(Topic ID: 241994)

Selling Newer Pinball Machines from Collectors to Operators

By HighProtein

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Being a collector operator for 7 1/2 years I've seen and learned a lot. I've bought, sold, traded, repaired and operated games. I've co-operated locations with bigger operators (mostly on accident), I've done tech work on some operators games and have helped to inspire bigger operators to buy new in box or lightly used newer games.

The point of this thread is to explain an opportunity. The point of this thread is to help collectors (of huo games) to conspire to sell their games as close to retail price to tradition operators. Yeah yeah there aren't many bigger operators that operate pinball or newer games but to me its an undertapped market.

Also, another idea is figuring out how to negotiate a collectors new machine towards operators older games. That is more difficult to figure out but possible I believe.

The bottom line is this...
    Newer games are typically more reliable, earn better and help in the long run to have.

#2 4 years ago

Yes, it's a great way to trade a newer lesser value Stern for something an op normally wouldn't sell. Just don't try and tell them the action figures you mounted on the playfield add value.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-newer-pinball-machines-from-collectors-to-operators and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.