(Topic ID: 25365)

Selling a Pin using Paypal? Advice

By jewboyflowerhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F---paypal.jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

The thing about selling a pin is that you need a buyer, it's not just about what the seller wants. I want protection as the buyer too.

For me that's using a cc or paypal. If I am purchasing site unseen like an auction or something. I would never gift my $, I would rather pay the 3% if that was an issue using paypal. I'm fine as the seller too.

Fortunately, I have confidence in paypal because I have never had any issues. You hear about the occasional horror story. There is a reason stores and banks use $$ pens to determine if bills are real. Unless you are using one, you could have a buyer passing em to you. I'm sure it's happened to people selling items cash and never see that person again. Shit happens.

#52 11 years ago

You have to ask - "Is a long distance sale really worth all the drama?"
    most people deal locally and in person when selling a pinball machine,
    it will take longer but less head aches with scammers

#53 11 years ago

Well ive been burned few times by paypal but at the same time i have had mostly smooth transactions if you accept $$ through paypal have them send under persanal selection and bill money it has 0 transfer fees and has no reversable transaction then you also stay out of the gift red flag area.
    I took paypal with Xenon no problems at all using this method and it never hurts using online payments to sit on the machine a week to make sure the funds are secured.

#54 11 years ago

Bank wire

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I once tried that, but no local branch would cash a check over $500 without having an account there.

You cash it at the bank by which it is drawn. they have to honor it unless it is NSF. There may be fees if you don't have an account there. They may give you the inquisition if the check is substantial (> $1000).

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-pin-using-paypal-advice/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.