Linked Games

Topic poll

“Seller's remorse”

• Yes 34 votes
    63%
  • No 20 votes
    37%

(Multiple choice - 54 votes)

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

They were all sales necessary at the time, for space, or to fund another game. Except for the last.... which was kind of for space, but I had a narrow window to move in. So I decided to keep my FT. I'm happy for all the new owners. I wouldn't mind getting a game back, but really if I am going to get a game again I would rather get something I have not had before. Tough these days, as the asking prices seem to never stop rising.

#52 3 years ago

I had major remorse after selling Banzai Run and still do now.

#53 3 years ago

Out of sight, out of mind usually works for me. As long as someone takes the turds away for a fair price.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

I’m not even a year into collecting machines so I haven’t yet experienced sellers remorse but I can understand it. Hot Wheels is easily my least favorite machine in my collection, like a 6/10 rating. For some reason odd reason I don’t see myself parting with it anytime soon, even tho no one in the house plays it much.

You built that collection in a year? Damn!

#55 3 years ago

I only have sellers remorse on one game, and that was the Stern Star Trek I sold. When I sold it, I was trying to sell something else, but someone saw it in the background and traded me the pin (and some cash) I really wanted that was unobtanium to me at the time... DE Jurassic Park. I have found that if I sell my pins when I am ready and not pressured into it I am much happier. If I want a pin back I can always buy or trade for another.

#56 3 years ago

I've not really sold many of my "collection" games, mostly just games I fixed up to finance the collection. Those that I sort of regret selling, in order of "damn!", are:

1) Quicksilver. Just wasn't feeling the love on this one when I had it, especially with some of the shots, and though I loved the backglass, the green playfield didn't do it for me (yeah, I know -- lame excuse). But subsequently of course the game has become highly sought-after, and I now realize that it had the coolest Max Bonus reward sound-effects of any Stern: "wooop, wooop, wooop!" Would buy it back if that were possible
2) Flight 2000. Couldn't justify two wide-body Sterns (and I prefer my Cheetah, so shoot me), but it was a game that even pinball novices could get into. They are common though, so would be easy enough to replace.
3) Paragon. Wasn't really part of my collection, but I operated one I owned at my work. It used to pull in about $200/week at 25cents a play! Got really good at it, and loved the inlines. A friend wanted a game so I sold it to them. I still think it may be the best wide-body classic Bally (though my Embryon was prettier, it wasn't as much fun at all).

And I'm not even mentioning Star Gazer: Glad to see it go, and got top-dollar, so no complaints. Could sell it for kidneys now if I still had it, but still no regrets.

#57 3 years ago

Taf...the one and only remorse...cause I had a awesome one..now they are all beat up, unless you had a HEP or equivalent.

Edit...should also include collectable lightly used..as mine was

#58 3 years ago

Not right away, but No fear ended up being one I had to get back.

At the time I sold the first one I thought I would be making room for all the great new games that were coming out. After a couple years, reality set in that most of the new games sucked hard and the ones I did buy only lasted here a few months at most.

No Fear has now been back for well over a year now. And never leaving again.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I had trouble selling games at first, but a wise man once told me: "Sometimes it's nice seeing the hundreds come back into your hand".

Words never truer than when I sold my first child.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

You built that collection in a year? Damn!

Yeah thanks to the pandemic I started building a home arcade last July, all gas and no breaks since! All but 3 were NIB pickups, I’m still in the honeymoon phase obviously haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-s-remorse/page/2?hl=dr_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.