(Topic ID: 180688)

Selling a game and not disclosing its been on location?

By TheWizard00

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheWizard00:

Is this something that is common and maybe something i just need to get over?

Well you can't even get agreement going onthis subject as seen in this thread today.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-gorf

There's nothing wrong with buying a machine that's been in a bar or whatever. 99% of all machines owned by us were.
    The price for brand new games do not drop that much in value in 6 months to a year.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I hear what you're saying, though I think there's a big difference between the two situation.

Agreed 100% I just mean you can't even get members to agree on all this stuff. Half the people in that thread are saying they expect HUO only machines to be in much better condition than routed ones. Whilst I would certain(t)ly assume that myself, I'm not going to expect it and going to do my work to look into it.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

See, that's just not accurate. I have pictures of me removing my NIB games. Bill of sale is easy to fake.

What the hell is a bill of sale?

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheWizard00:

its my understanding from reading that when you update code it clears out the number of plays on the machine? is that correct?

It can be altered a few ways and people commonly use this tactic when selling a machine.
    This goes hand in hand with "Hey look at my 1996 machine that's HUO, just 400 plays on it wow!"

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not for the Spike games.

Is that true? Pretty sure it erased my games played count on my GB when I updated?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you erased lifetime earnings, something went wrong. It's a running amount that cannot be easily erased.

Earnings the same as games played data?

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think so. Pretty sure it only keeps the lifetime earnings on spike.

Cool thanks. This is something that can trick buyers as well then. He could just show him the games played after being wiped and he wouldn;t know any better...hell I didn't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-game-and-not-disclosing-its-been-on-locaiton?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.