Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by metahugh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-04-07_13-13-37 (resized).png
    2019-04-07_13-29-13 (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

I have a buyer in Australia that is interested in a playfield I have for sale. UPS, DHL, and Fedex are all yielding $800+ shipping quotes. USPS says the package is too large. I have been pricing the cheapest options I can find.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a playfield to the buyer more economically? Here are the two potential boxes I am working with:

CPR Box
    17 lbs
    Dimensions - 22x47x3 (in inches)

Planetary Pinball Box
    15 lbs
    Dimensions - 26x51x4 (in inches)

#2 5 years ago

Open a shipping account with fed-ex. I did the same thing a few years back and it cost about $125 to ship (if i remember correctly)

#3 5 years ago

Get him to find someone shipping a pinball back to Aussie. Send it to the USA pin seller. Get him to put it between the headbox and glass.

Bammmm free shipping.

rd

#4 5 years ago

Try looking into fedex freight economy.

#5 5 years ago

I sold a playfield to someone there and i believe it was closer to $250 for shipping.

#6 5 years ago

I paid $400 and that was years ago. Fedex

#7 5 years ago

If CPR can ship them for $249 ex Canada, then you know you can get that price from someone ex the USA.

But my free option is still better.

rd

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If CPR can ship them for $249 ex Canada, then you know you can get that price from someone ex the USA.
    But my free option is still better.
    rd

That's exactly what I was thinking! They ship via UPS. Here is what I get via UPS using a CPR box:

2019-04-07_13-29-13 (resized).png2019-04-07_13-29-13 (resized).png

Unfortunately to Raleigh UPS doesn't offer UPS Standard, only Worldwide Saver and Expedited. I can't choose freight because freight is used for shipments weighing more than 150lbs. UPS standard is the service CPR uses but it just isn't an option.

Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Open a shipping account with fed-ex. I did the same thing a few years back and it cost about $125 to ship (if i remember correctly)

I have an account open with FedEx and the rate is definitely better at $436 USD but still not cheap enough.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Try looking into fedex freight economy.

I am not seeing an option for freight with FedEx. Here is what FedEx shows:

2019-04-07_13-13-37 (resized).png2019-04-07_13-13-37 (resized).png

Could it just be the area of Australia that is causing this to be more expensive?

I appreciate all of the assistance!!

#9 5 years ago

It's possible the location is causing extra expenses. Try changing the delivery address to Sydney 2000 and see how much difference it makes to the quote.

1 week later
    #10 5 years ago

DEFINATLY FEDEX . I GOT IT IN 4-5 DAYS , $250 USD , SORRY METAHUGH WENT WITH CPR FIELD , AND YES IT IS PERFECT

#11 5 years ago

Any chance you could ask AMD to slip it in with upcoming Black Knight pins??

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from trumpy:

DEFINATLY FEDEX . I GOT IT IN 4-5 DAYS , $250 USD , SORRY METAHUGH WENT WITH CPR FIELD , AND YES IT IS PERFECT

No problem! I’m glad to hear you got a field! Sorry I couldn’t find a cheaper option.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sending-a-playfield-to-australia-from-the-usa?hl=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.