(Topic ID: 263780)

Selling on Ebay question

By goldenboy232

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cubesnake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Last I checked you'll be paying out closer to or above 15% of the ending price because of the shipping price that gets integrated into the final value. For pins or anything that costs $$$ to ship, I think that's VERY unfair. say, for argument's sake you sell a pin for 1000.00 and add 300.00 for shipping. The final value fee is on 1300.00 NOT 1000.00 like it should be. I won't even get into the return policy that ebay FORCES on the seller...be very, very careful with this. You may want to consider other methods other than ebay.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Boo hoo hoo. They have progressively raised their final value fees and provided a shittier product with less seller protection over the years.
I once had a pin listed for $6000. I get an email from someone local asking if they could come look at it and they supplied their phone number. I had it listed on clist and Mr pinball classifieds as well. The guy that emailed me never came to look at it. I ended up selling it through pinside or Mr pinball, I forgot which. I ended the item on ebay. They ding me with $600 final value fee and insisted I sold it off ebay. Fortunately someone on pinside posted the fine print of the user's agreement and I had to threaten arbitration and supply a ton of documentation showing the person that contacted me didn't buy it. I finally got a refund. It was a nightmare. Ebay is a monster corporation that doesn't give a shit about you. Funny to see so many people committed to them. I have over a quarter million dollars of sales on eBay. I sell trinkets periodically but cut back drastically.

Could not agree more with this^^ Ebay has ALREADY raised their fees to the point of absurdity...maybe it's because of abusers to the system, maybe not--I don't really care since I always adhered to the rules. The system they implemented is terrible. It is downright hostile, but it's a free market and one can choose NOT to use them. I am among that mindset after getting repeatedly screwed over by them and their fucked-up policies to actually PROTECT the scammers. If I advertise a pin an ebay and it sells elsewhere who the hell are they to impose a fee on me because they "suspect" i may have sold it to skirt fees. Do yourselves a favor and stop using ebay. You'll sleep better, trust me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cubesnake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-on-ebay-question?tu=cubesnake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.