Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Selling a used pinball is fun”

• No, it's not 47 votes
      45%
    • Yes, I love it 21 votes
      20%
    • Who cares? 36 votes
      35%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oprah pinball murder (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    Screenshot_20220313-155651_Chrome (resized).jpg
    2A3257BE-FD60-4B03-BE0E-7055C57E53B9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Are pinball people the most wishy-washy buyers in any hobby or is that just my observation? It's like buyers want me to talk them into buying my game over the course of 5-7 days of back and forth and back and forth messages.

You've only owned it for 7 months. Why are you selling so quickly?
    Even though your ad says FIRM Will you accept $_________ ?
    What did you like about it.
    What did you not like about it.
    It's a toss up between 2 games. Why is yours better than ________ pinball game?
    Can you find a pallet, rent a trailer with a ramp, buy a pallet jack, pack the game really, really, really well and take it to a freighter for me (for free)? I use XYZ freighters. You'll have to look and see if there's one near you... ok?
    Can I put a deposit to hold it until whenever I get ready to buy? What if I my wife says no next wekk, can I get the deposit back?
    Can you wait until next Tuesday for me to wire the funds. I'll need your checking acct number and routing number.

Buying or selling a pinball game shouldn't be difficult. You see the game for sale and decide you want it. Look at the pics. Ask a few questions, move money around if you need to pay electronically or go to the bank and get cash. Call Michelle at STi/Beltmann and set up the shipping OR take the seats our of your minivan and make a road trip.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I seem to never have this experience, but i avoid FB marketplace, craigslist etc. Prefer to deal with reputable Pinsiders. I’ve been lowballed before sure but those convos end quickly. Never been asked why i was selling but the short answer would be “because i want your money more than i want this game” haha.

I'm speaking of just my experience of selling on pinside... not FB or CL. I actually find FB and CL to be better since they are almost always local people and not tire kickers from 8 states away.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Op, you have nerve!!!!

How so?

#19 2 years ago

Ohhh are you the guy who had the 40th elvira on CL for some crazy amount... $32k I think it was?! Yea, I kicked those tires for a bit via email until I realized you weren't interested in a fair offer or trade. I mentioned there were 3 or 4 other NIB elvira 40's on pinside for $1000's less. A seller can't be upset when someone kicks the tires of a grossly overpriced game. Sellers set themselves up for that with the high price.

If a game is priced right, there's no need to go back and forth for a week about a sale.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Take your Kobe NBA, and your expert assessment, of my CL ads(game sold for asking price off of CL) and F yourself! YOU went back and back snarkily telling me that the 0% CC offer that I purchased the machine with, was about to expire, so I better sell to you, or I would regret my purchase... You are not only a cockasaurous rex, you are a limp, cockasaurous rex! Your speculation that the purchase was made on a CC, was about as lame and inaccurate, as your assessment of the pricing in general! You sure your last name is not Grizzard? What a tool!

I don't know you from a hole in the wall. I see you're somewhat local though. I'm glad you sold your 40th elvira.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Get your emotional passport ready, cause you're going on a guilt trip!!!
    What a lame ass way to try to make you feel badly for selling a game at market value. "When children are involved..." GTFO of here with that.

Yeah, that guy pulled out ALL the stops and covered all the bases!

Kids, xmas, greed, low income, then wishing happy holidays at the end.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A good portion of my transactions have a tendency to end up taking a couple hours longer than they should for no other reason than the other person is stoked to talk about pinball.

I get that. Sometimes you wanna talk and other times you wanna sell a game and just get back to watching the Price Is Right. I don't wanna make a new friend every time I sell a pinball game.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

but he held onto it for me until the day we had agreed on.

at least you didn't back out on the later date you agreed on. Then, the seller would have lost those 2 higher price offers AND you backed out. So, he's back to square 1. It happens all the time which is why many sellers won't "hold" a game... even with a deposit. "Sorry my wife said I can't buy it. I know it's been 6 days but can I get my deposit back?"

3 weeks later
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m the same way, but admittedly got burned once. A guy offered me more and I told him no, that it was already sold and was being picked up by another buyer on the weekend. The first buyer then backed out. I contacted the second guy and offered the game to him at the same lower price agreed upon by the first buyer and he thought I was playing some shady game with him which made no sense since I was offering the game to him at a lower price than he was willing to pay. The second buyer was willing to overpay for a game in order to screw over an earlier buyer, but once he heard the other guy didn’t want the game, he lost complete interest in it. WTF?

That's human nature. People want what they can't have.

There was a local HUO pinball magic for sale at an estate sale. I emailed the auction house before the sale started and asked the price and if I could buy it early. She said $5200 but no early sales. I offered her $6000. She said no.

It turns out the game didn't sell the 1st day for $5200. Per auction house rules, the 2nd day it was discounted 25% along with everything else. She ended up selling it for $3900 on the 2nd day! She lost out on $2100 due to her stubbornness and righteousness.

10 months later
    #105 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm kinda surprised how impatient and put out a lot of folks seem to be when selling a game.

The reason for that is because the seller has likely dealt with 6 tire kickers before you came along.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm kinda surprised how impatient and put out a lot of folks seem to be when selling a game.

The reason for that is because the seller has likely dealt with 6 tire kickers before you came along.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m the same way, but admittedly got burned once. A guy offered me more and I told him no, that it was already sold and was being picked up by another buyer on the weekend. The first buyer then backed out. I contacted the second guy and offered the game to him at the same lower price agreed upon by the first buyer and he thought I was playing some shady game with him which made no sense since I was offering the game to him at a lower price than he was willing to pay. The second buyer was willing to overpay for a game in order to screw over an earlier buyer, but once he heard the other guy didn’t want the game, he lost complete interest in it. WTF?

Because he assumed the 1st buyer came to look at, played the game in person but found issues and walked away. I think most people would feel the same way.

You maybe should have accepted the 2nd higher offer, sold the game, put more money in your pocket and then called the 1st guy (who was going to bail anyway) and told him sorry, it's been sold. That's a win, win, win for all 3 parties. You snooze, you lose.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

lol when i say i have to check with the wife i literally have to check with the wife. she pays the bills and knows if im gonna have 3k to spare this week or next week, i have no idea

Quoted from poppapin:

Damn, dude that's fukn shady!

It's no more shady than the 1st buyer bailing a week after saying he wanted the game. If you really want a game and can't pick it up in a couple days, send the seller a non refundable deposit (with a pick up date you must adhere to) so he can remove the listing. It's easy.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Hopefully selling isn't your main income source.

Of course selling pinball games isn't my main source of income. Do I look like zach meny? This is a hobby.

I do have 6000+ positive feedbacks on ebay for selling. Ive sold things on amazon and etsy and CL and FB. It's not complicated if you have reasonably decent buyers.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from viper001:

I've had more luck on marketplace than pinside.

And FB marketplace is FREE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-used-pinball-game?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.