1A33D621-EE56-4EB2-A384-C03C5482E003 (resized).png
6f6.gif
giphy.gif
6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 2 years ago

Tell him to keep watching the want ads, he'll find another one.

Everyone has had sellers remorse. I agreed to sell a classic muscle car to a guy that lived 500 miles away, changed my mind but kept my word. Coulda ghosted him, thought about it. Sold it for $4500, it's worth $75k now. Yeah, I regret that - regretted it before it left my garage.

Live and learn.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Sometimes having your name bad mouthed behind your backs not worth it.

Badmouthed?

I'd laugh at one of my buddies if he said "Yeah, I sold a game to this asshole, changed my mind and now he won't sell it back to me. What a dick."

#169 2 years ago

I posted earlier in this thread about a classic muscle car I agreed to sell, changed my mind, but went ahead with it anyways because I had already agreed. Here's the ENTIRE story. This was a guy on RGP, don't know if he migrated to Pinside or not.

Said I was selling this car on RGP - open it up the next day, guy says "I sent you $1000 deposit, I live in St Louis, I'll arrange to come get it." Well over the course of the week, I changed my mind, called and kinda felt him out to see how serious he was. "Oh, I've always wanted this car, I'm gonna keep it and hand it down to my son when he graduates high school".... So I agreed to sell it to him on the condition that when he sells it, whenever that is, he calls me first. He agreed. Didn't expect to hear from him for years, if ever.

8 months later, I get a call - "hey, I'm selling the car, I ran across an old GTO like I had in high school. You wanna buy this car back?" I had sold it to him for $4500. He wanted $11,500.

I loved the car. Took out a loan and bought it back. Girlfriend and I flew to St Louis and drove it home to Michigan. 2 weeks later I got laid off and had to sell it.

Ask me if I learned a lesson.

The car in question. Factory Special Edition Smokey and the Bandit 77 Trans Am w every option available.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#214 2 years ago

Looks like he's on the mend now............

Damn, this made my whole work day go by faster. I hope someone pulls some crazy shit like this tomorrow too.

#252 2 years ago

Embryonjohn, your buddy that was the intermediary - he didn't get all caught up in this, did he?

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

On the other end of the spectrum, I had someone give me a deposit for a game to hold it for them. They decided they didn’t want it. I offered to give the deposit back but they insisted I keep it.

That's what I do as a buyer. I've bought several games a long distance away, 5 or 6 hour drives one way, that I couldn't go pick up immediately, maybe because it was the middle of the workweek or something. I'll send a deposit of a hundred bucks or so and tell them if for any reason I change my mind they can keep it. I've never not bought the game.

3 weeks later
#316 2 years ago

I'd be happy to pitch in and send another moving company to the OPs house just to keep this thread going.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. It was easily the highlight of that work day as I watched it unfold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-has-sellers-remorse-and-now-wants-his-game-back?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.