1A33D621-EE56-4EB2-A384-C03C5482E003 (resized).png
6f6.gif
giphy.gif
6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here’s the facts of the case.
The seller had no room for a game as he was moving and got ahold of a mutual friend who asked if I was interested. I said I was and he had his movers deliver it to me.
Last week before our ice storm up in the northeast I put the check in the mail. He reached out to me tonight saying he never got the check and now wants the game back.
He now says the money is not important, he wants it back as he now has the room.
Do I need to worry about this.
I sold two games to buy his.
Now what?
[quoted image]

Does he really not have the check? Sounds a bit sketchy. Also we all sell things we regret selling. Lesson learned the hard way

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boggles my mind that people bring stuff like this here.
You really can’t figure out what to do on your own?

C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gifC0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
#141 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

People like that only regurgitate enough to support their position. They are not going to give out the whole story.
I had a guy here dispute the history of and claim all sorts of intimate knowledge of a machine I ended up getting weeks after it was listed because the seller was getting low balled and was firm on price. I mentioned he must have lowballed the seller and the dude popped a gasket. Denied and deflected by attacking my character. Pretty sensitive reaction from someone who made claims to the contrary…
“Thou doth protest too much, methinks.”

Oh yeah, speaking of people who lie and don’t give out the whole story just to badmouth and shittalk people they don’t know, YOU!

Here’s the actual quote “LORDDEREK” is lying about and claiming a machine with 88 THOUSAND on the coin meter is HUO

Quoted from LORDDREK:

LOL! Ain’t that the truth. In the one year I have been collecting half of my pin purchases have some sort of direct connection between them. And I’m not talking “Hey I know a guy selling a machine” but more like “You bought that? It used to be mine” so yeah wicked tight knit community.
And back to the total play thread I bought a Solar City EM up on the Canadian border that was HUO since 1980 in a pottery studio. It was full of quarters and the coin mech was fully operational yet the counter read 88 thousand plays. The switch contacts were hardly used and inside the cabinet looks like the day it came off the factory floor.
So yeah total plays are not always what they seem…

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yeah well it is what I was told and regardless condition matched the tale. I have a routed EM with a third the plays and everything looks it. But hell I have only been at this a year so what do I know.
You must have been one of those low ballers the guy was complaining about. After seeing it without even opening it (no key) and not powering up I happily gave him the $500 he was asking. Got it home and it was just a pinched power cord…

And here is my calm response “blowing a gasket” claiming I lowballed for a game I never wanted, but just knew the original seller. What is up with people?!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Lol, what? No, I didn’t want it, nor did I offer. Congrats on the pickup, glad you’re happy with it. Not sure why you’re so randomly aggressive on every thread. But as you will learn, that doesn’t get you far in this hobby, good luck!

Buyer beware, we’ll probably see a thread like this in the future when mister <1y sells his mint HUO 88k play game

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The seller contacted a moving company today to take the game back. The movers called me to gain entry, which was denied.

What in the god damn?

You need to set this guy straight. He seems confused who owns this game. It is you. The pending funds have no bearing on ownership, the transaction was initiated and you have your machine (formerly his), seller can take his money (formerly yours) and buy another game

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Yeah, I've caught myself a few times thinking, "Why isn't this tiny etsy shop seller just accepting a return?" or "Why are they making me pay for my own return shipping?" for an item I realized didn't actually want, only to realize that it was probably something custom, and even if it wasn't, they would lose more money in shipping than they would make.
The big boxes have set up unrealistic expectations I think that people have carried over to small businesses/person to person deals.

Reminds me of an management philosophy I learned a few years back when I was taking classes and mentoring.
“You have to retrain your customers and set their expectations”
People have been conditioned by unscrupulous big box stores that blow out local business and then raise prices when they are unchallenged.

As a business owner you need to teach your customers how to behave and what is expected of them. Steve at PBR is a fantastic example. He may be very strict, and some Nancy’s really get twisted over his style, but he has built an incredibly happy and loyal customer base that is the wet dream of most mega-corporations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-has-sellers-remorse-and-now-wants-his-game-back?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.