(Topic ID: 35366)

seller on mr pinball has a rocky n bullwinkle for only 7,900 lol

By rockfantasyman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 11 years ago

just woke up to this one . slightly corroded, imported from tawain . you cannot make this stuff up !

#2 11 years ago

Hey! It's worth every bit of about 3/16ths of that price....

#3 11 years ago

Woohoo! I'm putting together a R&B now that's in great shape. Mine must be worth twice that. Hell, I'm not greedy. I'll give someone a deal at $8000. See how nice I am.

#4 11 years ago

I've seen alot of the R+B games that came back from over seas and I think the container got wet or something if I remember the story right. There's alot of them out there just like this one, only cheaper I'm sure.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#5 11 years ago

I saw a beautiful real HUO one last month that the guy had trouble selling for 1800

#6 11 years ago

Dont laugh you greedy bastards will have that asking price doubled in a few weeks

#7 11 years ago

If I ever sell mine, which is in perfect condition, I'm going to say things like...

"Hey, corroded ones from Taiwan sell for $8,000 on Mr. Pinball..."

#8 11 years ago

the guy probably saw on e-bay for 8,500 so he's thinking he's got a good price!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

just woke up to this one . slightly corroded, imported from tawain . you cannot make this stuff up !

Yes, that price is insane, *BUT* if you notice, it's supposedly a BRAND NEW game without the box. The guy is also selling several other old games that are NIB, but opened (assuming they did this to remove batteries upon arrival), and I guess this one's box is just gone now for whatever reason.

If it truly is an unplayed/new game, it's value is going to be up there a bit, but of course the corrosion factor kind of hurts things.

#10 11 years ago

Gotta love stupid sellers.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I saw a beautiful real HUO one last month that the guy had trouble selling for 1800

IMO, a HUO R&B (assuming really excellent condition) is a very good deal at $1800.00

My R&B which is not HUO but is super-nice, extremely clean and 100% working and complete; I would laugh at any offer under $1800.00

RussMyers

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

IMO, a HUO R&B (assuming really excellent condition) is a very good deal at $1800.00
My R&B which is not HUO but is super-nice, extremely clean and 100% working and complete; I would laugh at any offer under $1800.00
RussMyers

Well at least your game is safe then...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

Well at least your game is safe then...

It's so wonderful that you have an opinion.

RM

#14 11 years ago

I'm with Russ. Rocky and Bullwinkle is a really fun game. It's not super deep, but it is challenging, and there are no 'gimmie' shots. Plus, one in HUO condition is a very nice looking pin.

If AFM is actually worth what it's going for, Rocky and Bullwinkle is worth more than 2k all day long..

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussMyers

Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm tempted to see if he still has it.....

#16 11 years ago

I might have that mrpinball seller confused with someone else but I remember a seller that had a similar mix of new open box games that he was selling on eBay as a package maybe 2-6 months ago. his price seemed very high as a package but individually these seem even higher. then again people can ask whatever they want for their items.

#17 11 years ago

R&B was our first pin purchase and I've watched prices and availability of R&B parts for a long time.

About 8-10 years ago, FUN had a large number of water damaged NIB R&B's they were selling for $750. At the time, I thought about buying one for spare parts, but most of the metal parts were heavily corroded. I know a collector/reseller in Madera, CA who bought a truckload of pins from FUN, including a CC, NIB Sharpshooters, and several of the R&B's. The reseller painted the R&B cabs a solid color as the screened art was failing.

Since the seller on Mr. Pinball Classifieds in from TX, I suspect it may be either FUN with a new user ID or someone who bought the damaged R&B's from the same source.

As for R&B prices, I'm sure they are worth more to the current owners than they are to the rest of the pinball community. I would be hard pressed to sell ours, regardless of the price. A family friendly theme, which truly captures the artwork, sound, and creativity of a very popular program.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#18 11 years ago

saw that on mr pin earlier... made me laugh. i will take it when they give me 20 grand for my earthshaker

#19 11 years ago

I've happened across two R&B in the last few months just by chance. They were beat to hell and cheap. The first one I brought back to life and traded for a JP and another beat R&B. Now I don't really like doing full tear down shop jobs on the same pin back to back. It's kinda boring but that's the way the chips fell. A few things I've noticed about this title. Thevfirst thing is parts are hard to find. BAA had some stuff and I found a few things on eBay but there are several parts that just don't exist in my world. The other thing I noticed is they don't seem to hold up well. On both these pins it seemed like everything was broken. Nothing gave me a break. Huge pain in the ass. I earned the few penny's I made on them. The last thing I learned is to run if someone ever tells me they have a project R&B. I won't get into another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-on-mr-pinball-has-a-rocky-n-bullwinkle-for-only-7900-lol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.