• Latest reply 4 years ago by Blake
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87675B0B-C793-45BB-B353-FD0D5C55F59B (resized).jpeg
48B9EBE2-A162-4F4A-94B0-C28C3C15216D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Working on a Genco Argentine (1941) and was curious what a proper wiring circuit should look like for sending 110 VAC to the coin door. I have rewired the primary side of the transformer from the line cord to the transformer in the following manner:

-Hot from line cord > Distribution block > SPST switch > Fuse > 115 of transformer primary
-Neutral from line cord > Distribution block > Common side of transformer primary
-Ground from line cord > Distribution block > Transformer base > Relay bank base > Rest of metal parts that may get touched with power on

All wiring is now completely isolated from 110 VAC (other then the incoming power cord) when the new switch is powered off. I would like to keep it this way. I would also like to maintain the originality of the game and not bypass the tilt mech or lock/hold relay. This game was also originally manufactured with a timer that would cut power to the primary after a mechanical clock ran out and closed a switch. I plan on reinstalling this timer into the circuit in series on the hot side below the fuse. Does this sound like the proper placement in the circuit?

I realize there are many ways in which these circuits can and were wired based on manufacturer and year. I am interested in knowing proper ways that are both safe and efficiant. Diagrams, descriptions and or pictures are welcomed.

This is a working game.

Thanks
Blake

#2 4 years ago

Pic of coin door and harness from playfield. You can see the input side of the terminal block going to the wire harness are blank.

Thanks
Blake

48B9EBE2-A162-4F4A-94B0-C28C3C15216D (resized).jpeg48B9EBE2-A162-4F4A-94B0-C28C3C15216D (resized).jpeg87675B0B-C793-45BB-B353-FD0D5C55F59B (resized).jpeg87675B0B-C793-45BB-B353-FD0D5C55F59B (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

So I wired it up in the following manner:

-After the switch and fuse on the primary : hot to one side of the coin door jones plug.

-other side of Coin door jones plug comes out of terminal block into timer which is activated when the coin mech is pushed in.

- other side of timer is connected back into hot return leading to input of transformer (115)

Good news is I got it to work. Bad news is I had to manually close both the coin door coil and the lock/hold coil on the playfield.

After doing that the game cycles properly, awards replays properly, scores, tilts, and still will end if timer ends or I power down with switch. And nothing is getting hot.

I really don’t like leaving it like this though as I know I am missing something. And if I do end up leaving those switches closed then I will probably end up disconnecting power to the lock/hold relay on the playfield. I can’t do the same for the coin door coil as it allows replays in the coin mech.

Any ideas? I’ve done a bunch of wiring tracing but maybe it’s time for some more.

Thanks
Blake

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sending-110-vac-to-coin-door?tu=Blake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.