Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1486ED38-8071-4CA9-8876-AEBF442C5986 (resized).jpeg
    110636716_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200310-210901_eBay (resized).jpg
    20191006_124204 (resized).jpg
    pin4sale (resized).PNG
    0AD7E3DD-56CE-4A76-BA3C-445F4E2F4B65 (resized).png
    85097316_10219169862494955_8171055283548717056_n (resized).jpg
    selling (resized).jpg
    damn judge (resized).jpg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

"Minty fresh" and "LOADED!" the two I hate the most.

I like to see "minty fresh" in an ad. It is a great tipoff that the seller is a bullshitter and you probably should not believe a lot of what they say as they are busy price pumping their pin or what else they are trying to unload.

#152 4 years ago

" I have seen them selling on Ebay for $X"

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would wager you have never seen an ad that says "replaced with custom apron cards or custom apron cards included" as that would be redundant and illogical. One or the other, sure.
    "replaced with custom apron cards" or "custom apron cards included"

are u fuckin serious? that's what i meant but i guess ur the only one that didn't get it.
    u must been very popular in high school
    i nominate u for the commissioner of grammar police.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Asking to provide a reason to sell is what doesn't make sense in the first place ! Who cares why you sell it, what matters is what you sell and how much you sell it for.

I disagree - sometimes people sell a game they bought as a project and it needs work etc. You may also be able to gauge urgency if you plan on trying to get a better deal.

#155 4 years ago

I like the straight up approach if a buyer asks after he hands over the cash "Is it a great game?"

"No, it sucks and has terrible artwork and I'm glad it's going away. Hope you enjoy it"

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I like the straight up approach if a buyer asks after he hands over the cash "Is it a great game?"
    "No, it sucks and has terrible artwork and I'm glad it's going away. Hope you enjoy it"

Me too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-stranger-things-pro-5400-obo

It's the same one I use as well. You think I held my tongue when selling GB the worst fucking thing I've ever owned (including STDs)?

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I hear ya there. Didn’t you know that custom apron cards add at least $50 in value. Lol.

Does it... Cos my elvira with a black eye must add at least 25 dollars in value then!!!!

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Probably just a fuse

I have asked sellers why don't you just replace the fuse then?

#159 4 years ago

“Believe I’m the second owner, home use “

WTF.......you think I’m a moron you tit!
    So you bought this not knowing the previous history and its potential home use and operated......yeah allllriggghttyyy then

#160 4 years ago

"Not working but lights up"
    "I am sure this would be an easy fix for someone who knows about these things"
    "Perfect for your Man Cave"
    "Fix it or keep it as a conversation piece. Really looks good in a Man Cave".
    " Only 1250 cash" (for a Darling, Honey, Jubilee, El Toro, etc that needs work.
    "Clean" (with a rats nest visible in the photo)

#161 4 years ago

This is a big one I see in UK funny enough:-
    “ I bought this 3 years ago for 7k off Joe Bloggs , selling for same amount. I’ve added some side blades at 100 quid”.
    Well whoopy fcuking doo.
    Thanks for your overwhelming generosity

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Sometimes questions are asked not for a specifically correct answer, but for the response to determine if you might be dealing with a bullshitter.
    You'd be surprised how much information you can get from some sellers just by asking questions you consider dumb.

I so agree with this. "Why you selling?" "Because I need some dental work". Then you see them bragging about their nib they just bought. Tells me the guys a bullshiter and most likely bullshitting about the condition of the machine.

#163 4 years ago

Over here, "Australian Delivered"
    Means jack in this day and age, can't stand it.

#164 4 years ago

Thought of another that bothers a lot of people including me.
    When someone from 2 or 3 states away list their game in your states for sale forum.
    This is usually the same guy that will spam every forum in 14 states.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Thought of another that bothers a lot of people including me.
    When someone from 2 or 3 states away list their game in your states for sale forum.
    This is usually the same guy that will spam every forum in 14 states.

When I was pin shopping on CL, I was doing the nationwide search. And I also drove the miles. So if some guy 5 states away wants to place something in my local CL, that makes it less work for me. I look at the ad, see something I might be interested in, then see the location and either make a deal or pass on by.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

are u fuckin serious? that's what i meant but i guess ur the only one that didn't get it.
    u must been very popular in high school
    i nominate u for the commissioner of grammar police.

A quotation includes everything within the quotation marks. Of course I got what you were saying. You were the one not getting something.

Nice barely literate response. "u must been" asleep in high school.

Your post was critical, expect some criticism back. Are you capable of posting without using F bombs?

#167 4 years ago

No need for grammar police here, let's go back to poo pooing sellers..

I don't like when people say "shopped". It's too subjective when shopped could mean that all they did is change 4 rubbers and wipe down the main playfield.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

No need for grammar police here, let's go back to poo pooing sellers..
    I don't like when people say "shopped". It's too subjective when shopped could mean that all they did is change 4 rubbers and wipe down the main playfield.

lol you think they wipe down the playfield. that is funny

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

"HUO since..." has been trending lately

"HUO since..." Is just another way of saying "not HUO".

#170 4 years ago

I’ve seen quite a few reasonably priced pins lately saying “Priced for a quick sale’”
    Then see the same listing with a changed asking price 3hrs later at a ridiculous price and then watch it sit for months.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from KJS:

Over here, "Australian Delivered" Means jack in this day and age, can't stand it.

What did “Australian Delivered” used to mean? Haven’t heard that one before.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

What did “Australian Delivered” used to mean? Haven’t heard that one before.

Just meant it came to Australia straight from the factory. I’ve never understood it either. They all came from the same place originally.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

”I don’t really know if I want to do this”, “this hurts me to do”, or “it pains me to do”, etc. why do people have to justify a sale?

Well I don't use these words exactly, and I'm never looking for a higher payday but I often say just to let the dickheaded low ballers know not to waste my time something along the lines of " I really don't want sell, I hope u don't buy it and I'm fine with keeping it" in other words "Go fuck urself"

#174 4 years ago

"For that price I will just destroy it."

#175 4 years ago

Not as bad as buying statements such as “Cash in hand” please stop! it’s insulting to a seller as if you are desperate and broke. I never return messages to these type of amateurs when I sell something.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Not as bad as buying statements such as “Cash in hand” please stop! it’s insulting to a seller as if they are desperate and broke. I never return messages to these type of amateurs when I sell something.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this one as I've used it. Not intending your interpretation though. For me it means, I have the cash ready, quick and easy sale. I don't have to quickly sell a game, use half Paypal, Venmo, whatever. Borrow a few bucks that will only take a day, trade you a garbage game that nobody wants to make up the difference, or any of the hundreds of excuses I've heard why they don't have all of the cash.

I agree with others, my most hated is probably home use only, since xx date.

#177 4 years ago

Only XX plays since 2008, complete with leaky batteries to validate the play count.

20191006_124204 (resized).jpg20191006_124204 (resized).jpg
    #178 4 years ago

Checking out pins for sale online and having to scroll through 90%+ repetitious adds that say:

...Please Contact,
    ...Please Contact,
    ...Please Contact,

All usually from the same NIB outlet and many ads repeated for the same game!

How about just 1 add! Lookin at you Kijiji advertisers!

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this one as I've used it. Not intending your interpretation though. For me it means, I have the cash ready, quick and easy sale. I don't have to quickly sell a game, use half Paypal, Venmo, whatever. Borrow a few bucks that will only take a day, trade you a garbage game that nobody wants to make up the difference, or any of the hundreds of excuses I've heard why they don't have all of the cash.
    I agree with others, my most hated is probably home use only, since xx date.

Sure, but "cash in hand" is almost always is predicated by a ridiculous low ball offer. "Cash in hand" "Cash on the glass"...they're all stupid. Why not say "Cash in wallet"? Do I have to put the cash on the GLASS? Can I put it on the table next to the glass? Or in your hand?

What else do you pay for something with? Cash plus carefully picked ears of corn?

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Checking out pins for sale online and having to scroll through 90%+ repetitious adds that say:
    ...Please Contact,
    ...Please Contact,
    ...Please Contact,
    All usually from the same NIB outlet and many ads repeated for the same game!
    How about just 1 add! Lookin at you Kijiji advertisers!

"Is this available?" cue crickets...

#181 4 years ago

Geez, about the only ad anyone could place so someone won't get their panties in a wad is:

XYZ pinball for sale.

$xxx.xx

Call xxx-xxxx

And then you will call and start asking questions like:

How long have you had it?

Will you finance?

What's wrong with it?

Does everything work?

Yada yada yada

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I put “no lowball offers or I’ll donkey punch your wife” in an ad on a 2nd amendment group and got suspended. They support the 2nd but not the first?

Best post of the week!

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Just meant it came to Australia straight from the factory. I’ve never understood it either. They all came from the same place originally.

Australian Delivered means 50hz 240v Australian Coin Door and UL CE approved for Australia. And normally the condition is better than a container pin from Europe.

A Stern 60hz wont work here at all with a Hz conversion Board, Ballasts changed, varistor and thermistor

#184 4 years ago

Never mind.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Australian Delivered means 50hz 240v Australian Coin Door and UL CE approved for Australia. And normally the condition is better than a container pin from Europe.
    A Stern 60hz wont work here at all with a Hz conversion Board, Ballasts changed, varistor and thermistor

What components need to be changed to convert a U.S./ Canadian pin to be Australian compliant?

What is this Hz conversion board?

What are the ballasts that need changed?

Varistor I understand.

Thermistor. I have a rudimentary understanding but that's all.

I have no need for such a swap. I'm just interested in knowing more.

Thanks.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

What components need to be changed to convert a U.S./ Canadian pin to be Australian compliant?
    What is this Hz conversion board?
    What are the ballasts that need changed?
    Varistor I understand.
    Thermistor. I have a rudimentary understanding but that's all.
    I have no need for such a swap. I'm just interested in knowing more.
    Thanks.

I totally agree! That was such an interesting answer!

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I totally agree! That was such an interesting answer!

Ballasts are what was used to run the backbox Fluro tubes in Sega Data East Stern games US games its 60hz and in Australia they need to be 50hz
    Running them on 50hz they get red hot and in some cases catch fire.

Varistor is a cheap surge protector if you plug it into 240v when its a 110v game even when you change the transformer pins to 240v it will still go Kapow

Stern had a software watchdog circuit to stop US games being exported to non US countries it detects 50hz and comes up with a message game not suitable for your country contact your distributor

a 50hz conversion board fits between a power diode and send a 60hz signal for 10 sec on powerup to trick this test

#188 4 years ago

HUO unverified & NOS

My Ford pinto is HUO and sitting is garage rusted, but I also don’t have any proof so it’s NOS

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Ballasts are what was used to run the backbox Fluro tubes in Sega Data East Stern games US games its 60hz and in Australia they need to be 50hz
    Running them on 50hz they get red hot and in some cases catch fire.
    Varistor is a cheap surge protector if you plug it into 240v when its a 110v game even when you change the transformer pins to 240v it will still go Kapow
    Stern had a software watchdog circuit to stop US games being exported to non US countries it detects 50hz and comes up with a message game not suitable for your country contact your distributor
    a 50hz conversion board fits between a power diode and send a 60hz signal for 10 sec on powerup to trick this test

THank you.

#190 4 years ago

"The pin is like new" (when used in a situation where the pin really is not in that condition)

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I hate "Minty mint". It just makes me want to slap the shit out of them.

I hate that one too.

I REALLY hate the word "freshly"... Holy Toledo...... as bad as the word "moist" in every day living.......

#192 4 years ago

I think it's stupid when Craigslist sellers update the ad to "SOLD" after the game sells, instead of just deleting it.

Nobody is browsing CL for sold games.

They are so proud of themselves they have to advertise their successful sale. Completely pointless.

Takes the exact same effort to just delete it.

#193 4 years ago

Pinball table for sale. Works great. New bats. New lights. New elastic bands. Just needs a fuse

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

UP FOR SALE IS MY SLIGHTLY USED LOADED MINTY MINT PINBALL ULTRA RARE PINBALL MACHINE ONLY 10000 OF THESE MADE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER IT IS VINTAGE/ANTIQUE RECENTLY SHOPPED WITH ALL NEW RUBBERS AND MOSTLY WORKS 100% MOSTLY I'M NOT SURE I REALLY WANT TO SELL IT SO I'M TESTING THE WATERS AND IF IT DOESN'T SELL I GUESS I WILL KEEP IT AND BURY IT WITH MY CORPSE WHEN I DIE SRS INQUIRIES ONLY NO TIRE KICKING WINDOW LICKERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE THE DUKE HIMSELF PLAYED THIS GAME AND LOVED IT YOU WILL TOO ALL IT NEEDS IS A LITTLE TLC AND IT PLAYS LIKE NEW MAY NEED LEGS BUT HAS BRAND NEW RUBBERS INSTALLED BY TECH WHO WENT THRU IT WITH FINE TOOTH COMB LOW PLAYS AND STILL HAS TILT BOB THESE ARE MISSING ON MOST GAMES WANT $7000 NO LOWBALLERS EASILY GOES FOR $7005 ON EBAY DON'T ASK FOR MORE PHOTOS I WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY AS IT IS PACKED IN A GARAGE ON A DEADEND FIVE HOURS AWAY LAST TIME I CHECKED ON IT THERE WAS A SQUIRREL IN THE CABINET BUT HE DOESNT EACH MUCH THIS PICTURE IS FROM WHEN I FIRST GOT IT I'VE SINCE SHOPPED AND CHANGED THE RUBBERS ONE FLIPPER DOESNT WORK ALL THE TIME PROBABLY JUST A FUSE AND BACKGLASS HAS A SMALL FLAKE MISSING CAN EASILY BE FIXED WITH SOME SPRAY PAINT HATE TO SELL THIS BUT HAVE A PENIS TRANSPLANT I NEED TO PAY FOR YOU WON'T FIND ANOTHER LIKE THIS ONE THIS MACHINE IS HIGHLY COLLECTABLE COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL BALLS
    [quoted image]

Wish I was closer. GLWTS.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

New elastic bands.

Nope, "New RUBBER BANDS!"

#196 4 years ago

I kno what this thing is worth

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Seatmandan:

. as bad as the word "moist" in every day living..

Um,...... what?
    How else am I supposed to describe brownies?

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I think it's stupid when Craigslist sellers update the ad to "SOLD" after the game sells, instead of just deleting it.
    Nobody is browsing CL for sold games.
    They are so proud of themselves they have to advertise their successful sale. Completely pointless.
    Takes the exact same effort to just delete it.

Well, you have to admit that is better than the idiots who don’t take the ad down.

And if it is marked SOLD you don’t have to wonder why your email was not replied to.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, you have to admit that is better than the idiots who don’t take the ad down.
    And if it is marked SOLD you don’t have to wonder why your email was not replied to.

I accept that those who didn't take it down are lazy.

But those who make the deliberate effort to log back in to edit the ad celebrating to the world it's sold rather than to just delete it is stupid.

I don't browse CL For Sale to see what is not for sale.

#200 4 years ago

Sells for double this price on ebay.

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-statements-that-annoy-me/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.