(Topic ID: 263780)

Selling on Ebay question

By goldenboy232

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Kind of like how everyone sneaks candy into a movie theater

Guilty of that when I was a kid. There used to be a 3 screen movie theater in walking distance when I was a kid, and I cut the lining of a jacket to fit all kinds of colas and cracker jacks in.

In much later years I was asked if I was interested in buying that movie theater. I was told you do not make anything on the movies, you make your money off the concession stand. I said hell no!

Anyway I used to be big time into Ebay, but Amazon just became easier for me as a seller of music and movies and for a while books also.

For the last maybe 10 years actually my friend has been using my ebay account to sell his stuff, and sometimes list something for me as a favor back. I basically just walked away from my ebay account with over 25k positive feedbacks vs 5 negatives.

Ebay buyers are more pain in the butt buyers than Amazon buyers, but now Amazon fees are also through the roof, and to do anything new there I would have to jump through hoops.

I am done with ebay. If and when Amazon gets to be even more of a pain in the butt I will be done with them also.

I have a 20+ year history with ebay and Amazon. Some history with CL, but nothing as expensive as a pin.

I can 100% say, just because ebay has a larger audience, that site is the worst as far as possible headaches for a seller.

Instead of trying to get top dollar and possibly end up with tons of headaches and money lost, just use Pinside, and post the game for a decent deal.

The last game I sold on Pinside was a AC/DC prem VE. I was done with it and ready for something else. At 5500 it went fast locally.

A good price will sell fast locally, and for me anyway, not worth the headaches and fees to try to get top money for a pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-on-ebay-question?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.