Linked Games

Topic poll

“Seller's remorse”

• Yes 34 votes
    63%
  • No 20 votes
    37%

(Multiple choice - 54 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago

I end up with seller's remorse nearly every time. I tend to get attached to things, which I know is completely irrational, yet it still happens. If I could, I would keep them all. But my reality right now is if I want something new, something usually has to go to help pay for it. I usually find some little flaw or quirk in the game to focus on and justify selling, only to regret it after a few months. I have bought games back a few times...in some cases even the exact same machine. It's a vicious cycle with me. Right now I am thinking of getting rid of one I already bought, sold, and bought back...and my likely replacement would also be a repeat. And the sad part is, I'm pretty sure at some point down the line I will miss this one again and be looking for another one. Terrible I tell you...terrible. LOL

I will say though, that is one of the beautiful things about this hobby. If you buy one you don't enjoy, or just need a change, you can sell pretty easily. If you regret a sale, you can always find another one. If you are smart about your buying and selling, you won't even lose much if any money doing so. So really, why not keep it fresh when the urge hits. For me the biggest regrets are probably the ones that I bought NIB that I know I will not be able to (reasonably) replace with another NIB. There is something a bit more special about the ones that were "all mine". But that is probably just another silly personal mindset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-s-remorse?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.