Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by txstargazer3
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hot_Chick.jpg
133.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Haven't taken delivery yet. Tired of the missed dates, not getting an answer when it is going to ship, and finding about other people that have gotten their games before me that ordered AFTER I did.

Latest news is that THIS game will be built towards end of January but seeing how I was originally told October... Well I guess we'll know when it arrives.

Asking 9000 or best offer.

Thanks,

Eric A.
313-268-0541

#2 6 years ago

Good luck...can;t believe these things are still so late.

#3 6 years ago

Well a potential 2500$ profit should make you feel better

#4 6 years ago

Not really. Would have made a lot more with the investments I've made in the stock market over the past two years.

#5 6 years ago

Not to mention I didn't get in this for a profit. But when someone has my funds for almost 3 years and can't give me any sort of definitive answer as to delivery I'm going to try to recoup whatever losses I can and go get something else.

#7 6 years ago

Great sales pitch! Janurary delivery , Good luck.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Not really. Would have made a lot more with the investments I've made in the stock market over the past two years.

No chance of loosing that amount in the stock market over the past two years?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

But when someone has my funds for almost 3 years and can't give me any sort of definitive answer as to delivery I'm going to try to recoup whatever losses I can and go get something else.

Fair enough. You're hardly the only person to feel that way, it's too bad it's come to this. If you can get $9k from someone that's between you and them. I personally can't believe NIB pins have come to that price.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Unlikely.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

lol

#12 6 years ago

Likely if you invested in BlackBerry

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hahaha!

#14 6 years ago

What was the order date & invoice #?

#15 6 years ago

Not with the accountant I use.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I personally can't believe NIB pins have come to that [$9K] price.

I agree - crazy expensive. But, if one compares what WOZ is compared to what a Stern LE is, in terms of BOM, then $9K is reasonable in relation to $7.8K for the Stern offering. Both are too expensive, but the relative prices are
not out of line.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Not with the accountant I use.

if he's so good, why didn't he tell you not to invest in jersey jack pinball?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

What was the order date & invoice #?

Order date was June 28 2011. However I know people that ordered in the fall of 2011 n spring of 2012 that have already gotten their games.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Order date was June 28 2011. However I know people that ordered in the fall of 2011 n spring of 2012 that have already gotten their games.

I will trade you for my preorder spot plus $50...... My invoice date is 3/3/2012

#20 6 years ago

Well, bump for one hell of a guy. Anyone who knows Eric knows you won't find a more honest, nice guy (yeah, he paid me to say that.) Make him an offer he can't refuse. He likes blue women and alcohol based energy drinks.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Well, bump for one hell of a guy. Anyone who knows Eric knows you won't find a more honest, nice guy (yeah, he paid me to say that.) Make him an offer he can't refuse. He likes blue women and alcohol based energy drinks.

+1

Eric is a great guy, and a trusted seller. bumpity bump

#22 6 years ago

GLWS. If you find Eric a tall blonde with two big um assets he'll probably reduce the price a couple of hundred dollars.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

GLWS. If you find Eric a tall blonde with two big um assets he'll probably reduce the price a couple of hundred dollars.

Or, give you the game plus cash.

#24 6 years ago

Once someone buys this pin I'll post a video

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

You gotta be real close to getting it. Have you asked Jen lately when you'll get it?

Did the people you mentioned buy directly from JJP or through a distributor? The only reason I ask is that I didn't order until January, 2013... but bought it through a distributor who ordered in July, 2011.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Couple hundy?!?! Shooooot if she's really freaky ill give it to you for cost!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Some of us like blue energy drinks and alcohol-based women.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You gotta be real close to getting it. Have you asked Jen lately when you'll get it?
Did the people you mentioned buy directly from JJP or through a distributor? The only reason I ask is that I didn't order until January, 2013... but bought it through a distributor who ordered in July, 2011.

That's the problem. They are being vauge and will not promise anything. They saying things like "we're working on it" "should get to it by end of month" nothing concrete and when asked to address the out of order shipments they don't even acknowledge the question.

The people that got their games were from direct and also through my distributor.

#29 6 years ago

I wish I was closer.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

That's the problem. They are being vauge and will not promise anything. They saying things like "we're working on it" "should get to it by end of month" nothing concrete and when asked to address the out of order shipments they don't even acknowledge the question.

The best advice I can give is to just monitor the WOZ shipment thread as it has been probably the most accurate way to gauge their shipping rate based on the invoice numbers. You can fairly easily extrapolate out where you are in the queue and that will likely get you closer to the actual delivery date than anything that they will (or won't) tell you.

Tony

#31 6 years ago

I'm curious how much the invoice was for.

#32 6 years ago

I wish I had the blonde with the two big um assets

#33 6 years ago

I'm sorry in advance for the long rant, feel free to skip it unless you are bored.

Quoted from eavedesian:

I know people that ordered in the fall of 2011 n spring of 2012 that have already gotten their games.

Well it sure wasn't me - Still waiting for my LE as well, even though Jack told me himself I'd have it in December. Getting pretty dis-enchanted here as well but not quite ready to bail yet. Don't think I havn't thought about it. Heard of several instances of machines shipped out of order - not cool. When we pre-ordered it was under the impression that we would be the first ones to get them. So not the case. Anyone who just heard about the game can buy them on E-bay or from folks who have had them long enough to move on to the next new thing before we see ours.

The game itself looks great, not faulting Jack there, but the whole pre-order thing is something I seriously regret. Total fail. Never again. Wish I would have just waited to buy one when they were available, as I would have had it a long time ago.

I sent my money in, in good faith, as the game looked great and I was very happy to support a bold start up to help give us all an alternative to "The only makers of Pinball Machines in the world" We put our trust, faith and money in Jack and he and his crew built one hell of a machine, but the failure to deliver is really sucking. I'm sure he wants to get them out and done as much as we do, but I don't see the whole pre-order thing working out so good for him in the future. Anyone considering a JJP pre-order can google it and find multiple pissed people ranting. (yes, I know I'm ranting now, but I'm tired of the wait and hearing from my lady how I shouldn't have blown so much money on something I don't even have, and seeing a steady stream of used F/S adds for a machine we were supposed to get first)

I still want my game, and if the Hobbit is all that, I may get one (finances depending) but I will NEVER pre-order again. And if anyone wants to hate me for it, well, go for it. My flame suit is pretty strong.

Still looking forward to getting the call, but the magic is gone somewhere over the rainbow. Hoping when it gets here, it will be soo fricking awesome as to make the wait worth it, but honestly, I just want it over, the journey has not been rewarding.

GLWS

#34 6 years ago

What is their explanation for the delay? I don't get it.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

After over a year of excuses for missed ship dates does it matter? And would you believe it anyway?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

but I will NEVER pre-order again. And if anyone wants to hate me for it, well, go for it. My flame suit is pretty strong.

Why would anyone in their right mind flame you for that?
The whole pre-order thing has been a nightmare for WOZ buyers.

#37 6 years ago

Eric is the best... GLWS

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

After over a year of excuses for missed ship dates does it matter? And would you believe it anyway?

I don't know which is why I asked. I would assume there would be some reason and the OP or anyone for that matter could decide if it seemed like a legitimate one. I would assume there would be a follow up to being told that the game was delayed for another 5 months like "why the f is my game delayed another 6 months?"

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Why would anyone in their right mind flame you for that?

JJP fanboys take anything remotely negative personally, regardless of facts.

Quoted from RawleyD:

The whole pre-order thing has been a nightmare for WOZ buyers.

You wake up from a nightmare and realize it didn't really happen, can't say that much on this one.

#40 6 years ago

No chance of loosing

Seriously...what is the problem of spelling "LOSING?"

I've seen it so many times on here I had to say something.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

I'm going to try to recoup whatever losses I can and go get something else.

It sounds like there is a lot of pain here ... But you're SO close to the finish line and believe me then I say once you get the machine it will all be worth the wait. Again, I know it's not right that others might be getting theirs first but if you can hold I ... Do it. Just my 2 cents.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I agree - crazy expensive. But, if one compares what WOZ is compared to what a Stern LE is, in terms of BOM, then $9K is reasonable in relation to $7.8K for the Stern offering. Both are too expensive, but the relative prices are
not out of line.

Really? Look at a TSPP and compare it to WOZ. both have a ton of shit on them, yet simpsons could be made and sold for $3200 and still make a profit.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Seriously...what is the problem of spelling "LOSING?"
I've seen it so many times on here I had to say something.

Stern owner probably.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Jen said vendor problems but my complaint is shipping out of order and no firm date or at least a guarantee of by end of month.

I made a big mistake with this whole thing and did a preorder when I said I never would. I got in on this based on the team involved. They made an amazing game. I just have lost patience at this point.

Hey if anyone has a NIB regular in hand built after Nov. 15 contact me. Maybe we can work something out.

#45 6 years ago

the problem is, they started another project of making games before finishing all the preorders. Screwed everything up. Plus I think they dropped the list on the ground and it got kicked under someones desk.

#46 6 years ago

Its easy to say "it was worth the wait" after you finally get your game. But I was at the point Eric is right now about 1 week before I got notified it was shipping, and I know exactly how he feels. It was a ton of weight off my shoulders when I got the email. I love the game, but I think about feeling like he does now every time I walk past it. Eric is a great guy and deserves having his game for all he has done to help so many others in the hobby.
Good luck Eric. I hope you get the call before you get it sold cause I know darn well you really do want the game but just are fed up with this whole pre-order and JJP building standards mess.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Jen said vendor problems but my complaint is shipping out of order and no firm date or at least a guarantee of by end of month.
I made a big mistake with this whole thing and did a preorder when I said I never would. I got in on this based on the team involved. They made an amazing game. I just have lost patience at this point.
Hey if anyone has a NIB regular in hand built after Nov. 15 contact me. Maybe we can work something out.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this. I have one and it is a pretty decent table but I certainly feel for anyone still waiting for this game. Good luck with your sale.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from eavedesian:

Couple hundy?!?! Shooooot if she's really freaky ill give it to you for cost!

Have I ever introduced you to my little sister?

#49 6 years ago

Good to know tall blondes are still in demand.

I just almost ordered a WOZ as my first pin in June of 2012. At the time I was told it would be shipping starting Nov 2012 and that I was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. This was from Jen personally, after I talked with Jack personally too. I cant tell you how furious I would be if I was still waiting on that pin. Granted I am on the Predator preorder, but they only have $250 of mine and there will be 250 period. No extra super duper limited editions or reruns ever. I feel really sorry for all you WOZ waiters because it has to be a struggle between giving up and seeing it through after so much waiting. Good luck in your sale.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Its easy to say "it was worth the wait" after you finally get your game. But I was at the point Eric is right now about 1 week before I got notified it was shipping, and I know exactly how he feels. It was a ton of weight off my shoulders when I got the email. I love the game, but I think about feeling like he does now every time I walk past it. Eric is a great guy and deserves having his game for all he has done to help so many others in the hobby.
Good luck Eric. I hope you get the call before you get it sold cause I know darn well you really do want the game but just are fed up with this whole pre-order and JJP building standards mess.

You said it Glen! Eric is one of the best!

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside