Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Put my DH up on Mr. Pinball for $1600 last week with the full intention of selling. Started playing it a lot because I want to make sure it's 100% for the eventual buyer. Then something funny happened - I started REALLY enjoying the game again... to the point where I'm not even sure I want to sell. Problem is... I already have a half dozen potential buyers that I've sent pics to.

Hmm, I guess I have to go through with it now. Just don't want to regret it.

#2 7 years ago

Did you make a deal with any of them? Sending pics is not a "contract" or agreement to sell. If you are having doubts, don't do it. If someone comes back with an offer, just tell them it is no longer available. No harm, no foul.

#3 7 years ago

Dunno why. Certainly an offer doesn't constitute an obligation. In fact, as a course of practice in this hobby, a deal isn't done - and is only committed to - when cash is accepted (in full) for goods (even if another travels 4 hours to buy it per agreement )

Assuming no cash has been exchanged and you really want to keep it, I'd simply tell all the prospects that its no longer available and call it a day, guilt free.

And if you later find you tire of it, offer it again for twice what its worth and just let it ride. If someone does comes knocking, then you have to seriously consider giving it up or not.

#4 7 years ago

Dirty Harry is a very underrated game. I'd keep it. Wish I could find one on the west coast.

#6 7 years ago

Take care of all that guilt by trading it for another game.....How about my Shadow?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Hmm, I guess I have to go through with it now. Just don't want to regret it.

You guess you have to go through with it now?

Hell no you don't HAVE to. It's your's. It belongs to you, it's your property. Until a buyer is putting currency in your hand and loading the pin in their vehicle it's still YOURS.

If you don't want to sell it, don't.

Just because you've got some people interested in it doesn't mean you HAVE to sell it if you've rediscovered your passion for it, which it's apparent you have.

I respect your more for keeping a pin if you found out you really don't want to let it go.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Take care of all that guilt by trading it for another game.....How about my Shadow?

Hmm, maybe. I like Shadow. It's in good shape? You live nearby. I'd like to check it out.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback. I feel better about it now. I'll postpone the sale for awhile.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'll postpone the sale for awhile.

Glad to hear it. It's cool to see that you were up front and honest about selling your DH and the fact that you were having second thoughts about doing it. I don't see how anybody could be mad at you for that.

#11 7 years ago

A man is only as good as his word.

If you haven't lied or agreed to do something, you should have the moral high ground.

I think Pinside needs a "douchbag" list though. Hang all dirtbags high, and let them swing low.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks for all the feedback. I feel better about it now. I'll postpone the sale for awhile.

If you are a nice guy you would send an email to the potential buyers and let them know...As a buyer I always love it when the seller gets me "hooked" into a sale and then stops responding to my communications.

#13 7 years ago

Yeah, Just send out a note that the game is no longer available.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Yeah, Just send out a note that the game is no longer available.

And maybe add a "close friend" decided to purchase and thanx for the interest.

#15 7 years ago

From the thread title, I thought you were selling a moral conundrum in here. Like maybe that button that you can pushed that gives you $1,000,000 but kills a random person somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside