Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Selling a used pinball is fun”

• No, it's not 47 votes
      45%
    • Yes, I love it 21 votes
      20%
    • Who cares? 36 votes
      35%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oprah pinball murder (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    Screenshot_20220313-155651_Chrome (resized).jpg
    2A3257BE-FD60-4B03-BE0E-7055C57E53B9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 2 years ago

I am a "no hassle" type of guy, but I can't promise I won't talk pinball. I love pinball. I eat, breath, and sleep pinball. If I am buying or selling...we will likely be swapping stories. Sorry, not sorry.

1 week later
    #95 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I personally can’t stand selling a pinball machine but I only ever tried about 20 years ago (and failed because no one wanted to buy my super nice IJ back then for the typical price).
    It’s big, bulky, heavy and made of a million pieces that can fail, one wrong move and the cabinet gets scratched or chipped.
    Just a headache dealing with potential buyers.
    Fast forward to 2022: WTF? These are now $10k+ items??? So now you have to deal with people who rightfully expect a flawless machine given the massive amount of money involved and then you have to be comfortable dealing with total strangers and $10k, $15k or more?
    No thank you. I don’t want to end up on an Oprah episode about pinball murders.
    I’ll keep my machines. While I would never buy them now for the going rate, the potential cash from a sale seems attractive. Selling them would be way too much hassle. And I do like playing or looking at them.

If it makes you more comfortable, I will buy your IJ for 500 bucks so you won't have to worry about the massive amount of money involved, and I'll even move it too!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-used-pinball-game?tu=Daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.