(Topic ID: 250892)

Selling after a few hundred plays

By DJHens

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

A few hundred games is enough to break even on a game, it really depends on your play style. For example when I go play on location, between games, booze, fried oreos, food, etc I usually spend $40 to $70 on one outing. Your mileage may vary, but that's what I typically spend. So for me personally it doesn't take much to break even. Assuming say a $1200 loss when selling a new in box game and assuming each time I choose to play at home rather than on location saves me an average of $55, then skipping 22 visits to the local pinball location means financial break even. Side bonus, I get to play the game in the comfort of my own home anytime I want, I get to hear all the sounds, I can play it back to back without feeling like I'm hogging the game, I can take time to learn all the rules, I can experiment at my leisure, I can blast music loud while I play, I can live stream Deadflip on the tv next to my games while I play (I do that sometimes), etc...

But again that's me, your play style and location expenditures may be different. To each their own.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-after-a-few-hundred-plays?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.