Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Selling a used pinball is fun”

• No, it's not 47 votes
      45%
    • Yes, I love it 21 votes
      20%
    • Who cares? 36 votes
      35%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oprah pinball murder (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    Screenshot_20220313-155651_Chrome (resized).jpg
    2A3257BE-FD60-4B03-BE0E-7055C57E53B9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Here’s what we get sometimes. Funny how anal some folks are
    [quoted image]

Hmmm. So it is my responsibility to cover everyone else's financial shortfall when it comes to them prioritizing the purchase of a luxury item from me? So much wrong about this, it's not worth the effort detailing it all.

On the other hand, I'm going to the Lamborghini dealership today to inform them they must provide me with a same year model Aventador for an even exchange with my 370Z (after all, they are both sports cars), and if they refuse then I'll guilt them into it by letting them know they are crushing the dreams of my son - those greedy, heartless, capitalists pigs.

As it relates to my personal experience, I've purchased three used pins for myself and sold one (one via Craigslist and the others via Pinside). In every case the experience was positive. Most of the details were worked out in advance over the phone, the pricing was agreed upon pending in-person inspection, and in my situation (buying or selling) help was provided loading the pin into the transport vehicle.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Here’s what we get sometimes. Funny how anal some folks are
    [quoted image]

This also reminds me of all those home shows my wife watches. She loves it when potential buyers write personal letters about their lives and why they want to buy the house. I mentioned once that I thought that was silly. I don't need to read a letter to choose the buyer of my house. Rather, all I need is to sort the offers from largest to smallest and choose whichever one comes out at the top of the list. Whatever their story is, this is the one that touches my heart the most.

I must be a callous dream crusher for thinking this way - good thing I don't care what strangers think about me.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

Reading this thread, I gotta say I feel really lucky about the Whirlwind I bought just under two weeks ago. It was my first purchase, aside from $150 I spent to buy an EM project. I was nervous, but I didn't hassle the seller with a bunch of questions. However, my constraint was that I didn't have room in my schedule to go pay and pick up the pin for the better part of a week. In the intervening time, the seller got several offers of a couple hundred over the asking price, but he held onto it for me until the day we had agreed on. I would have done the same, but I wouldn't have been surprised, or even blamed him honestly, if he hadn't. I mean, craigslist is full of time-wasters, so the fact he held his game for almost a week, with no more assurance than a craigslist email... like I said, I feel lucky!

I know I've left some money on the table before, but I've done similar and had similar done to me. If I set a price and have a verbal agreement with some conditions (e.g. time, payment method, etc.) then that is what I stick with even if someone else offers more. Not going to judge others for doing things differently, but I think this is the best way to treat people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-used-pinball-game?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.