3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 343 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3577_(resized).JPG
    IMG_12521.jpg
    IMG_12511.jpg
    20151121_143138.jpg
    BK-NIB-batteries-voltage.jpg
    BK-NIB-MP__no_corrosion.jpg
    MI0001411280.jpg
    2015-01-29-HumblePie.jpg
    BeNice.jpeg
    nfs.jpg
    PAYDAYBITCHES.jpg
    LadiesMan.jpg
    VidWins.jpg
    eneloop-battery-unrolled.jpg
    download_1.jpg
    cat_waiting.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Battery leak Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #7 Energizer warranty Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #77 Initial response from energizer Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #90 Leaking batteries in package Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #91 leaking batteries in package Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #233 Energizer is sending a check Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #242 Suggestions on how to communicate Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #248 Additional details on resolution with energizer Posted by vid1900 (3 years ago)

Post #290 Links to warranties for Duracel, Rayovac, and Fuji batteries Posted by KenLayton (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 3 years ago

Energizer says it will repair or replace any product damaged by it's leaking batteries.

Let's see what they do with a $350 sys11C board upon return.....

===============

Energizer will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by leakage from Energizer® AA/AAA Alkaline batteries. If exact replacement is not available, devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value at the time of claim. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided to Energizer as proof of claim. Energizer reserves the right to deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device.

================

Click if you dare:

IMG_0041.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Might have to show proof.. I'd leave in the batteries that leaked.

#3 3 years ago

Batteries are bagged up separately, after pics taken of the fuzzy mess.

#4 3 years ago

Great idea! It would be pretty amazing if they actually do pay to fix it. Either way...should be a fun conversation

#5 3 years ago

A guess, would be a returned board with a "Coupon" for free batteries, and a nice letter explaining their policy.

#6 3 years ago

That makes me wonder what the most expensive items are that can hold a few energizer batteries...

I'm guessing when they came up with that challenge they were hoping you were asking to replace an $8.99 flashlight from K-Mart.

-mof

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

A guess, would be a returned board with a "Coupon" for free batteries, and a nice letter explaining their policy.

""Energizer will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by leakage from Energizer® AA/AAA Alkaline batteries. If exact replacement is not available, devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value at the time of claim. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided to Energizer as proof of claim. Energizer reserves the right to deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device.""

#8 3 years ago

Still 3 years left on the expiration date, lol.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

That makes me wonder what the most expensive items are that can hold a few energizer batteries...
    I'm guessing when they came up with that challenge they were hoping you were asking to replace an $8.99 flashlight from K-Mart.
    -mof

Probably one of those $2,000 blue laser pointers that can start fires?

#10 3 years ago

I'm really interested to see what they will do. I wonder if anyone has sent them any pinball boards before.

#11 3 years ago

I'm curious too. They will probably deny your claim for some small reason.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value

This is what they will do. Probably just send you a toaster of the same value.

#13 3 years ago

On the canadian site it says max replacement value of $250 but on the American site I can't find a max replacement value.

#14 3 years ago

Energizer No Leaks. Guaranteed.

Energizer will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by leakage from Energizer® MAX® AA/AAA Alkaline batteries (with “Energizer® No Leaks. Guaranteed. Or we will replace your device.” on the package). If exact replacement is not available, devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value at the time of claim. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided to Energizer as proof of claim. Energizer reserves the right to deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device. If you have a leaking battery, contact 1-800-383-7323 for return instructions.

The whole (with “Energizer® No Leaks. Guaranteed. Or we will replace your device.” on the package) seems kind of weird to me. Sounds like this only pertains to Energizer Max and a few other select batteries.

#15 3 years ago

And out of all the brands I think energizer are the worst. Remember those ones with the test pressure strip on the side. Had one of those start to leak in a pin within a year. I notice that design did not stick around. Had several kids toys with batteries left inside only ones that really leaked, energizers.

They will be contacting you to discuss value of board to cut you a check and get your weirdo ass out of their hair. Or maybe they will just sent you a new Stern machine.

I will not be holding my breath for any real positive outcome however.

#16 3 years ago

Maybe they will research pinball repair online and after 10 seconds or so, find Pinside. After reading a few threads, they will attempt to contact that knowledgeable vid1900 guy to see if he could repair it.

#17 3 years ago

Subbed for interest.

#18 3 years ago

Good luck with that.

#20 3 years ago

Haha. Glad you're doing this. I noticed this guarantee a while back and wondered this very thing.

#21 3 years ago

Really interested in how this plays out. They can't get a new Sys11 board from Williams, but did you make them asware of alternatives (like a NIB WOZ or GOT? )

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Energizer reserves the right to deny claims of damage caused by misuse

Everyone knows you're supposed to remotely install the batteries, or better yet, install an NVRAM.

#23 3 years ago

Vid is the perfect guy to head this up ... Lawyer, Professor and Technical ... Coming Soon Vids Guide To Suing Energizer .

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

And out of all the brands I think energizer are the worst.

That's interesting. Here in Nebraska, Duracells are the worst.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Batteries are bagged up separately, after pics taken of the fuzzy mess.

what are your expectations?

#26 3 years ago

Getting my popcorn ready for their response!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

That's been my experience as well.

#28 3 years ago

I agree about Duracells sucking.

This is amazing, and I can't wait to see how it plays out. There's no way we don't all end up disappointed.

#29 3 years ago

I wonder what the day to day is like for the Energizer employee handling these claims. Does he just send out 90s TV remotes and old toys all day?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Seems like they start leaking even before they go dead. I quit buying them years ago.

#31 3 years ago

wait until they tell you it's not covered and can't be replaced and they lost the board and can't find it to send it back to you.

#32 3 years ago

"Temperature and/or humidity were outside warranty levels. Claim denied. Have a nice day."

#34 3 years ago

energizer-bunny-energizer-bunny-demotivational-poster-1260150404.jpg

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Still 3 years left on the expiration date, lol.

Their claim will be that is the "good until dated" only if not installed, but that on the fine print of page 263 of their battery user agreement it states.... bla bla bla

I eagerly await their response.

#36 3 years ago

You're delusional if you think Energizer is going to refund anything close to 350 for a thirty year old circuit board. Also, if you send them this board, you will never see it again so if it's repairable it would be better to keep it.

No sense in starting a fight you can't win. The smart thing to do is stop buying their product.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

You're delusional if you think Energizer is going to refund anything close to 350 for a thirty year old circuit board. Also, if you send them this board, you will never see it again so if it's repairable it would be better to keep it.
    No sense in starting a fight you can't win. The smart thing to do is stop buying their product.

The thing is that they have a no-leak guarantee. The point of this thread is to actually test whether or not they will stand by that with a circuit board like this.

#38 3 years ago

You'll probably have to send them the rest of the pinball machine so that they can confirm that the board no longer works.

#39 3 years ago

I agree that you would need to send the entire pinball machine, as the devise that was damaged was a pinball machine, and the board is only part of the devise so they will not repair it...

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I agree that you would need to send the entire pinball machine, as the devise that was damaged was a pinball machine, and the board is only part of the devise so they will not repair it...

Maybe they'll just send you a new Stern Pinball machine... Get Ready for your new Mustang!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

It's more fun to send Energizer a wasted circuit board and see what happens than to have a wasted circuit board. I can't imagine Vid is going full Soccer Mom "I demand a refund and free stuff!!" on the battery companies after years of dealing with acid damage.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Maybe they'll just send you a new Stern Pinball machine... Get Ready for your new Mustang!

Or "The Pin".....

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The thing is that they have a no-leak guarantee. The point of this thread is to actually test whether or not they will stand by that with a circuit board like this.

Yes, they have a no-leak guarantee but as defined by THEIR lawyers. It's a naive and futile pursuit IMO. Just sayin.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

Yes, they have a no-leak guarantee but as defined by THEIR lawyers. It's a naive and futile pursuit IMO. Just sayin.

So is arguing agin' it!

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

I think you're still missing the point of the thread here...

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's more fun to send Energizer a wasted circuit board and see what happens than to have a wasted circuit board. I can't imagine Vid is going full Soccer Mom "I demand a refund and free stuff!!" on the battery companies after years of dealing with acid damage.

I see your point but really all he's going to end up with is an insult( via a cheesy coupon or endless runaround). If that sounds like fun then go for it. The only solution to bad product is holding onto our money.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

I see your point but really all he's going to end up with is an insult( via a cheesy coupon or endless runaround). If that sounds like fun then go for it. The only solution to bad product is holding onto our money.

Regardless of how they respond, he'll end up with tons of Pinside Karma. Maybe he can spend it on a discounted Pinside LE membership.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

Don't know until you try it

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

Then we will know for sure how Energizer will handle the issue, rather than guessing wildly.

#50 3 years ago

Yeah I am not so sure this even belongs on the front page shouldn't it be in the basement?? Or is it because it is a Pinball board and not an arcade board. ???? All the video games got thrown down there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MONSTERFISH MODS
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside