1A33D621-EE56-4EB2-A384-C03C5482E003 (resized).png
6f6.gif
giphy.gif
6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Un frick’n announced!
Scary thing is my warehouse manager might have just let them in thinking it was approved. Hell…they do wear uniforms and had papers to sign. Pretty official looking.

The fact he showed up unannounced is a big red flag that there is some tomfoolery going on. He wants the game + the money in the end. It's a done deal, he needs to move on with his life and stop acting like a f***ing manchild. If I was the buyer, he can sit around with the uncashed check for all I care.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

The fact he showed up unannounced is a big red flag that there is some tomfoolery going on. He wants the game + the money in the end. It's a done deal, he needs to move on with his life and stop acting like a f***ing manchild.

I don't know. A passive-aggressive person might just assumed the OP would roll over once a couple moving guys knocked on his door. And just say "fuck it, I'll give him back his game". This guy definitely has issues. But for some reason I would be REALLY shocked if he was trying to scam the money too. I just think its classic seller's remorse.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:I don't know. A passive person might just assumed the OP would roll over once a couple moving guys knocked on his door. And just said "fuck it, I'll give him back his game". This guy definitely has issues. But for some reason I would be REALLY shocked if he was trying to scam the money too. I just think its classic seller's remorse.

Might be, but at the end of the day, this speaks volumes about this dude's personal ethics. I've had sellers' remorse on SO MANY GAMES, especially both STTNGs, both Trons, LOTR HUO, Metallica, yadda yadda. I didn't go begging for them back, or even tell the buyer that I had knots in my stomach that I was doing something stupid days before they even came and got the game. =|

#204 2 years ago
precious.gifprecious.gif
#205 2 years ago

It is a sweet game. I had never heard of it. I bet that one in SoCal sells fast based on this thread.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Might be, but at the end of the day, this speaks volumes about this dude's personal ethics.

Exactly. There wouldn't be any trust left. No matter where things were left off in the communication chain, it's over at that point. I would send a communication back that we are done here and request no further communication and any such attempts would be ignored.

#207 2 years ago

This has fast become my favorite thread since the (not so) NOS High Speed for sale thread..

#208 2 years ago

Deleted

#209 2 years ago

Here’s his response

48837B6C-9BD0-49C2-80D4-7AC0F46B27B9 (resized).jpeg48837B6C-9BD0-49C2-80D4-7AC0F46B27B9 (resized).jpeg
#210 2 years ago

It's a certainly tough spot to be in when neither the buyer nor seller can trust each other. Each person is trying to look out for their own interests, and each person has no way to verify if what the other person is saying is truthful.

#211 2 years ago

Sending movers to come and take it back is insane. The most understanding I can be is that the seller just thought the OP would accept giving it back, and sent the movers out before contacting him. But even that's insanely presumptuous and still really rude.

But yeah, the OP made a deal and fulfilled his end of the deal by mailing the check and has already received the game. The transaction has been completed, whether or not the check has been cashed. It's your choice whether to go back on the deal, and it doesn't sound like you want to, which is completely fair.

Honestly, at this point, what you're protecting against is making your life harder later, if he tries to file a small claims case against you. If he doesn't cash your check, document attempts to pay him again and make sure that all future checks are sent with tracking and delivery receipt, to build a paper trail that you're acting in best effort (otherwise this can turn into a he said, she said sort of thing). Collect documentation on selling your two other games now, just in case (for what the lawyer mentioned earlier). I wouldn't go as far as hiring a lawyer, but I would collect a stack of documents I could easily give to one right away if it reaches that point.

edit: NM, it looks like this was resolved in the few minutes I was writing this up.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a certainly tough spot to be in when neither the buyer nor seller can trust each other. Each person is trying to look out for their own interests, and each person has no way to verify if what the other person is saying is truthful.

Yupp, time to make a pitcher of margarita's and watch the shitshow!!

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here’s his response
[quoted image]

There ya go. Communication FTW once again. Glad it looks like it’ll work out without any more hassles.

#214 2 years ago

Looks like he's on the mend now............

Damn, this made my whole work day go by faster. I hope someone pulls some crazy shit like this tomorrow too.

#215 2 years ago

“Don’t stop payment, send me another check just in case and leave your door open for my movers!”

#216 2 years ago

Congrats on your birthday score John!!

#217 2 years ago

Return the game and buy this one for 2300 less?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125651

#218 2 years ago

well, sounds like he's going to magically "find" the check when he realizes you're not going to give it back.
He got a good price for it, you definitely paid a fair amount considering the condition.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wasn’t there a third party, a guy who is a friend of both the buyer and seller?

#220 2 years ago

Sounds like it's over batter up!

#221 2 years ago

The game was yours the moment it was dropped off, The End. Me personally, I would of drove and dropped cash off the day after delivery. The moment he said he wanted the game back I would of said "This doesn't work that way, Its now my game and its not for sale". No need to justify what you did or didn't do the obtain the funds to pay him and frankly this is none of his business in the first place. He should be thankful that you paid him for the game after dropping it off IMO.

#222 2 years ago

I blame Amazon and Walmart. They make it to easy to return stuff and folks just get too used to it.. lol

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boggles my mind that people bring stuff like this here.

Seriously? You have no self awareness.

This is really a confession that you never read the shit you constantly spew.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I blame Amazon and Walmart. They make it to easy to return stuff and folks just get too used to it.. lol

Yeah, I've caught myself a few times thinking, "Why isn't this tiny etsy shop seller just accepting a return?" or "Why are they making me pay for my own return shipping?" for an item I realized didn't actually want, only to realize that it was probably something custom, and even if it wasn't, they would lose more money in shipping than they would make.

The big boxes have set up unrealistic expectations I think that people have carried over to small businesses/person to person deals.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Yeah, I've caught myself a few times thinking, "Why isn't this tiny etsy shop seller just accepting a return?" or "Why are they making me pay for my own return shipping?" for an item I realized didn't actually want, only to realize that it was probably something custom, and even if it wasn't, they would lose more money in shipping than they would make.
The big boxes have set up unrealistic expectations I think that people have carried over to small businesses/person to person deals.

Reminds me of an management philosophy I learned a few years back when I was taking classes and mentoring.
“You have to retrain your customers and set their expectations”
People have been conditioned by unscrupulous big box stores that blow out local business and then raise prices when they are unchallenged.

As a business owner you need to teach your customers how to behave and what is expected of them. Steve at PBR is a fantastic example. He may be very strict, and some Nancy’s really get twisted over his style, but he has built an incredibly happy and loyal customer base that is the wet dream of most mega-corporations.

#226 2 years ago

Maybe he saw this thread?

#227 2 years ago

All I can suggest is you tell him he can come up to Pastime Pinball in Vermont and he can play Williams Official Baseball all day long. Beer tap is only a few feet away.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

All I can suggest is you tell him he can come up to Pastime Pinball in Vermont and he can play Williams Official Baseball all day long. Beer tap is only a few feet away.

Man!
I just looked up your website & that place is heaven

#229 2 years ago

Here's a tip. Dial back the batting voltage on the rheostat located under the play field. Why? Too strong will clock someone on the infield and he goes to the hospital for ankle JB Weld surgery.

#230 2 years ago

Here's a tip. Dial back the batting voltage on the rheostat located under the play field. Why? Too strong will clock someone on the infield and he goes to the hospital for ankle JB Weld surgery.

Now that's a great Pinside Tip.

#231 2 years ago

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR HELPFUL TECH TIPS, HOW DARE YOU

#232 2 years ago

This thread sure pulled me in, it reads like a suspense novel!

OP, I hope the ending is the good one I would have written for you.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

"Tell him you slept with his wife." Quote, Cosmo Kramer (jerkstore episode).

It was George who said that and she was in a coma lol.

#234 2 years ago

If he has your check I would be worried about him having your routing and account number. That would really worry me.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If he has your check I would be worried about him having your routing and account number. That would really worry me.

Doesn’t this go for every check ever written? There are loads of reasons to be a bit paranoid these days, but this seems to be a bit much. The vast majority of people in this world don’t respond to petty disputes like this by committing wire fraud. Just a tiny bit of vigilance is sufficient to protect you against the vast majority of banking fraud.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:If you consider putting a stop payment on it. Check for how long it is good for. I ran into this years ago on a lost check. The stop payment was only good for six months. The bank reassured me they wouldn't cash a stale dated check. I pointed out that they once cashed my pay stub and not the check.
They said if I was worried, I could stop payment again. A round $12 at that time. There was no way to make it permanent. I said I know a way. They asked wht ? I closed the account.
LTG : )

Legend

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here’s his response
[quoted image]

Twenty bucks says that check "magically appears*" tomorrow

(*he finally decides to cash it after sitting on it for days, and move on)

#238 2 years ago

Well that's the ballgame folks!!!

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

well, sounds like he's going to magically "find" the check when he realizes you're not going to give it back.
He got a good price for it, you definitely paid a fair amount considering the condition.

The fact he states "don't stop payment on the check" is a huge flag the damn thing is in his hand.

#240 2 years ago

Another pinside tip. I have an account I use only for writing checks (doesn’t get used often) but I only transfer enough money to cover the check, so the account is almost always at $1 so nothing to steal

#241 2 years ago

It was George who said that and she was in a coma lol.

It was Kramer that suggested George say it. Which he did.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The seller contacted a moving company today to take the game back. The movers called me to gain entry, which was denied.

randy-johnson-bird.gifrandy-johnson-bird.gif

#243 2 years ago

Transactions can be weird sometimes. Had a game for 2600. Buyer came out happy with the condition. Says hell take it for 2600. I agree. He puts 100.00 deposit down payment.He comes back with a trailer. Looks at game closer and asks if I would take 2k for the game instead.
I told him no. He still took the game at 2600.
That was a first time I had someone try to negotiate a lower price after leaving a deposit.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Transactions can be weird sometimes. Had a game for 2600. Buyer came out happy with the condition. Says hell take it for 2600. I agree. He puts 100.00 deposit down payment.He comes back with a trailer. Looks at game closer and asks if I would take 2k for the game instead.
That was a first time I had someone try to negotiate a lower price after leaving a deposit.

I hate that shit.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Rule 1 of negotiating: If you brought a trailer to the seller's location, you're NOT in a negotiation power position!

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Rule 1 of negotiating: If you brought a trailer to the seller's location, you're NOT in a negotiation power position!

Also if you drove an hour or more to look at the game.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

lol

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Also if you drove an hour or more to look at the game.

Yep, I drove four hours to a guy's house one time to look at a game, saw some things that weren't disclosed and thought "what the f@#$ am I gonna do, drive four hours back home empty-handed?" If the problems had been major I guess I would have but I didn't even try to change the deal, maybe I should have but as you said, I have very little negotiating power at that point.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I drove four hours to a guy's house one time to look at a game, saw some things that weren't disclosed and thought "what the f@#$ am I gonna do, drive four hours back home empty-handed?"

I have driven home empty handed a few times. It sucks but sometimes it's a principle thing.

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I have driven home empty handed a few times. It sucks but sometimes it's a principle thing.

Agree here. I haven't had to do it but am always prepared to leave with nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-has-sellers-remorse-and-now-wants-his-game-back/page/5?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.