Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.jpg
    2D93E4E4-4577-4601-8DBA-2AC2CBE198D0 (resized).jpeg
    02c95cbee1824ec5ae1db38337e733ef (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly. The buyer has 48 hours to inspect the game.
    If the buyer does not arrange for return shipping before 48 hours, the money is released to the seller automatically.

What happens if hypothetically I buy your game because I want parts from it since mine aren't as nice or flaky. I get your game and swap the boards, dmd, coils, playfield, translite, etc, then refuse your game saying it's not as advertised. I ship you back your game since I don't mind spending $400 to ship when I got all kinds of better parts from your game. When you get your game back if you notice I swapped parts and complain to escrow, how do they know who to side with? At that point it becomes a he said she said unless you have amazing up close and detailed pictures and serial numbers.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So the question is are you allowed that much time? Is this a receive inspect and not except type service? Or receive wait a day then say Na I don't want it I'm shiping it back. Sounds to me once you sign for it it's yours?

Well I'm going by vid's post which says the buyer has 48 hours. So perhaps a playfield swap would be ambitious, but swapping parts here and there would be easily doable, like playfield plastics for example, a translite, a dmd, stuff that isn't easy to tie to a particular game unless you have exceptional pictures.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Of course you are going to have crazy detailed pics of any game you ship.
    Unless the buyer is from Michigan, no one is going to go through that much trouble to rip you off.

I guess I don't underestimate the vileness of people. Because to me if I was say a total asshole, using escrow would for an easy way for example to get a better cabinet or populated playfield. Spend the $400 shipping and when I get your game I disconnect a few cables, swap the populated play field and keep the machine with the better cabinet/playfield combo. I dunno, maybe I'm being paranoid but I've seen people go to more trouble for less illegal gain so I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried that. And even if you have pictures I can make the claim that you are using pictures of someone else's game and you were trying to scam me. Then it's back to he said she said. Anyways I'll stick with local sales and cash.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I had a worry about that s well.
    I was going to post a similair topic. Video tape the game inside and top and bottom

Yeah I mention it because it happened to me on ebay. I sold a cell phone, sent it to the buyer, he used it for three weeks and then said condition not as advertised and filed a complaint with paypal. He sent it back and it was all banged up, whereas I had sent him a mint condition phone. I filed a complaint with paypal and even though I had lots of pictures of the before and after they didn't care, they sided with the buyer. So I was now left with a banged up phone when I had shipped him a mint condition phone.

I have no experience with escrow services hence why I was asking, because I have no idea who they would side with. Would they be like paypal and automatically side with the buyer even if I have pictures? I ultimately decided I don't want to find out, and hence do local cash sales only. If someone is willing to do it to me for a $600 phone, then they may want to do it for a $6000 pin.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Ebay will always side with the buyers and just ask them to return the item, but there's a big difference between an ebay sale or any paypal purchase and transferring money threw paypal as "friends and family". There's nothing you can say to retract that payment, even if you lie and say your account was hacked they'll pull up the device you logged into your paypal account and made the payment on, investigate your account and then suspend you from using paypal.
    Here's my ebay account I've been a selling vintage toys on there for over 10 years now and dealing with every backwards ass crook on the planet (you should see my block list) I'm not bsing you man. Thankfully now I'm only selling pinball stuff and I haven't had one problem yet from a single customer...funny huh lol.
    ebay.com link

From what I understand, if you use your paypal account as "friends and family" but it's really being used for selling items then paypal will suspend your account if they find out. Also from what I understand if a buyer funds their paypal account with a stolen credit card, then the money will be taken from a seller even if it was sent via "friends and family".

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

That's not true, if your doing a deal with a friend it's perfectly fine to transfer money that way they will not suspend your account, I've had so many payments made and received that way allways with a little note "for pinball machine" or whatever. As far as new accounts are concerned you cant even send money that way for at least 3 months until your paypal account is verified, and if the credit card used to send the money as "friends and family" was stolen the recipient is fully protected and paypall will deal with the credit card company. You are fully protected using friends and family payments I've talked with them quite a while about this, call them yourself and you'll find out.

It's only if you get reported or caught of course, it's happened to a fair amount of people that I know where they lost their paypal account for using "friends and family" payments for normal purchases. Your mileage may vary I suppose. For chargebacks I'm going by what the ladies I know have used paypal for, most have pretty much banned it and moved to other payment services like Circlepay or whatever because paypal issued them chargebacks even on friends or family payments. As for why it's happened to them and not you though I have no idea. But they have all pretty much universally warned me to avoid paypal because of it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sellers-beware-1?tu=Reality_Studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.