. Can't reply to a message or send a new one.

Was just going to post this. I got a PM and tried to replay to it but it won't take it. I then tried to create a new PM and when you hit send it doesn't do anything.

#119 9 years ago

My brother just got logged out on his iPad and now it will not let him log in. He can't post in here to let you know he can't post lol. It lets him enter his user name and password but doesn't do anything afterward.

#120 9 years ago

I presently cannot log in with my PC.

#121 9 years ago

There are some server issues, working on it!

#122 9 years ago

Can there be an option to put the Market back to the list? Hard to get through the way it is now.

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

There are some server issues, working on it!

I couldn't give thumbs up, so I tried logging out, and it wouldn't let me log back in. It appears to be fixed now.

#124 9 years ago

Server problem should be fixed now, friggin' source control was testing me.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Can there be an option to put the Market back to the list? Hard to get through the way it is now.

Okay, how about this simple walkthrough:

market-place-back-to-how-it-used-to-be.jpgmarket-place-back-to-how-it-used-to-be.jpg

#125 9 years ago

Perfect… thanks Robin.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

market-place-back-to-how-it-used... 155 KB

cool features.

thanks

#128 9 years ago

Just a thought Robin, but the Marketplace waterfall would be a lot easier to process if it was a grid. Maybe you can crop the images and standardize the text box size with a ... cutoff for long text so that each one is the same.

Edit: Though really with the new options you've put in I don't think it matters, there's a way to make everyone happy already there.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just a thought Robin, but the Marketplace waterfall would be a lot easier to process if it was a grid. Maybe you can crop the images and standardize the text box size with a ... cutoff for long text so that each one is the same.

Do you mean like viewtype 2, pictured above?

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Do you mean like viewtype 2, pictured above?

Yeah, I say skip it, 2 is perfect if you want density but laid out in a grid. Now that you can 'lock' in your settings I can't see any problems.

#131 9 years ago

How come some of the ads have a pic of the backglass, and others are blank?
    Market.PNGMarket.PNG

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, I say skip it, 2 is perfect if you want density but laid out in a grid. Now that you can 'lock' in your settings I can't see any problems.

Maybe make 2 the default? Although I still think the "4" view is the best.

Quoted from gweempose:

How come some of the ads have a pic of the backglass, and others are blank?

Hmm, could it be an ad blocker plugin doing this? I'm seeing those images just fine.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hmm, could it be an ad blocker plugin doing this?

Yep. That's exactly what it was. I turned it off for all of the pinside.com domain, and I'm good to go now.

#134 9 years ago

Verified the marketplace game name suggestions are now working correctly. Thanks for the quick fix.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

market-place-back-to-how-it-used... 155 KB

Maybe some sort of text to explain that the 1-2-3-4 boxes are for view settings would help. As it is it's not obvious (at least to me) that these change the view and are not page numbers, which are at the bottom. Maybe even could move this to the left side bar with the other options/filters.

As others have said this is the best forum design I've seen. I wish you could franchise it to other sites and make some money from your efforts. Speaking of money, I'm going to get my donation to Pinside going. I keep thinking I need to do that I haven't done it yet.

#136 9 years ago

Update to Karma, neato, do negative thumbs mean more now? teekee - quickly, post so we can see

#137 9 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but after I completed by Paypal Donation I clicked on the "return to Pinside" button and it links to this page https://pinside.com/pinball/donate/thanks. But the page is blank. Tried refreshing the page and still blank. But, I now have a little red heart, and less guilt for not contributing.

Post edited by danisme: typo

#138 9 years ago

I just noticed what appears to be another bug. When using the search site feature using the "search posts" option instead of "search topics" the results all indicate they were posted 44 years ago.

Bug in Search Posts - 44 years.jpgBug in Search Posts - 44 years.jpg

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

the results all indicate they were posted 44 years ago

Pinside: The Pre-Internet Years.

Ryan

#140 9 years ago

I noticed another odd thing. When Robin posted his Pinside t-shirt announcement thread the time indicator on the main page said the post was created 2 hours ago, yet when you open the post it says that it was first posted a few minutes prior.

date and time stamp 1.jpgdate and time stamp 1.jpg

date and time stamp 2.jpgdate and time stamp 2.jpg

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Basically everything I write is purely sarcastic or smartass.

Where would pinside be WITHOUT smartasses? (I wonder what the emoticon would look like )

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Where would pinside be WITHOUT smartasses? (I wonder what the emoticon would look like )

image.jpgimage.jpg

#143 9 years ago

I like being a smartass...better than me being a dumbass

faz

#144 9 years ago

Tried to find a specific pinsider and all I got was no results found. So I searched for a member that I know and again I got no results found.

#145 9 years ago

Is the forum software something that could be used for other non-pinball specific topics?

I've been using forums ever since I got on the internet 15+ years ago and this is the *best* forum software I've ever used.

It seems like it's something you could sell, host or otherwise distribute to other interested users.

#146 9 years ago

Picture loading does not appear to presently be working in Internet Explorer with the new Pinside version.
    I was able to get it to work with Safari.

In IE, when I click to attach a file, the area goes blank where I usually can select a file.

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

I noticed another odd thing. When Robin posted his Pinside t-shirt announcement thread the time indicator on the main page said the post was created 2 hours ago, yet when you open the post it says that it was first posted a few minutes prior.

Thanks for noticing this one, fixed it.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Tried to find a specific pinsider and all I got was no results found. So I searched for a member that I know and again I got no results found.

Thanks, found a bug and fixed it.

Quoted from guyincognito:

Is the forum software something that could be used for other non-pinball specific topics?

I've been using forums ever since I got on the internet 15+ years ago and this is the *best* forum software I've ever used.

It seems like it's something you could sell, host or otherwise distribute to other interested users.

Thanks!
    I'm open for offers

Quoted from DCFAN:

Picture loading does not appear to presently be working in Internet Explorer with the new Pinside version.
    I was able to get it to work with Safari.

In IE, when I click to attach a file, the area goes blank where I usually can select a file.

Which version of IE are you using?

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but after I completed by Paypal Donation I clicked on the "return to Pinside" button and it links to this page https://pinside.com/pinball/donate/thanks. But the page is blank. Tried refreshing the page and still blank. But, I now have a little red heart, and less guilt for not contributing.

You're right, that's a bug! Will work on it.

Quoted from danisme:

Maybe some sort of text to explain that the 1-2-3-4 boxes are for view settings would help. As it is it's not obvious (at least to me) that these change the view and are not page numbers, which are at the bottom. Maybe even could move this to the left side bar with the other options/filters.

Yeah, I could move the view box to the left. Might be more obvious than the way it is now. Good call.

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Which version of IE are you using?

IE11

#150 9 years ago

Pictures also don't show in Opera 12.17 (except for avatars)

Quoting doesn't work either. Just shows empty reply-box.

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sepember-18-update/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.