Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pink-pack.jpg
Back-of-packaging.jpg
WHITEball.jpg
BLUEball.jpg
ORANGEball.jpg
PINKball.jpg
GREENball.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I know a LOT of people complained as well myself about the (4) pack balls from modmypin.com. I think the colors are great and really work well in some pins. For example I picked up a (4) pack of PINK for Baby Pac-Man. However, I would like a Blue in the Captive Ball and Pink for main. But that means, I have 3 extra pink and 3 extra blue at over $100 for just (2) Balls. Or (1) Orange for Bad Cats and so on. Issue is, we may only need one or may need (5). So, I hope this thread will help people either trade or sell the unneeded or needed balls.

http://modmypin.com/
Shop.ModMyPin.com

Back-of-packaging.jpgpink-pack.jpg

#2 5 years ago

I would like to Trade (1) Pink for (1) Blue or Buy (1) Blue Ball.

#3 5 years ago

Never heard of these. They look cool, but ouch..little pricey. Do they hold up?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Never heard of these. They look cool, but ouch..little pricey. Do they hold up?

They have been out for awhile. Bunch of threads to read about durability etc. They are the same balls that are in Viper but they have a harder material. Issue is the stupid packaging.

#5 5 years ago

Nobody got any balls?

#6 5 years ago

^^^^
That's great

#7 5 years ago

Price and packaging is certainly a ball buster! The fact you have to buy them in a package of 4 of one color keeps me from purchasing them! Not sure how well they're selling but one would think that sooner or later they will change their packaging or at least allow you to pick 4 different colors!

#8 5 years ago

if it was sold indivisually, he'd sell a lot more. i want one hot pink for my playboy, don't need four.
too bad.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

...they will change their packaging or at least allow you to pick 4 different colors!

i'd buy one in a zip lock, don't care about the packaging.

#10 5 years ago

I have 1 pink for sale. The other one a friend of mine may be buying. $13 + shipping.

Quoted from beatmaster:

i'd buy one in a zip lock, don't care about the packaging.

People have suggested that. But he claims issues with warning and disclaimers. You can put all that information on a card and shrink rap it. I don't understand the guys logic. He is losing money on a cool product.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I have 1 pink for sale. The other one a friend of mine may be buying. $13 shipped.

pm sent... loll sorry didn't saw the price.... send it my way!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

pm sent... loll sorry didn't saw the price.... send it my way!

Oh you are Canada... I will have to calculate the shipping sorry.. I meant US

EDIT: Shipping sorted out and sold... I am still looking for (1) blue ball. Trade for Pink Or buy.

#13 5 years ago

I picked up a set when placing a bigger order for other stuff, so the shipping wasn't as bad. I installed 3 into Elvira and with-in a few games they were marked up. With-in 50 games, they were really marked up. I removed them and tried to clean them with-out much success. I think im going to put back in my Silver Jets at this point, they looked great for a few days but not so much anymore. Plus, they bounce like ping pong balls all over the place. As a captive ball, I would use them again but as game balls, I'll never buy any more.

#14 5 years ago

I would like to Trade (1) Pink for (1) Blue or Buy (1) Blue Ball.

PM sent.

Pin - Kim

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#15 5 years ago

I'd like to buy one red and one blue. PM me.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I picked up a set when placing a bigger order for other stuff, so the shipping wasn't as bad. I installed 3 into Elvira and with-in a few games they were marked up. With-in 50 games, they were really marked up. I removed them and tried to clean them with-out much success. I think im going to put back in my Silver Jets at this point, they looked great for a few days but not so much anymore. Plus, they bounce like ping pong balls all over the place. As a captive ball, I would use them again but as game balls, I'll never buy any more.

Spencer,

Try Novus #2 with ME, if that doesn't work step it up to Novus #3 w/ME & I think you'll be much happier.

These & the original VND Balls are notorious for picking up ANY dirt or any other crap from your PF, Ramps or metal Habit-Trails.

Another suggestion I'll make is to switch to White Rubber Rings or go to Urethane RR's, as Black RR's really leave a residue on the GLO-Balls.

Always make sure your PF is absolutely SPOTLESS (including cleaning all your Rubber Rings) before you install your GLO-Balls.

Not for every Game but I love the extra speed and randomness they bring.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd like to buy one red and one blue. PM me.

MP,

Red is not a color they make yet.

Trying to get MOD MY PIN to run RED with his next batch for TWD ;-})

Fingers crossed XX

#18 5 years ago

I just ordered a set of 4 orange ones for the lower playfield of my AC/DC premium and of course will only be able to use one so the other three will be for sale if anyone is interested

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

MP,
Red is not a color they make yet.
Trying to get MOD MY PIN to run RED with his next batch for TWD ;-})
Fingers crossed XX

Oh thanks, I want red for the captive ball in Mustang and blue for Avatar LE. They should stay nice and clean as captive balls.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I just ordered a set of 4 orange ones for the lower playfield of my AC/DC premium and of course will only be able to use one so the other three will be for sale if anyone is interested

I'll take one orange one. Are you going to the Orlando show in Nov? I'll be with Art from Comet. Do you know Art?

#21 5 years ago

Green would also work in my Avatar LE. Anybody gots one to sell?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I will take (1) Orange if you got one left. PM me please if so.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll take one orange one. Are you going to the Orlando show in Nov? I'll be with Art from Comet. Do you know Art?

I will take (1) Orange if you got one left. PM me please if so.

PM's Sent

#25 5 years ago

I have one green for sale, $15.00 with free shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks,

Chris

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I haven't gotten a PM.

Hey sorry .... sent you another first one didn't go thru

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I have one green for sale, $15.00 with free shipping to the lower 48.
Thanks,
Chris

If it's new I'll take it.

#28 5 years ago

I probably have 5 games on it, if that.

#30 5 years ago

No there aren't any marks on it.

#31 5 years ago

For anyone that doesn't know, this was made as a replacement product for the Viper: Night Drivin' Glo Balls. About three people in the world like that game, I'm one of them, and one of the biggest problems with it was the original Glo Balls. In short...

They got beat up, ops took them out (which totally changed the way the game played - it plays like crap with regular balls), and replacements were impossible to find. Oh, and they didn't really glow, they were just sort of neon yellow, which oddly didn't react much at all.

I was constantly cleaning my balls (yeah yeah, ha ha) in Viper - if I didn't every 30 or so games, they would pick up rubber bits and start bouncing around. This made the game nearly unplayable.

Needed new Glo Balls? They cost about $300. Per ball. Don't buy a VND without 'em or you're looking at nearly the cost of the game to get them.

I got one of the first sets of these and have reviewed them multiple times - Yes, they get little dents on them. Yes, they aren't as hard as steel. And yes, eventually they start picking up bits of rubber and you have to clean them. But, they are a nearly perfect replacement product for the VND Glo Balls, and nearly the exact same weight and size too. I have run four in VND since I got them last year, and hundreds of games later, I have cleaned them once and they look a billion times better than my old balls do. Oh, and they actually react to the light and glow (when they are near the lights) so that's a bonus too.

These definitely aren't for everyone, and they aren't for every game... but, they work really well if you look at them for what they are - an *undeniably* improved Glo Ball, that also comes in other colors. If you want to drop them into other games, a pack for $60 or whatever it is is way cheaper than $300 for a single ball like it was just about a year ago.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

No there aren't any marks on it.

OK I'll take it. PM your PayPal info. It's going in the captured ball in Avatar LE. Thanks.

#33 5 years ago

Green ball is sold, thanks Paul!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Green ball is sold, thanks Paul!

and thank you Chris for the quick ship.

4 weeks later
#35 5 years ago

ANYONE HAVE A PINK ONE FOR SALE ..LOOKING TO PUT ONE IN MY PLAYBOY

1 month later
#36 4 years ago

I still have 2 florescent orange ones for sale if anyone is interested, they are brand new & never been used , could make a nice small gift/Christmas present for someone $15.00 each includes freight within the continental U.S.A

#37 4 years ago

These are cool. One blue and one red for pinbot with someone with that theme with the lighting/displays would be awesome. Also liking the orange for Bad Cats. If I hadn't just bought a ton of new pinballs, I'd snag some.

#38 4 years ago

AMH needs these I think.

1 month later
#39 4 years ago

How many Balls does AMH use ?

I think the Pearlescent White would be the ones for AMH - they really pick up the surrounding lighting colors & AMH seems to have a lot of that.

#40 4 years ago

Surprising lack of balls jokes in this thread.

1 week later
#41 4 years ago

Nobody has enough balls to joke about it.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside