IMG_5331 (resized).JPG
IMG_5329 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5314 (resized).JPG
IMG_5313 (resized).JPG
IMG_5307 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

I'm finally getting around to selling my Seawitch which has been sitting in my parents garage since the late ninties and my garage since three years ago when I bought a house, and my parents shortly thereafter backed up a U-Haul in the driveway with all my things from high school and some assorted furniture thrown in for good measure. Between pressure from my wife and the need to not have another project, I've decided it's time to say goodbye and reclaim some garage space. Obviously, this guy is a project and not in great shape
- flaking on the back glass
- ball marks on the playfield
- scratches on the cabinet side
- two cracked playfield plastics
- needs a new rectifier board
- flickering scoreboard
- some dead lights

Might the good pinheads around have some suggestions in how to get this guy on the market? I'd like to pass this girl on to someone who can give her the love she deserves. And I'd like money, obviously. I'm two hours from Albuquerque in rural NM so not sure how to reach buyers. Nor do I know how to price the thing, other than somewhere between $300 - $2600. Any suggestions? Cheers from NM.

IMG_5307 (resized).JPGIMG_5307 (resized).JPGIMG_5313 (resized).JPGIMG_5313 (resized).JPGIMG_5314 (resized).JPGIMG_5314 (resized).JPGIMG_5325 (resized).JPGIMG_5325 (resized).JPGIMG_5327 (resized).JPGIMG_5327 (resized).JPGIMG_5329 (resized).JPGIMG_5329 (resized).JPGIMG_5331 (resized).JPGIMG_5331 (resized).JPGIMG_5333 (resized).JPGIMG_5333 (resized).JPGIMG_5337 (resized).JPGIMG_5337 (resized).JPGIMG_5346 (resized).JPGIMG_5346 (resized).JPGIMG_5348 (resized).JPGIMG_5348 (resized).JPGIMG_5350 (resized).JPGIMG_5350 (resized).JPGIMG_5353 (resized).JPGIMG_5353 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

Need more pf pics but maybe ask $2,800ish? The cab and PF look pretty nice from the photos.

#3 3 years ago

Looks like a nice witch .
GLWS

#4 3 years ago

PM sent. Anyone know this seller?

#5 3 years ago

Where are you located?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Need more pf pics but maybe ask $2,800ish? The cab and PF look pretty nice from the photos.

For a project?

#7 3 years ago

I’d value it at between $2000 to $2500. Decent playfield, the glass is the worst of it cosmetically, not sure from your description how much mechanical stuff needs to be worked, but sounds like a lighter project. Someone will enjoy bringing her back to glory for sure.....and your location is probably the tough part, but if you’re willing to ship you’ll have plenty of interest.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

For a project?

It boots, and it's Seawitch. He hasn't described its behavior but for this board set it's usually just connectors and maybe a transistor or two if it actually boots up. *Mileage may vary.

#9 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the replies folks, that really helps. Machine (and myself) are in Northern NM. Doubt anyone knows me, I'm new to the forum.

Machine plays though it's a project and has some gremlins to get out. There's a sticky switch so sometimes scores will shoot up to infinity. Probably there are some bad power transistors on the lamp driver board. No battery damage to MPU though. I'll take some more pictures and move this over to a sale thread.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ranger-danger:

Hi,
Thanks for the replies folks, that really helps. Machine (and myself) are in Northern NM. Doubt anyone knows me, I'm new to the forum.
Machine plays though it's a project and has some gremlins to get out. There's a sticky switch so sometimes scores will shoot up to infinity. Probably there are some bad power transistors on the lamp driver board. No battery damage to MPU though. I'll take some more pictures and move this over to a sale thread.

Dang, I'm local enough but I don't think I can swing it right now on cash alone. If you're looking for a functional machine we could probably work out a trade.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

For a project?

Exactly my thoughts. $2800? Needs a new backglass $300, playfield nice but not excellent, repros are $700. I’ve seen fully working with 9/10 cabinet, playfield and backglass sell for $3000-3500. I’d say $1800-2000 for this one.

#12 3 years ago

Knocking $700 because it "needs a new playfield" is ridiculous. The biggest thing this guy has going against him is he's in new mexico.

#13 3 years ago

+ $100 for the sought after front cab T-nut mod.

OP, this is definitely not a project, most people will work out the gremlins, clean it up and play.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Knocking $700 because it "needs a new playfield" is ridiculous. The biggest thing this guy has going against him is he's in new mexico.

At some point actually playing these games became secondary to some.

That game in no way needs a new playfield.

#15 3 years ago

Hey, thanks for the advice folks. Hope everyone had a good memorial weekend. Finally got around to taking some more pictures & posting a classified for this guy:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96669

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-my-seawitch?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.