(Topic ID: 258823)

Sellers remorse...should I sell back?

By Heaterguy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200105-004515~2 (resized).png
    20191024_182031 (resized).jpg
    20191122_192109 (resized).jpg
    20191214_200325 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.
    If everything you've said is true (not questioning YOU, but assuming the stepdaughter is truthful about the sons not being around the last 25 years) then you should feel no remorse or obligation to sell them back. Long-lost family members surface like mushrooms in shit when parents start passing away.

My aunt was estranged from her husband for 20-some years. For whatever reason, they never actually divorced - he lived out his days with another woman, and she moved in with her sister. He passed away a few years ago. He had never changed his will, so his assets went to his legal wife, my aunt. We're talking roughly $80,000 - not life changing, but certainly considerable. Well, in his will, he asked that $10,000 go to his 2 daughters from his previous marriage. I didn't even know he HAD 2 daughters from a previous marriage. My aunt hadn't heard from either of these women in 2 decades, and all of a sudden she's getting these big, smiling phone calls almost daily, "Hi Auntie! How are you?? Have you settled the will yet? No? Ok, well let us know if you need anything! LOVE you, Auntie!"
    So, she did as her husband wished - she sent the money, along with a scathing letter about their disappearance 20 years ago and their bright, shiny, magical RE-appearance.

She hasn't heard from them since.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sellers-remorseshould-i-sell-back?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.