Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191229_151004 (resized).jpg
    20191229_151016 (resized).jpg
    20191229_151027 (resized).jpg
    20191229_151047 (resized).jpg
    20191229_151105 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Big changes coming up in my life and I'm getting out of the pinball hobby for a couple years but ill be back. I dont want to sell my entire shop one piece at a time. Thats sounds like a lot of headache so I'm throwing this out as a feeler. I've been restoring pins as a hobby for about 10 years now and I have quite a collection of tools and parts. I have EVERYTHING you need to do restorations. Homemade powder coat over. Sandblasting cabinet upgraded with Takoma parts, big compressor, drill press, band saw, many many power tools and a ridiculous amount of hand tools, airbrush stuff, tools and supplies for board work, several tumblers. The list goes on and on. Ill start compiling a list and taking pics in the next day or 2. I also have a project addams family thats on the bench now. I've bought everything for it already. Cpr playfield, ramp, plastics, and much more. About $1300 in parts. I also have an f-14 I'm restoring. A project Funhouse I have not started that is complete but will need a PF and cabinet. A South Park I have not touched yet. A whirlwind that will need a playfield and cabinet. Toms of parts, used boards from WPC, sys 11 and data east games. Like I said, complete list and pics coming soon. Not even sure of a price yet but irs def upwards of $15k ish. Plus or minus a couple grand to be determined after an inventory. Im in stafford Va.
    Send me a message if your truly interested in buying the whole package. At this time im not interested in selling anything individually, not tools or games so please don't ask. If that time comes ill also post them here. Thanks for looking.

#2 3 years ago

This is only a part of what I have. Game pic coming tonight.

20191229_151004 (resized).jpg20191229_151004 (resized).jpg20191229_151016 (resized).jpg20191229_151016 (resized).jpg20191229_151027 (resized).jpg20191229_151027 (resized).jpg20191229_151047 (resized).jpg20191229_151047 (resized).jpg20191229_151105 (resized).jpg20191229_151105 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

Wish you the best but never understood this mentality. Anyone willing to drop 15k on project games will have most of the tools if not all already. You in essence are going to have to sell at a significant discount because you are basically subzidizing the work of parting it out to whoever buys it.

#4 3 years ago

Perhaps store the tooling for a couple years of possible and sell the project games if you're getting back in again.

#5 3 years ago

All those games plus your shop for $15k? seems cheap. Like suggested I would sell the games and keep the tools.

#6 3 years ago

It probably is cheap. Im unbelievably good at finding deals and everything in my shop I bought at a steal. Even the games. If I explained my past, present and future in detail yall would better understand the why but im not going to do that here. Pinball is but a fraction of my life and right now this is what is best for my life. No storage, no selling things off over months, just a great deal on a lump sum of money.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

All those games plus your shop for $15k? seems cheap. Like suggested I would sell the games and keep the tools.

The only way to do a complete sell off like this is to sell it at a very good price.
    A deal like this would be perfect for someone like myself. I have an extra 20 by 40 building at my rental property. Have the know how to finish the games and could use half the tools. But I don't have $15,000 laying around.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

The only way to do a complete sell off like this is to sell it at a very good price.
    A deal like this would be perfect for someone like myself. I have an extra 20 by 40 building at my rental property. Have the know how to finish the games and could use half the tools. But I don't have $15,000 laying around.

I would love to have it but bad timing. Maybe you can borrow the money, fix the games and sell them and then you have a full shop paid for.

#9 3 years ago

Don't listen to anyone telling you that you have to massively discount this. If you were within 200 miles of me I would be on my way to come see it in person.

There are others who will do the same.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Don't listen to anyone telling you that you have to massively discount this. If you were within 200 miles of me I would be on my way to come see it in person.
    There are others who will do the same.

Been discussing this with friends. Problem is it doesn't make sense unless discounted. Even if we split it among multiple people there are things no one will want or need. You are forced to buy stuff you will get rid of. There is stuff you will keep, but who knows if you will ever use. Then there are the games. TAF is worth a lot of money finished, but its in parts. WW needs a cab. Those aren't for the faint of heart. There is a boat load of work to finish them. Then there is the work to move this, even locally it is a good bit of work.

You need someone with deep pockets.
    Who has a boat load of space.
    Who restores pinball machines.
    Who doesn't have these titles.
    Who wants these titles.
    Who doesn't have any of the tools.
    Who wants these exact tools or willing to part it out.
    If they are parting out are willing to do it for nothing and risk losing money doing so?
    Are ok with getting stuck with what they cannot sell? (Seriously, I am sitting on stuff from bulk deals that is worth $$$$, but cannot give away)
    Who can transport all of it.
    Who agrees with your valuation.

You are only willing to go 200 miles? How many people live within 200 miles of op and fit the above criteria?

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Been discussing this with friends. Problem is it doesn't make sense unless discounted. Even if we split it among multiple people there are things no one will want or need. You are forced to buy stuff you will get rid of. There is stuff you will keep, but who knows if you will ever use. Then there are the games. TAF is worth a lot of money finished, but its in parts. WW needs a cab. Those aren't for the faint of heart. There is a boat load of work to finish them. Then there is the work to move this, even locally it is a good bit of work.
    Who wants these titles.
    If they are parting out are willing to do it for nothing and risk losing money doing so?
    Are ok with getting stuck with what they cannot sell? (Seriously, I am sitting on stuff from bulk deals that is worth $$$$, but cannot give away)
    You are only willing to go 200 miles? How many people live within 200 miles of op and fit the above criteria?

We get it.. you don't do bulk deals. The world isn't you... nor is this deal really so much about the pinballs.

The pins are the easiest part to sell on without even touching anything. A buyer for this is interested in the tools and resources.

#12 3 years ago

I for one would buy the deal had I not just spent $30k on the pinball basement LLC

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

We get it.. you don't do bulk deals. The world isn't you... nor is this deal really so much about the pinballs.
    The pins are the easiest part to sell on without even touching anything. A buyer for this is interested in the tools and resources.

I do actually do bulk deals, but it seems like a few people who have no interest in buying are telling the OP that some magical buyer is going to show up and pay going rate for everything while buying it in one go. The people on this site are so full of crap its astounding.

#14 3 years ago

So let me get this right, other than the complete shop machinery and tools you get the following pins that are in different stages of restoration process and/or in need of repairs.
    The Addams Family
    F14 Tom Cat
    Funhouse
    South Park
    Whirlwind
    and a mountain of pinball parts if I am reading your original posting correct and you are asking around 15k for all of this? Correct?

#15 3 years ago

I would absolutely buy this if it were in AK. This will sell no problem I suspect. No discounts needed.

#16 3 years ago

Yes, this is a very specific sale for a very specific person. I don’t think the OP should discount even one penny. I think people demanding a discount are the people trying to lowball and take advantage of someone to get the stuff for dirt cheap. There’s plenty there for the price. It just takes the right buyer.

#17 3 years ago

PM sent. Suck it, naysayers...

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

PM sent. Suck it, naysayers...

#SellItToTheBoob

#19 3 years ago

#buyitboob!

#20 3 years ago

It’s a win-win if someone strikes a deal.

#21 3 years ago

I actually hope he doesn't strike a deal with anyone. I think he's making a mistake, but of course I don't have all the facts. I feel like he's setting himself up for big time seller's remorse down the road.

#22 3 years ago

this is worth every bit of $15k. If I was in my home already i would be driving to pick this up.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually hope he doesn't strike a deal with anyone. I think he's making a mistake, but of course I don't have all the facts. I feel like he's setting himself up for big time seller's remorse down the road.

You make a good point. Not to get into anybody’s business, but you never know what’s going on in someone’s life. It could be a medical issue, unexpected short notice bills, college expenses or any number of things that’s really none of our business.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

agree 100%. he should sleep on it for about a month.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I do actually do bulk deals, but it seems like a few people who have no interest in buying are telling the OP that some magical buyer is going to show up and pay going rate for everything while buying it in one go. The people on this site are so full of crap its astounding.

It never hurts to ask, and all it takes is one buyer, not 50 of them.

Duke- Sorry to hear that you're packing it in.

#26 3 years ago

Did a little research. He's "stepped away" from the hobby twice before but returned both times. Knowing that, I'm imploring the OP to give it some time to think it over and self-reflect and project forward a few months. This is a lot of money worth of stuff for a great price. Depending on what's actually going on to cause such a drastic decision, there's got to be a better plan for him. This is a guy who loves to work with his hands and he's practically giving the things that make him happy away.

I almost feel like I should buy it and put it in storage so he can call me in a month and buy it back.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Who wants these titles.

You just don't understand and I am fine with that. Before I knew better I saw a guy buy a building full of arcade stuff for around $12,500. I thought he was nuts. Some of the stuff was wet, many missing parts and some just plain junk. I am friends with him now and wish I would have offered $15000 for that junk.

PS: A lot of the stuff never made it home with him.

#28 3 years ago

You guys are something else. I dont need advise. I dont need to put it in storage. Im going to sell it all soon and I dont need anyone discussing if I'm making the right decision for myself. Who the hell here knows enough about me to decide or judge if this is the right decision for me. None of you do. If you don't want to buy my stuff then move on. If you all MUST know I'm living in a bad situation and I'm pulling the rip cord, filing for divorce in a few months and moving out of state. I want a pile of cash to make it easier. How the heck can a bunch of people on the internet discuss the merits of a decision I've made over the last year without having any information about the decision. Alcoholism has destroyed many relationships and its destroyed this one. Jesus christ people. Im making a move thats good for me. All this shit can be replaced in 6 months. When I'm ready ill be back in the pinball game. For all u interested in buying ill be in touch very soon.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

You guys are something else. I dont need advise. I dont need to put it in storage. Im going to sell it all soon and I dont need anyone discussing if I'm making the right decision for myself. Who the hell here knows enough about me to decide or judge if this is the right decision for me. None of you do. If you don't want to buy my stuff then move on. If you all MUST know I'm living in a bad situation and I'm pulling the rip cord, filing for divorce in a few months and moving out of state. I want a pile of cash to make it easier. How the heck can a bunch of people on the internet discuss the merits of a decision I've made over the last year without having any information about the decision. Alcoholism has destroyed many relationships and its destroyed this one. Jesus christ people. Im making a move thats good for me. All this shit can be replaced in 6 months. When I'm ready ill be back in the pinball game. For all u interested in buying ill be in touch very soon.

Got divorced last year, I 100% know the feeling. You do you and do what YOU want to do with your life. Now is the time.

#30 3 years ago

Divorce calls for tough decisions. Been there, done that. Do what you have to do to right your own ship.
    Good luck to you sir. Many of us have been there and we get it. Sometimes life calls on us to make hard choices.
    See you on the other side of this and in better times.

#31 3 years ago

Good luck to you, I wish you well. Pinball will wait for you. This is all stuff that can be replaced again. Rebuilding your life is priceless.

#32 3 years ago

Man if I was close enough to make this work I would be loading it up. Best of luck.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Duke-:

...filing for divorce in a few months...

...I want a pile of cash to make it easier.

If your spouse has or will have a lawyer, you may want to go back an hour ago and not post this, unless you two have some understanding already in place.

Dissipation of marital assets ain’t no joke.

Regardless, you don’t owe anyone here an explanation for anything. Best of luck to you.

#34 3 years ago

I get it.

You have to look out for yourself this time.

Its the right thing to do.

#35 3 years ago

Does the Shop include the building for 15k?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-entire-workshop-and-project-machines?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.