Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1486ED38-8071-4CA9-8876-AEBF442C5986 (resized).jpeg
    110636716_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200310-210901_eBay (resized).jpg
    20191006_124204 (resized).jpg
    pin4sale (resized).PNG
    0AD7E3DD-56CE-4A76-BA3C-445F4E2F4B65 (resized).png
    85097316_10219169862494955_8171055283548717056_n (resized).jpg
    selling (resized).jpg
    damn judge (resized).jpg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I hate the whole, just gauging interest thinking about selling my *****
    If it's a pin there's interest just put it out there!

Yeah, the reason they list it like that is they are hoping someone will scoop up the game from them before the list it on the marketplace. That way they can side-step paying the seller's fee, which is total bs. Just my .02.

#202 4 years ago

"750, but at this price I'm keeping the boards"

#203 4 years ago

"Needs shopped"

When did this become a thing? When did the words "to be" become such a chore to type?

It's "needs to be shopped" for cripes' sake.

Also, every single game I've ever checked out at an estate sale, the people running the sale always state that they were "just playing it last night" or the game was "just working yesterday". These are games with missing rubbers, stuck flippers, "adjust failure" messages, etc. that obviously haven't been working in years. Another one they often use is that they "have an interested buyer from upstate who is on his way here right now". What crapola. These estate sale people must have a script that they read from, it's the same stories every time.

#204 4 years ago

Him, first text: "I'll give you $2,200.00 for it". (This person was 9 miles away. I'm asking $2700.00. Who-Dunnit, nice condition).

Me: "Sounds good. I'll have it all wrapped up in the garage, just back up and we'll load it up."

Him: "Well, I have to play it first and see if everything works."

Me: "No you don't, you already agreed to buy it for $2200.00, just like a Buy-It-Now on ebay. You offered me $500 less than my asking price and couldn't be bothered to get off your couch and drive 9 miles. For that amount of effort, you take the game as-is. Load up and go."

So I guess my bitch is actually BUYING statements that annoy me. If you're gonna armchair shop, put your money where your ass is.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

"Needs shopped"
    When did this become a thing? When did the words "to be" become such a chore to type?
    It's "needs to be shopped" for cripes' sake.
    Also, every single game I've ever checked out at an estate sale, the people running the sale always state that they were "just playing it last night" or the game was "just working yesterday". These are games with missing rubbers, stuck flippers, "adjust failure" messages, etc. that obviously haven't been working in years. Another one they often use is that they "have an interested buyer from upstate who is on his way here right now". What crapola. These estate sale people must have a script that they read from, it's the same stories every time.

Oh, I would imagine it is text talking. Or internet talking. Or closed caption talking.

"going to" has been replaced by " I'm gonna go to the store."

Do you "wanna" play some pinball has been replaced do you want to play some pinball.

Don't forget that many people did not take typing in school so the easy way to get around that is to type shorter words and shorter sentences or, leave words out altogether.

Or, god forbid, the poor bastard is trying to set up an ad on his cell phone.

#206 4 years ago

"Playfield looks good for its age."

What exactly does this mean? Another utterly non-descriptive description, like "home use only". Either the playfield looks mint, looks like shit, or somewhere in-between. Just tell me what's worn, scratched, or broken, and keep your subjective description.

#207 4 years ago

"Somewhat rare" " package deal" 'Wont break up the sale of a package"
    sellers who pick up a game off C.L for say 1k that sat for over a year listed at 1200 and then try and Package it with another low price game and try to get a crazy Price for them annoys me / No way a Broken Bally Atlantis and a Nice Capcom Breakshot is worth 5k as a package. No way no how... Even if both were N.I.B I still think I would pass , Maybe not you (maybe your grail game)or some one with no Pinball buying experience .
    Plenty Of Bally Atlantis been sold here working and in 100 percent shape sold for less , same with breakshot

bally atlantis 1,501 produced
    Estimated value
    $1390 - $1610

breakshot 1,000 produced
    Estimated value
    $1570 - $1830
    The nerve of some people

to vent this Annoyance helped me get over it being I had once thought to but this particular Bally when it was at a realistic price ,,

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Perhaps it is true. I have sold games that I definitely did NOT want to sell.

I have also, even knowing getting another one would be impossible either due to rarity or rising prices.

#209 4 years ago

When a seller uses terms to describe the games condition as amazing, outstanding, immaculate, flawless, awesome, gorgeous or even use the term "mint." Then when you see the machine in person, it looks like complete s**t.

or

When someone advertises OBO, you give them an offer and they counter with, "they are easily worth $$$$ on ebay!"

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

"Playfield looks good for its age."

I’ll mirror that damn critique. You also see “looks good for its age” as to the cabinet and BG as well. Or “ looks good for 25 years old” and “Has typical wear that you would expect out of something 30 years old.”

I see a lot of people, even on here, put statements like that in their “for sale” ads. If I’m in the hobby, or looking for a specific game, I know how old the friggin thing is. You don’t have to point it out to me.

Especially not to justify a game in subpar condition that you’re trying to sell for a good or excellent condition price.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"going to" has been replaced by " I'm gonna go to the store."

That's nothing new. Even better, "I'mma" has replaced "I am going to" - now it's "I'mma go to the store."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_pronunciation

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That's nothing new. Even better, "I'mma" has replaced "I am going to" - now it's "I'mma go to the store."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_pronunciation

Now here's a Philly special. Jeet? = Did You Eat.

#213 4 years ago

“Mint Condition” with pictures from a google satellite distance or none whatsoever

#214 4 years ago

"Too many mods to list", "Don't have time to list all the mods", etc.

But can always add the costs up and add to the selling price! Ha...

#215 4 years ago

From an active ad...

"Since I bought it it's been in storage the entire time. I've put maybe a half-dozen plays on it.

This is a fun game and I'm sad to let it go without playing it more."

Really? Dude has owned it since 2012. Pretty sure you had your opportunities LOL!

SMH

#216 4 years ago

Listed at TWICE the typical selling price with OBO

Get called a stupid lowballer for offering typical selling price...

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

A lot of negatives can come from a heavy smoker. Mainly the machine can stink to high heaven, and nicotine stains are awful to try and clean.

I remember reading about a whirlwind that came from a heavy smoking environment and whenever the fan topper would come on it would blow a cigarette stench to the face.

1 week later
    #218 4 years ago

How about “BLOWOUT PRICING” ?

#219 4 years ago

Have just seen this ad for a Dirty Harry on ebay (UK)

Screenshot_20200310-210901_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-210901_eBay (resized).jpg
    #220 4 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Have just seen this ad for a Dirty Harry on ebay (UK)[quoted image]

Who still uses a left flipper anyway????

#221 4 years ago

"Virus Free!"

#222 4 years ago

I hate the pre-listing listing.
    "I will be listing........." then the exact wording of a listing that might appear in a few days.
    Either list your game for sale, or don't. We don't need a preview. Stop trying to dodge the fee for an ad.

2 weeks later
    #223 4 years ago

"These are collector's items!"
    "These go for top dollar when restored!"
    "These are selling for $XXXX on Ebay!"

How are any of these relevant to the description of an item, unless to jack up the price on something that's broken or in lousy condition.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Now here's a Philly special. Jeet? = Did You Eat.

I hate the"i'll prolly sell it" . Prolly?

1 month later
    #225 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

"These are selling for $XXXX on Ebay!"

Yep. And even worse in my book. "These are going for xxx on Ebay"

Either way the seller is referring to Ebay asking prices 99.999% of the time, which are meaningless. Why so many use Ebay asking prices as an indication of value is beyond me. Idiocracy.

#226 3 years ago

Another one I see a lot. "Needs shopped". LOL

#227 3 years ago

New one popped up in an ebay listing.. rather rare.

Just what does that mean?

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

New popped up in an ebay listing.. rather rare.
    Just what does that mean?

I see the rather rare or rare used on eBay for arcades all the time. My fav is describing Area 51 or Cruis’n USA as rare!

I want to have some pinball service tech shirts printed up that read “It’s never just a fuse...”

#229 3 years ago

No tire kickers please!

1 month later
    #230 3 years ago

A pin on marketplace today read:

“A Fix It Guy’s Dream!”

#231 3 years ago

"Missing glass top, needs work"

110636716_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF (resized).jpeg110636716_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF (resized).jpeg
    #232 3 years ago

Brought this home last night.
    The wife has been wanting one of these since they first came out.
    Wound up trading straight across for 5 arcade games.
    The wife is stoked and so am I since I didn’t come out of pocket any cash and was able to free up some space.
    It’s only got about 500 play on it, so still looks pretty good and no play field chipping or pooling.
    Need to move some stuff around this weekend to find it a proper spot.

FYI, our two kids are named:
    Penelope Elaine (Penny Lane)
    And
    Harrison George

EDIT: Oops. For some reason posted this here. Meant to post in the what games you brought hone today thread.

1486ED38-8071-4CA9-8876-AEBF442C5986 (resized).jpeg1486ED38-8071-4CA9-8876-AEBF442C5986 (resized).jpeg

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The wife is stoked and so am I since I didn’t come out of pocket any cash and was able to free up some space.
    It’s only got about 500 play on it, so still looks pretty good and no play field chipping or pooling.
    And
    Harrison George
    EDIT: Oops. For some reason posted this here. Meant to post in the what games you brought hone today thread.
    [quoted image]

It’s a breath of fresh air to see a nice game in this thread for once! Enjoy it!

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

And
    Harrison George
    [quoted image]

I hate it when people post pictures in the wrong thread

Congratulations on your purchase.

3 months later
    #235 3 years ago

I'm not a fan when sellers use their for sale ad to grand stand about what they have or suggest a potential buyer should try to impress them.

Here's an example quote used right in a topic title!

For Trade: Show me what you got!

#236 3 years ago

Send them a dic pic....

#237 3 years ago

This a Business, I don't negotiate price.

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-statements-that-annoy-me/page/5?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.