5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jkleinnd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180923_174556 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Probably like many of you, the price and space requirements of pinball machines is, shall we say, prohibitive. I have my first machine which is an EM that I've brought back from the dead and it looks great (i.e. the artwork fits our "style"). We love the game, but now that we've worked our way up from EM to SS to 90's machines, we find it rarely gets played.
    Since space is limited, for the foeseeable future I don't see us moving or being able to rearrange for a large collection. In addition, prices are really high for us, so it takes extra work and sacrifices to save for a machine.
    I don't expect prices to stay as high as they are on EM machines, so if I were to sell it, I would have space and could put the money towards a newer machine. But there would be a hole where it was for a really long time, as the likelihood of finding a routed/players condition Creature from the Black Lagoon is very unlikely.
    So would you sell while the market is hot, or enjoy what you have, even if it doesn't get played that often?
    I hate sometimes that I get attached to things. I have every spare part to keep it going for generations, but what generation is going to want to play it once they've played a more modern game? (No offense to us EM aficionados!)

What EM game?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-sentimental-machine-while-the-market-is-hot-?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.