(Topic ID: 180688)

Selling a game and not disclosing its been on location?

By TheWizard00

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewizard00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

New member here, long time lurker. Trying to get ready to buy my first machine. Over the past couple of months i have seen some games come up for sale in my area, titles i have been interested in, with the owner selling them and not disclosing they have been on location for the past several months. I know they have been location due to playing these exact machines. It appears the owner is buying them new and routing them for 6 months then selling them off before any "permanent" damage is being done to the machines, only at a slight discount over buying new, or even a home use only machine. I have contemplated buying one of them, but i feel like if they are hiding that, what else are they hiding. Is this something that is common and maybe something i just need to get over?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you can't even get agreement going onthis subject as seen in this thread today.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf
    There's nothing wrong with buying a machine that's been in a bar or whatever. 99% of all machines owned by us were.
    The price for brand new games do not drop that much in value in 6 months to a year.

Thanks for the link i hadnt seen that post. I guess its more commonly happening then i thought it was.

Thanks for all the opinions so far guys!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

as others have said, condition is what matters.
    Is the guy advertising routed games as HUO? If so then steer clear.

While they arent coming right out and saying HUO, they are implying as such, at least to me anyway. Saying things like "only has a couple hundred of plays", the game has been in a location since at least September, so i would imagine it has much more then a couple hundred plays over the time. It also says it has the latestupdated code, its my understanding from reading that when you update code it clears out the number of plays on the machine? is that correct?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewizard00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-game-and-not-disclosing-its-been-on-locaiton?tu=thewizard00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.