You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cb470d5f55232eba581384d588ff504a84ca5f46 (resized).jpg
IMG_9329 (resized).JPG
noragrets (resized).jpg
IMG_4993 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Toying with selling my HUO LOTRLE. I've had a lotr since I first started this hobby 4 years ago. Bought one and a tron the same week. What a way to start this hobby. I was hooked immediately. My lotr just doesn't get the play it used to but I still do enjoy it when I get on it and of course guests like it. Any of you out there ever get rid of one you weren't playing as much but still ended up regretting the decision? Would like to hear some stories either way. Thanks.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - I just saw another post by you regretting selling an RFM. You've got to move past that feeling and learn to let stuff go if you're not using it. Otherwise, you become a hoarder. Then you wind up on a TV show, or on the evening news when the fire department couldn't get to you because of all the pins in the way.

yeah, not much regret on RFM really. It was a perfect HUO though and that is the only reason I mentioned that. Great thing about pinball is that regret is quickly remedied with a new game! Just curious about LOTR as it is in great shape also and obviously a classic.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Had a LOTR since I bought it NIB 10 years ago - sold it last year and got a Hobbit. The Hobbit still has the LOTR theme & Keith ruleset, but better cabinet art, better playfield art, better/higher quality sounds/music and a LCD.
Both are great games, but I haven't missed LOTR at all.

This. When I want a longer game I've been going to my Hobbit for a while. My current collection of GBLE, Met Pro, AFM, SS as other pins gives me plenty of GREAT gameplay when I'm wanting a kick in the pants quick or moderate game. My desire for longer games Hobbit has simply been winning out.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've been mulling this thread over throughout the day, mostly because I think I really loved my LOTR, and this thread has made me rethink why I sold it...and why I haven't even thought about it until this thread surfaced.
So I think I figured it out:
I really regret selling my Super Chexx, which I bought NIB and loved to play. Problem was, nobody would play it with me. So I begrudgingly let it go and replaced it with an ACDC premium in the spot where it sat. That game's so good that I haven't thought of the Super Chexx again (until this thread).
So that's the key: Find a game that you love even better than LOTR and put it in the slot where LOTR was. You won't even notice it missing anymore.

I guess that is part of the issue. Not sure what I'd put there. Tempting to get a DI or Alien just because they're new but I promised myself I wouldn't buy a NIB again and would wait for a pin to be out a bit so bugs can be worked out. Actually haven't given this a huge amount of thought and didn't think this thread would generate this much interest but I guess it is something we all think through when selling a pin.

#56 7 years ago

Funny you say that. Toyed with GOT many times but in some ways I like the pro version better even though here have been some great deals on LEs. I only have maybe 10-15 games or less on each so been wishy-washy (if that isn't already obvious )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-lotr-regret?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.