Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.jpg
    2D93E4E4-4577-4601-8DBA-2AC2CBE198D0 (resized).jpeg
    02c95cbee1824ec5ae1db38337e733ef (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has anybody here ever actually done a pinball deal with escrow.com?

Yes, four times.

I've used it many more times when buying high-end audio equipment.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know I wouldn't be interested in an escrow.com deal.

That's because you can't understand how it works.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Someone wanted to use Escrow.com. If you read it they can hold your money until the buyer says it's ok.

Exactly. The buyer has 48 hours to inspect the game.

If the buyer does not arrange for return shipping before 48 hours, the money is released to the seller automatically.

Quoted from Buzz:

Looked like a way to get screwed out of pin and cash on the sellers end just like PayPal.

Nope. Not at all.

With Paypal, the buyer has 120 days to reverse the transaction - and the SELLER has to pay for return shipping.

With Escrow.com the buyer has 48 hours to return the game, after that time expires, it's his forever.

Quoted from Buzz:

Bank transfer is the only protection a seller has IMO.

There are a few great ways to do the bank transfer scam, read the ripoff guide.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

what car cost 90k - just curious

I saw this 2005 Ford the other day for $470,000.

You should probably use Escrow on that one for sure

02c95cbee1824ec5ae1db38337e733ef (resized).jpg02c95cbee1824ec5ae1db38337e733ef (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

What happens if hypothetically I buy your game because I want parts from it since mine aren't as nice or flaky. I get your game and swap the boards, dmd, coils, playfield, translite, etc, then refuse your game saying it's not as advertised.

Of course you are going to have crazy detailed pics of any game you ship.

Unless the buyer is from Michigan, no one is going to go through that much trouble to rip you off.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I guess I don't underestimate the vileness of people. Because to me if I was say a total asshole, using escrow would for an easy way for example to get a better cabinet or populated playfield.

It's not an easy way.

I've never sold a game that I've shipped for less than $7,000.

So the scammer has to put up $7,500 to risk that he might come out ahead, wait 2 weeks for delivery, be home for delivery, swap parts, re-crate, be home for pickup.....that's a lot of work.

You probably love those heist movies where they use 20 photos of a crown to make a perfect replica, then swap the crown during the bi-yearly maintenance of the museum's alarm, on the 4th of July during the fireworks....

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Wow, I'm surprised to see all of the people saying "I would never ship!!!"

I'm not surprised.

Shipping is a headache.

Maybe if you are retired, work from home, or flip games for a living it's kinda OK.

But all the back & forth giving the buyer all the details he needs, getting the funds, setting up the shipping date, being home all day when the shippers are late (or don't show up at all), rescheduling the shipping for another day, tracking the shipment, making a claim when the game has been speared by a forklift, having them deny the claim.....it's a headache.

There is a simplicity to just selling a game for cash out of the garage.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Sometimes it's the same headache buying one!

Same thing in reverse!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sellers-beware-1?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.