1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Low baller.jpg
    zombie - bad perm (resized).jpg
    MrPinball2017Cover_s.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I have no opinion on the prices that were offered up, other than to say that I think the suggested price for TSSP is too high-- I had the opportunity to buy a couple of decent ones in the low 4k's in the last few months.

would you say 4.5k would be closer to market value or do think thats still too high?

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damon:

would you say 4.5k would be closer to market value or do think thats still too high?

Condition, condition, condition. $4.5k might be appropriate-- maybe even low. No way to know for sure without pictures. It's not like TBL, where someone will pay big bucks just because they may never have a chance at another one.

#53 1 year ago

These numbers are ballpark at best, which is always a great place to start. Like with any product the market moves based on supply and demand. For the most part these numbers are high (5-30%) with a few exceptions like i.e. MMRLE....the market for this machine in the bay area is $9K assuming its HUO and in great shape. KISS LE value has dropped significantly since its release (sucks but thats reality), one can pick up a premium for a little more than $5K and the LE's don't demand much more. The bottom line is u have to do your analysis on a machine by machine basis, and then price and market as u see fit...the market segment is very small for these high priced machines thus making it more challenging to move product. Clearly if u want to maximize return on your very high investment then u need to sell these machines one by one...if thats too much for u to handle then I would work out some sort of bulk purchase from someone who is will to do the marketing and handle the transaction process, but plan on taking at least a 30% hit across the board. Just my 2 cents based on being in business the last 30 years....

#54 1 year ago

110K Cash offer. If interested please PM. Beautiful collection. I will take them all and arrange pick up at your convenience.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

110K Cash offer. If interested please PM. Beautiful collection. I will take them all and arrange pick up at your convenience.

Based on the numbers listed earlier in the thread, that is pretty close to the 30% discount for a bulk sale that everyone has mentioned. I hate selling, so if these were my games I would be considering that offer pretty hard right now.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

These numbers are ballpark at best, which is always a great place to start. Like with any product the market moves based on supply and demand. For the most part these numbers are high (5-30%) with a few exceptions like i.e. MMRLE....the market for this machine in the bay area is $9K assuming its HUO and in great shape. KISS LE value has dropped significantly since its release (sucks but thats reality), one can pick up a premium for a little more than $5K and the LE's don't demand much more. The bottom line is u have to do your analysis on a machine by machine basis, and then price and market as u see fit...the market segment is very small for these high priced machines thus making it more challenging to move product. Clearly if u want to maximize return on your very high investment then u need to sell these machines one by one...if thats too much for u to handle then I would work out some sort of bulk purchase from someone who is will to do the marketing and handle the transaction process, but plan on taking at least a 30% hit across the board. Just my 2 cents based on being in business the last 30 years....

Respect your time in the hobby and def appreciate the info, and again, just to be clear, i do have numbers in mind. Im asking pinside for numbers because i want to compare their numbers to mine. Im just asking for advice. There seems to be some variance in peoples numbers to some of mine, and i just want to make sure i price things correctly. Just trying to get feedback so i can make the most informed decision possible. Ive looked, am looking and will continue to look through the archives but i appreciate any extra feedback people give as well. The biggest question i have is what sort of discount is appropriate for this sort of sale and it seems like ive read everything from 5% to 30%, again just trying to aquire the most info possible to make the best decision possible.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

MMRLE....the market for this machine in the bay area is $9K assuming its HUO and in great shape.

This seems surprising since you can still get MMR NIB for $8k from CGC. Are people really paying $1k over retail for HUO?

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

110K Cash offer. If interested please PM.

It's interesting to see that someone even posted an offer in public. And people are saying pinside is crickets lol.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

MMRLE....the market for this machine in the bay area is $9K assuming its HUO and in great shape.

Where do you get your bay area market data? Is it from Craigslist asking prices?

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Bottom line when selling is you will get your best return selling each one at a time but this takes time, energy, etc. Selling in groups or "bulk deal" you will likely have to discount 20% (or so) but some people don't have the time or interest in selling one at a time.
    Doing legwork is really the only way to get a great idea of value but again that takes time. Suggestions here - price guides - Boston Pinball average - etc will all help but depending on what your are looking to do and how quick you want to sell these selling one at a time will surely result in your best return

i'm not sure you're the best person to be giving advice on selling a large quantity of pins

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

This seems surprising since you can still get MMR NIB for $8k from CGC. Are people really paying $1k over retail for HUO?

One is the standard machine the other is the LE, which are going for much more .... all have the color dmd, and most have small upgrades like cliffy's, etc...

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Where do you get your bay area market data? Is it from Craigslist asking prices?

Trust me I know the difference between asking prices and sales price. I looked at Craigslist, this platform, Ebay, and contacted at least 20 individuals and asked if they would see. If you do the market research you'll find thats the actual sales price for a HOU MMRLE with low plays, and color dmd is in the $9K range +/- a few hundred bucks depending on mods. The only mods I give any real value on this machine are the cliffy's, upgraded glass, and the color dmd....

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damon:

just trying to aquire the most info possible to make the best decision possible.

Damon, If you are looking for the best (financial) decision, then you should consider a mortgage in the short term.

In order to move these "quickly", you will have to discount your collection by $20,000 - $35,000. You need to include that in your cost of money.

If you are in a position to finance it for 6-12 months, you could take the time sell the machines at FMV and pay off the loan as you go.

With today's rates and the mortgage tax advantage, the costs to finance in this way would be significantly less than your sales discount.

Good Luck!

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

One is the standard machine the other is the LE, which are going for much more .... all have the color dmd, and most have small upgrades like cliffy's, etc...

I am surprised that they demand that much for an LE since there is no difference between the LE and standard except for color dmd pricing. It would be $8400 for nib standard with Color DMD. I wonder if there are more LEs or standards out there now?

I may want an MMR after AFMr, but I can't see paying a premium for the LE.

#65 1 year ago

Hmm...sell collection to get rid of neighbors...I love that idea! No one pm me though Just thinking on it.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I am surprised that they demand that much for an LE since there is no difference between the LE and standard except for color dmd pricing. It would be $8400 for nib standard with Color DMD. I wonder if there are more LEs or standards out there now?

I just did a search, and although I remembered them being the same when they came out, I was wrong. There is no option for Gold or Black trim on the standard, and the shaker is not included. So, for the color DMD, trim, and shaker, I would think we at pretty close to $1000 in upgrades. I may look for an HUO LE after all.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

yea I was a little surprised as well, but thats the market....I agree there is zero difference between the Standard, and LE except for the color upgrade...that being said most have upgraded glass ($300+cliffy's) so there u go....its anyone's guess what the LE is worth? In my book not a whole lot....but yes thats the market, and trust me I did a lot of research...I just bought mine mine a few days ago. I'm looking forward to getting my Attack from Mars LE in the next month or so. I went out on a limb and purchased one new because I actually see the additional value u get with the LE (trim colors, topper, saucer LED's, extended warranty)....just one man's opinion as u don't buy these machines to make money

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Damon, If you are looking for the best (financial) decision, then you should consider a mortgage in the short term.
    In order to move these "quickly", you will have to discount your collection by $20,000 - $35,000. You need to include that in your cost of money.
    If you are in a position to finance it for 6-12 months, you could take the time sell the machines at FMV and pay off the loan as you go.
    With today's rates and the mortgage tax advantage, the costs to finance in this way would be significantly less than your sales discount.
    Good Luck!

Ty for your feeback and advice Neighbor is easily 8-12 months from being ready to move so not in a big rush, just want to be ready if/when she does. Initially, the consensus seemed to be a bulk discount would cost around 10% to 15%, it seems like that is incorrect and it may be closer to 20-25%. It is very likely that i will not be able to stomache the discount needed to make a bulk sale happen and ill end up selling everything individually, albiet, at a much slower rate. Gonna have a long talk with my family before making a decision one way or another

#69 1 year ago

Just donate them to a charity of your choice.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Just donate them to a charity of your choice.

How will that help him get rid of his neighbor?

#71 1 year ago

I understand not wanting any neighbors, but it seems like buying their house to get rid of them is drastic. You'll end up maintaining two homes with the 2nd bringing in no rental income to offset ongoing costs like taxes, insurance, basic maintenance (yes there are some even if no one lives there), aging décor. It seems like you would be better off selling your own home and buying another with some land buffer between you and your neighbors. Then maybe you could keep a few of your games as well, unless you're just burned out of pinball.

Either way good luck with selling your games. You have an impressive collection.

#72 1 year ago

I can move into your neighborhood if you'd like. That usually cleans 'em out pretty fast.

Of course, property values drop like a rock, too, but you can't have everything.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I understand not wanting any neighbors, but it seems like buying their house to get rid of them is drastic. You'll end up maintaining two homes with the 2nd bringing in no rental income to offset ongoing costs like taxes, insurance, basic maintenance (yes there are some even if no one lives there), aging décor. It seems like you would be better off selling your own home and buying another with some land buffer between you and your neighbors. Then maybe you could keep a few of your games as well, unless you're just burned out of pinball.
    Either way good luck with selling your games. You have an impressive collection.

Imagine how much room he will have to rebuild his collection once he owns an empty house. One house dedicated to pinball. I like this idea.

#74 1 year ago

When I worked retail, we needed a 30% - 40% margin to cover costs. I'd think a dealer of used games could probably get 10% - 15% of that margin on retail market above FMV, but you'd still take a huge loss. Nothing against retailers, either: no matter the discount, that's a lot of capital to tie up, especially with moving expenses. It's not like a drop shipment from a manufacturer.

You're on the right track, discussing with family. I'd sell them off slowly, word of mouth, to your league friends. Maybe even invite the Capitol Corridor league over for a friendly. Sell local first to people you know (you will also still be able to play them), then here & CL for retail, then consider batching the rest when you do have real deadlines.

I dislike mortgages too, but it is satisfying to pay them down and, as noted above, the rates are way better than a bulk pinball discount.

Good Luck!

#75 1 year ago

gotta love first world problems!!

#76 1 year ago

$150,000 for everything.

#77 1 year ago

A weekly league night at your house? I wish I would've known that. I was just in Mount Hermon two weeks ago for the whole week. I could've easily slipped away for a night! Would've loved to play your TBL...

Good luck with the home purchase, too. Does she know you're interested and ready to buy her place? Is she willing to sell it to you? Keep on it and reminder her every so often that you've got money ready for her when she's ready to go. Remind her also of how much easier it is to just deal directly with the title companies and not have to pay out commissions.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

A weekly league night at your house? I wish I would've known that. I was just in Mount Hermon two weeks ago for the whole week. I could've easily slipped away for a night! Would've loved to play your TBL...
    Good luck with the home purchase, too. Does she know you're interested and ready to buy her place? Is she willing to sell it to you? Keep on it and reminder her every so often that you've got money ready for her when she's ready to go. Remind her also of how much easier it is to just deal directly with the title companies and not have to pay out commissions.

Dang, you wouldve totally been welcome, mount hermon is like less than 30 mins from my place. We were doing Pinball on Thursdays, but we switched to Sundays. Its not anything competitive, we just play to have a good time and help each other get better. Its a very casual affair. I find that since its not formed as a competition, people are more open to help each other and have a good time rather than focusing on winning. The neighbor and i have discussed me purchasing her home in the past and shes been very open to it. My parents are getting older and eventually id like them to move closer to me so i can keep an eye on them.

#79 1 year ago

You have a really nice collection and the mods on the majority of your machines make them over the top. I would not discount anything. You will be surprised how quickly these games will sell. If you list them for a couple hundred below market average with all of those mods they will sell like hotcakes. No dealers are going to give you nearly what they are worth, you have A titles, they will sell easily if priced right. Offer to ship using NAVL/STI and make it the buyer's responsibility to set up shipping. BTW I made a mistake on my estimate with BM66 LE. I did not see it was a SE, therefore I bump my estimate up to $11,000? from $9000.

#80 1 year ago

When you are ready to sell I would set a "real world price" on each machine then offer a discount if someone takes more than one machine. Maybe 5% of you buy two, 7.5% if you buy three and 10% if you buy 4 or more. Nothing crazy but enough to incentivize people to think about picking up more than one.

Selling more than 3 or 4 machines to one person will not only take the right buyer but it will also take a bigger discount to make a deal happen.

When you set your prices - start with a "fair number" then hold firm instead of marking machines up 20% to "discount" them. When people contact you explain price is FIRM and you don't need to sell them at "fire sale prices". You would be amazed at how many machines we have sold at full asking price just because people realize I set my prices "fair" to start with but prices are also FIRM. Some people hate the idea but most of my past customers love it because they know there will be no games played. Price is price - take it at that price or I'll keep it.

#81 1 year ago

Why not just pay one of your pinhead friends 3-7% of the sale of each pin and have them handle posting and shipping(you manage the wire transfers). Use market place archive here to give you a feel for value and recent sales. As long as each pin has 35-30 good pictures ,a good description and are on or just under the money they should sell right away.

I posted a Star Trek at $6200, lots of pics and good description and it was paid for and gone within 48 hours out of state. Could have sold it 3 times over Same kind of transaction with Iron Man. All on Pinside.

One at a time gets you the best money, you'll make a friend happy and you won't have spend your waking hours selling pins. Just a thought.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damon:

Dang, you wouldve totally been welcome, mount hermon is like less than 30 mins from my place....

Oh, I know how close it is. I usually golf at Boulder Creek GCC on the Thursday during the week I'm there. Oh well, next time I'm up that way for a bit, I'll let you know!

#83 1 year ago

No idea huh
    Prob at least a grand there give or take
    But either way I can fly there and ship home right now lmk

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damon:

Appreciate your insight and thank you for your advice.

Going to free up some money to buy my neighbors house...I dont like having neighbors, and i dont like having a mortgage. Houses in Northern Cali are pretty expensive

I have a league that comes over once a week and im actually pretty active within the northern cali pin community. I play often and actively try to get better, often playing with some of the best players in the world. I dont know if ive done something to offend you but when you judge people based on knowing absolutely nothing about them it makes you look bitter.

Damon I see you don't like having a mortgage but depending on how much we are talking about and I don't want to know by the way. If you do see you may need one try a 10-80-10. I have bought my house with one and just would need to check with your bank or lending place. Being in Indiana this is what I have here.

10% down of the sale price, Mortgage for 80% of the price and a Installment loan for the last 10%. My installment loan is for 10 years and always a $100.00 a month. If you have it pay more on principal to get this paid off early. This also keeps that pesky mortgage interest usually are $50.00 a month off your payment because you know have the 20% down. Just a little advice as most people do not know about 10-80-10's.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Cant give you exact #s as you did not specify if TWD was a perm or pro......

if TWD had a perm
    zombie - bad perm (resized).jpg

#86 1 year ago

that perm is a pro

#87 1 year ago

125-140k. Four of those TBL, BM66 LE MMR, and LOTR could probably fetch 37-40k for all four. Someone would get an instant collection at a fair deal. Then the remainder probably average out to 5500 a game. Someone may step up and pay 90-100k for the remainder.

#88 1 year ago

I'd even try pick any 6 of my games for $52k. Then put the other 20 up at 100k or best offer I'd guess someone would do 80k at a minimum. You could also sell the other 20 in lots. Maybe 28k pick next five. Then 26k pick next 5, then 25k, and then 22k or best offer on the last 5.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damon:

I just bought a minty HUO TSPP from the original owner for $5600 two months ago; that's a little on the higher end of scale,that was with no mods, and in absolutely 10/10 condition. So depending on condition; then 5300 is not that far off. I have been following market archives, and true HUO/Mint TSPP is a 5k+ game for sure; routed ones are in the 4's.

Good luck with the sale, hopefully you can sell them all in one shot, but don't do it if you are taking a huge loss; you've taken a lot of time to build the collection, make sure you get your $$ back in return.

As others have advised, I would highly recommend that you take the mods off and sell them separately when possible.

#90 1 year ago

I'll give you $100k for all except WWELE, you can keep that one.

#91 1 year ago

I love all of the ballers in this thread- I mean low ballers...

Low baller.jpg

#92 1 year ago

Really appreciate everyone thats taken time to share their experiences or advice. Got a pretty good idea of what everything is worth both individually and as a bulk deal. Going to spend some time to mull over what course of action makes the most sense for me and my family and go from there.

#93 1 year ago

What makes sense is if you keep em in the family.. I'm your long lost Canadian cousin you thought you never had! Just send em up here and ill put them to good use! Thanks couz!

#94 1 year ago

This thread is a dumpster fire. Pinside is not the place I would be asking about prices for machines. Just reach out to someonen in the league you mentioned who you trust that knows the condition of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 279.95
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.95
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside