Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buzz.png
    ie.jpg
    pinsideimage.JPG
    291787.png
    smartass.png
    pinside1970.PNG
    patat-met.jpg
    wrong rating #.png
    image.jpg
    date and time stamp 2.jpg
    date and time stamp 1.jpg
    Bug in Search Posts - 44 years.jpg
    Market.PNG
    market-place-back-to-how-it-used-to-be.jpg
    Karma.png
    Capture1.PNG

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 9 years ago

The thumbs up/down interface now appropriately opens and closes on Firefox 31.0. At least as of yesterday, you would click thumbs up, it would stay open, and you couldn't click it away without navigating off the page. Now it opens, then immediately closes. Awesome.

#52 9 years ago

I will provide feedback that I am NOT a fan of the new market place style. I really like the old style with ONLY pinside ads up top and easy to have sorted from most recent to least automatically.

I tend to check on a weekly basis and it mad it easy to scroll down till I got to an ad I rembered from before.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The "start new topic" page is completely re-designed, it should streamline topic creation but also help in avoiding duplicate topics when breaking news occur (remember those 6 topics when sad new reached us about Robin Williams?). You will now be shown recent topics that match your topic title, so you will spot it if a similar topic was already started.

Best new feature by far! If only it was implemented before TWD announcement.

Great job Robin as always and thanks for your continuing efforts in the world of pinball!

#54 9 years ago

This is a great site, better than the car forums I spend the other half of my life on.

I like all the changes I have seen except for the Marketplace.

The view is fine, but I only want to see adds from Pinsiders, not random eBay ads that I already get from other feeds and eBay itself.

Can we add a filter or remove these?

#55 9 years ago

Awesome Robin.... Great work.
    I really like the badge.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will provide feedback that I am NOT a fan of the new market place style. I really like the old style with ONLY pinside ads up top and easy to have sorted from most recent to least automatically.
    I tend to check on a weekly basis and it mad it easy to scroll down till I got to an ad I rembered from before.

You can easily disable Ebay ads using the filtering options on the left. The only current known problem is that these choices do not stick. So the week after you would have to uncheck it again. This is on the to-do.

I was going to add Craigslist classifieds as a source too, but they don't have an API, I think.

The default sort ordering should be 'date placed', not distance. You're right that's a bug and I will fix it.

#57 9 years ago

Oh, thanks I missed that.

I was distracted by the Bikini clad hottie in the Black Pyramid eBay add.

Is there a filter to keep just that one?

#59 9 years ago

For the market >> thanks. I figured out the filtering. I meant the sticking that was the bug. Thanks for putting it on the list.

Noticed when placing a new topic/thread that even though I just placed it, it defaults to "2 hours ago"
    Not sure if that is intentional or not? Maybe just a limitation. Either way, wanted to bring it to your attention.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I was going to add Craigslist classifieds as a source too, but they don't have an API, I think.

Pretty sure that's correct, because technically, they don't want people that are non-local buying from local areas. Good luck with that!

#61 9 years ago

I'm really liking the the new market place format!

#62 9 years ago

Thanks Robin!!!! Enjoy the site immensely and appreciate all your work and dedication to our hobby. May have missed it.....whats the "flaming" bit going on in the forum next to certain posts (including this one)? Sorry for my ignorance.....mark

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Riles:

Any way to view the Marketplace Ads in the old format?
    Waterfall style is making my eyes swim.

x2

Not easy on the eyes, I like the short line description where if you want to see large pictures you can click.

Thanks for your efforts Robin, much appreciated.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

whats the "flaming" bit going on in the forum next to certain posts (including this one)?

That icon means it is a hot topic, a topic that has had many posts in short time.

Here's how it currently works: Every 5 minutes, we look at the amount of posts made to each active topic within a certain time interval (currently this interval is the last 12 hours). We divide this number by the total number of posts made in the time interval. If the resulting percentage is higher than a certain value (currently 2%) it marks the topic as "hot".

So let's say there were a thousand posts made in the past 12 hours and this topic had 60 posts made in it within those 12 hours. This makes it 60/1000 = 6% = hot!

I hope that makes sense! The values mentioned above are subject to change if I feel there are too many or too few hot topics.

Quoted from pinmister:

Not easy on the eyes, I like the short line description where if you want to see large pictures you can click.

You can use this icon (at the top of the ads list) to re-format the list:

Screenshot 2014-09-18 13.49.41.pngScreenshot 2014-09-18 13.49.41.png

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Is there a way to save settings so you don't have to go through filter process each time?

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

That icon means it is a hot topic, a topic that has had many posts in short time.
    Here's how it currently works: Every 5 minutes, we look at the amount of posts made to each active topic within a certain time interval (currently this interval is the last 12 hours). We divide this number by the total number of posts made in the time interval. If the resulting percentage is higher than a certain value (currently 2%) it marks the topic as "hot".
    So let's say there were a thousand posts made in the past 12 hours and this topic had 60 posts made in it within those 12 hours. This makes it 60/1000 = 6% = hot!
    I hope that makes sense! The values mentioned above are subject to change if I feel there are too many or too few hot topics.

Screenshot 2014-09-18 13.49.41.p... 3 KB

Very cool!!!! Thanks Robin!!!!....mark

#67 9 years ago

Great job Robin, thank you for putting so much effort and time into making this site so rewarding for all, we appreciate everything you do!!

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from Riles:

Any way to view the Marketplace Ads in the old format?
    Waterfall style is making my eyes swim.

yes . find old format easier to follow , new format my eyes hurt

#69 9 years ago

How do you make the best even better??? Just ask Robin!

You're a GENIUS! As always, thanks for all the hard work Robin.

Is this guy sexing up that pinball machine!? Looks like Flanker with his Tron. Just making ya laugh Flankster!

#70 9 years ago

Thank you, Robin!

#71 9 years ago

I still say this web site is the most beautiful to the eye than any other site out there!
    Thanks for your hard work!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

#72 9 years ago

I really like what I've seen so far!

#73 9 years ago

I really like the Top 100 page. Nice and big, easy to read while scrolling! NICE!!!

#74 9 years ago

Nice improvements but I like the old Market Place better. I could scan through what's for sale alot faster.

#76 9 years ago

The majority looks great, but I'm not a fan of the double row of left aligned tabs. Visually speaking, I prefer either a single row or centered.

Oh... LOVE the post preview!

#77 9 years ago

Thanks for all you do for the community and pinball Robin! The site continues to improve, and grow as does our hobby!

Favorite new feature: Pinside Badge for events.

Hopefully we can meet at Expo this year!

Tony

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice improvements but I like the old Market Place better. I could scan through what's for sale alot faster.

The old one is not coming back (for various reasons), but you can always make suggestions what you are missing or what should be changed and maybe it will be implemented in this new version!

I noticed some of the Ebay labels being to large, will see if I can fix this asap.

#79 9 years ago

Thanks Robin !

#80 9 years ago

Not loving the new Marketplace. Everything else is great.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

+1 here, not sure how to improve it yet, but this new market place appears jumbled and difficult to smoothly browse with the adds jumping up and down around the page .

Other stuff looks great, thanks Robin !!!

#82 9 years ago

Hate the new market place layout, too busy, and takes too long to go through it.

#83 9 years ago

did you change some viewing package or something........the top of the forum page is jumbled and the login prompt is gone?

#84 9 years ago

bug.
    marketplace.
    game specifics.

I entered 1980-1985 (of course) for years, and I get games coming back from any year.

=(

I can't wait to use this feature !!!

-mof

#85 9 years ago

Nice update Robin...

...I'll give it a spin on my iPad tonight. I hope to see "quoting" subsets of posts on my iPad, just like on a PC.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#86 9 years ago

Thanks for running a great site Robin, and for always working to improve it.

Am I allowed to have a critical opinion? I liked the main menu better before!

EDIT:

I see the Marketplace bug too, selecting 1990-1995 didn't apply the correct filter to the results.

It looks really slick though, and I'm excited to be able to browse through the new market!!

#87 9 years ago

I can finally browse the site at work. For some reason at work the site would load so slow it wasn't worth using there. Now its lightning fast.

Nice work!

#88 9 years ago

Fix the top links so big and on 2 lines now

#89 9 years ago

Can the market have the ability to toggle between list and gallery? the list was an easier read.

#90 9 years ago

Seems I have lost 2,000,000 karma points in the process. What did I do wrong ?

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

What did I do wrong ?

Whatever it was, I did it too! Though I think I only lost like 70,000, so you did it worse than I did.

#92 9 years ago

Thanks for the amazing site, and the community! My monthly contribution is well placed, thank you.

I highly encourage users to start a small monthly contribution (even just a few dollars). Sustainable funding is the lifeblood of great site like this.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Seems I have lost 2,000,000 karma points in the process. What did I do wrong ?

Think I list 600K. Oh well.

#94 9 years ago

Hmph. Suprised blondetall hasn't take all the credit for this..........

#95 9 years ago

Before I add my input/constructive criticism, I agree with others.... Pinside is one of, if not THE best, forums I visit.

MARKET feedback
    not digging the "spotted on ebay" listing mixed into the marketplace. Is there an option to have them omitted if one doesn't want them cluttering up ads from pin side members?

The waterfall style is kind of choppy when all of the sizes of ad boxes are different sizes. Hard to systematically look through them in a logical order.

TABS across top
    please return them in one line straight across. (archive, top 100, market, etc)

Post edited by Blitzburgh99: add suggestion

#96 9 years ago

I do like the ability to delete your Activity, using the Batch Edit feature.

#97 9 years ago

Here is a bug I have found, after making a post, if I am still looking at the thread without re-loading the page, then it will not allow me to thumb up a post until I get out of the page.
    I also noticed that it does not do this everytime. I am using IE 11.

#98 9 years ago

Thanks for the positive feedback but also thanks for constructive criticism. I appreciate both!

It seems most critique is about the top menu and about the market place. The menu is something I have been struggling with for a long time. I wanted it to display bigger on my iPad (nowadays a huge percentage of Pinside's visitors) but I also need space to extend for future menu items. And also allow for things like polaroid images to "stick out" and not go over the menu. So what I ended up with seemed the best option, considering these factors. I will dive back in at a later date to see if I can improve it, make it work better in some other way.

As for the market, I personally really like the new Marketplace view but also realise that not everyone would like the waterfall. That's why I also included the option to have single rows, or double boxes (option 1 and 2 in the 4-views selector). That said, I did notice some display bugs in those 2 views which I will look into asap.

I can understand the requests to "remember" your market search filtering options (e.g. turn off Ebay or change default sort order) and will work on an option to store these in a cookie or in your profile.

People who lost a lot of Karma, please PM me and I will investigate what happened. There could be some gains/losses but it should run into the millions.

All in all I think the update went pretty smooth, at least the site is still running

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

People who lost a lot of Karma, please PM me and I will investigate what happened. There could be some gains/losses but it should run into the millions.

Now that you mentioned it I lost :
    index-708.jpegindex-708.jpeg

One Billion Karma points

#100 9 years ago

I likes. If you're ever looking for more emoticons to add, may I suggest something like
    7.gif7.gif? Thanks.

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sepember-18-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.