Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When selling an older machine next to new ones you should:”

• Keep them separated until you have cash & it's loaded in the truck. Maybe show him after. 7 votes
      44%
    • It doesn't matter, they are there to pick up what they bought and spend what they are spending. 9 votes
      56%

(16 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Sold an older machine on Ebay, person is picking it up & is excited about it (sounds like he is new to the hobby). I have it in my basement with my other machines including my new Avengers. Should I put it in the garage away from the others when he comes to pick it up? That would mean breaking it down & re assembling it because there are stairs involved. It's not that I don't want him to see my other games, but I don't necessarily want to sell the Dodge Dart next to the Ferarri. Plus I want him to feel good about the game he bought & liked as a kid...Thoughts?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Isn't it going to have to be moved anyways? Unless you're depending on someone else to move the machine around you other valuable games without damaging them, or it's a total hassle to keep it in the garage until it sells....just get it moved, IMO.

I would have to reassemble it back in the garage so he could play it. It's not near anything else in the basement so hitting another machine isn't an issue. From all the comments I'm going to leave it where it is..thx!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I've actually had the problem you're thinking you might have. I had a new to the hobby person commmit to buing a six million dollar man that I had for sale (not through ebay though so it wasn't a contractual committment). He had seen enough pictures and was coming with the intent to buy that game. I had moved it so it was closest to the door of my gameroom and away from my other games.
    He walked in, took about a six second look (one for each million, I presume) at the game and said "that won't do, I don't like it". Mind you, he never turned the game on or played it, just declared it unworthy from looking at it. I asked him if he expected the game to be different than what he had seen in the pictures. He didn't reply.
    He then started walking around my gameroom and stopped in front of Fish Tales. He got all excited about how colorful the game was (clearly he was basing his decision on looks at this point) and asked if he could buy that one. I told him that not only was it not for sale but it was in a different price category than the six million dollar man game.
    Long story short is that I ended up selling him the Fish Tales because he agreed to pay the outrageous price I shot him when he said "give me a number".
    So, it can happen but I wouldn't move the game until he gets there. If he suddenly seems interested in the other games, that's fine, but he's contractually committed to buying the game he bought on ebay so I wouldn't worry about it. Who knows, he may offer to buy one of your other games, if you're so inclined to sell one.
    Dave

That's a funny story, especially if you gave him an outrageous number..The last Allentown show someone had a Shrek in the freeplay section and on the card hanging from the game where you put if you were selling and for how much they had "Stupid Money" I though that was great...

#14 11 years ago

Sounds like good advice all around..thx!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-an-older-machine-next-to-new-ones?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.